project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
25 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2011, 11:18 AM   #1
Himalde

Default Cant pickup enemy kit :)

I like the current system but would like some changes.
  • Reduce the time before the screen goes black.

Because now people use enemy snipers, marksmen AR etc.

• Make the top 2/3 of the screen back, and the rest normal.

So you can still see the ground, and find your old kit.

• Reduce the time you can hold a kit.

You should never have time to use AA and HAT.

• Make it active for ALL enemy kits.

So people don't use the enemy uniform. I know the argument if you are ever out of bullets you would pick up an enemy rifle. Sadly you get the uniform (helmet etc) at the same time, and how often do you really run out of rifle ammo? If you find lots of enemy kits you usually also find some ammo bags as well.

Also LATs are now deadly in the hands of insurgents, and bluefor never uses them. Bluefor can pick up PRGs (from cache) and destroy the enemy cache with them.

Get PR-Mumble 1.0

RealityTeamwork
Himalde is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:27 AM   #2
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member
Default Re: Cant pickup enemy kit :)

I agree with most here:

1. People still use HAT/Sniper - if blackout timer is reduced you won't be able to hide/move them which would be sad. Plus it is nice to confirm that it was that annoying SAW gunner you killed.

2. Let you see enough to find your own kit - we've all had the try again later when you try to drop.

3. No use of enemy kits atall - perfect would be just the rifle no hat - but possibly engine related I'd leave that one myself.... But RPGing caches is annoyingly frequent
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:57 PM   #3
PricelineNegotiator
Banned

I think it's fine the way it is.
PricelineNegotiator is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:18 PM   #4
Mikemonster

It's a feature to allow me to punish enemy teams for having careless snipers.

Actually no, on a serious note, you are correct in my humble opinion. The ability to 'camp' with an enemy kit is ridiculous and punishes an enemy team for the actions of one lonewolf or Rambo (who almost always covet the 'elite' kits).

Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:52 PM   #5
Kain888
Supporting Member

100% agreed! It should eb done long time ago, especially the change make game a lot better.

Kain888 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:25 PM   #6
Murphy

I have always thought the whole kit system should be revised, you get what you spawn with.

You are the squads medic, the squads SAW could not simply dawn the medics uniform and then become a trained medic could he? Could the very same medic be revived and instantly know how to arm and use an AT weapon?

Why would a soldier armed with a 5.56 rifle be walking around with ammo for a Russian RPG and 7.62 rounds? In PR he just does and we all deal with it, but I wish we didn't have to. I could see how this does help the team work aspect, but it greatly retracts from the "reality" bit of the game.

Actually seeing the kits on the ground is also an eyesore, and realistically you would want to quickly disarm any downed enemy especially if he has a HAT system in hand. Just have "T menu" requested kits given directly to the player (not possibru?), and when he dies his corpse is theoretically disarmed by the advancing troops leaving nothing for the enemy to scavenge.

On the other hand I could understand how an insurgent would indeed take the small arms weapons off of any ISAF troops given the chance. I understand how ammo bags are hard-coded, and I do kind of like the handiness of the whole concept. I still dislike how you are able to rearm off of the enemy even if you do not have the same equipment at your disposal.

Last edited by Murphy; 09-14-2011 at 11:31 PM..
Old 09-14-2011, 11:42 PM   #7
XxZIOIMIBIExX
Supporting Member
Send a message via MSN to XxZIOIMIBIExX Send a message via Skype™ to XxZIOIMIBIExX

well ive done this once but, my whole squad took enemy kits we found. and used that to our advantage, kinda like spec ops, was cool because when we came up on enemies they usually hesitated to fire thinking we were friendly. :P

coolest tactic ive come across, but i wouldnt mind this anyways cuz ive been killed by my own LAT kit before
XxZIOIMIBIExX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:35 AM   #8
Mikemonster

I do think that some fun is added to the game by being able to pick up enemy kits, and that it should be retained as an aspect of the game, but I don't extend that as far as being able to use enemy 'special' kits.

That said it is annoying to have a Blufor team armed with HAT kits almost exclusively because this means the enemy won't be able to 'get scopes'.

Mikemonster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:23 PM   #9
Stealthgato

I'm against making EVERY enemy kit not useable. I think kit permissions are fine the way they are now.

Stealthgato is offline Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:25 AM   #10
Himalde

Looking forward to the servers with over 64 players and nametag problems, the uniform thing will be a huge issue.

Get PR-Mumble 1.0

RealityTeamwork
Himalde is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
enemy, kit, pickup