project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
27 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 04:09 PM   #1
Turkey714
Default United States Servers

Hello my colleges call me Turkey and im new to Project Reality and as i was searching up the servers iv knoticed that there all east coast.Iv Tried to Play with some the guys from the East coast but they dont fit my stile of game play. Im was wondering if there is a region problom or a lack of players but i remember that Califronia was Really dence with people as of the rest of the west coast (vancover) if i could get a heads up in whats going on. Thanks
Old 09-16-2011, 07:59 PM   #2
saXoni
Supporting Member
Default Re: United States Servers

What do you mean by they don't fit your stye of gameplay? There is only one way to play PR, and that is with great teamwork and communication. If you don't like neither of them, PR is not for you.

The only good US server is TacticalGamer.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
[R-DEV]Ratface
PR:BF2 Developer

Most people seem to like Tactical Gamer on here, for whatever reason.

They do use mumble but other than that it's not one I'm a great fan of.

I started playing on =HOG= when I started PR and now only really play on the =H=ardcore server, which depending if you are on vent or in mumble, can have good matches with good teamwork.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:04 PM   #4
saXoni
Supporting Member

How can you not like Tactical Gamer?
Admins are fair, players are great, maplist is great, and the way everybody is using mumble without it being mandatory is just awesome.
Unfortunately, it has been crashing a lot lately.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #5
[R-COM]Arc_Shielder
PR Community Faction Lead

What Saxoni said, Tactical Gamer is really the best american server. Avoid Hardcore and HOG as the negative feedback is immense.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:40 PM   #6
Dev1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcturus_Shielder View Post
What Saxoni said, Tactical Gamer is really the best american server. Avoid Hardcore and HOG as the negative feedback is immense.
Indeed.

I don't mind being on hardcore or HOG, however. It's just some people have bad experiences, is all. I tend to have pretty fun matches there

Old 09-17-2011, 11:08 AM   #7
Murphy

I don't see how coming from a different coast, or even different country, has an impact on how well they squad up as long as everyone speaks the same language. You might also want to note that this community is rather small so while there is surely quite a few west coasters around there is not enough online at any moment to have a "west coast server".

Sorry you have no option but to deal with us heathenish easterners.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:47 AM   #8
BoZo_135

PRTA, Sisu (when it's up), and TG are the servers that you want to go to for true teamwork. Just make sure you have mumble. The HOG and Hardcore servers are only good if you just want to shoot stuff and lone wolf.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:43 PM   #9
=HCM= Shwedor

Play hardcore if you don't want to get kicked for a supporting member while you're transporting a whole squad in your helicopter, or if you want to actively attack caches while playing insurgency instead of "regrouping" in main after every known caches dies. Also hardcore does not force any 3rd party communications systems on you, if you wish to play with teamwork Hardcore has it, you just need to take the initiative to join H ventrilo or mumble. Hardcore has a reputation of being bashed on these forums by a few hard heads who were too lazy to read our rules or learn how we operate, but we do manage to have the most populated PR server and we attract the best PR players.

shwedor
Old 09-17-2011, 01:49 PM   #10
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by =HCM= Shwedor View Post
Play hardcore if you don't want to get kicked for a supporting member while you're transporting a whole squad in your helicopter, or if you want to actively attack caches while playing insurgency instead of "regrouping" in main after every known caches dies. Also hardcore does not force any 3rd party communications systems on you, if you wish to play with teamwork Hardcore has it, you just need to take the initiative to join H ventrilo or mumble. Hardcore has a reputation of being bashed on these forums by a few hard heads who were too lazy to read our rules or learn how we operate, but we do manage to have the most populated PR server and we attract the best PR players.
Selfpromoting much?

Anyway AFAIK there is no west coast server but that really doesn't make a difference. As many before I'd say TG, as you should have a rather good ping and a good and active player-base. Not as good as years ago but still one of the finest.
Closed Thread

Tags
servers, states, united