project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
20 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 10-07-2006, 08:15 PM   #1
Solitas

Thumbs up Piss Up in London! (and ULOTC open night :P)

Greetings one all, but mostly coniseurs of booze

Myself and Iasthai were going to head on down to the ULOTC (University of London Officers Training Corps) and see about signing up this Monday evening (the 9th).
Whats the ULOTC you may ask? I gave you a link, look it up you lazy git! To sum it up though, a better version of the TA for students, with no commitment and you still get paid! Hurah!
Alternatively as my colleague Tai puts it 'A great opportunity for young people to get laid and paid...in Camo!'

But thats not here nor there, myself and Thai realised there were pubs in London...and other PRmm players lived in London. So naturally we decided the only sane course of action...was to go out and get pissed and see if we could find our way home, hurah!

Now obviously this is short notice, but Monday is the last open night for the ULOTC. Besides, since when is going out and getting pissed effort, I ask you?

So with that said, who's up for coming out with me and Tai for a little drinky, and possibly signing up for the ULOTC (paid to get laid, wink wink, nudge nudge, know what I mean ). The ULOTC is near Russel Square station, so we'll probably be looking for pubs around there...or not, it depends how desperate for alcohol we are.

So reply one and all, even if you don't live in London. Buy a plane ticket, come visit, get drunk and forget wear your staying.

Your friendly local London friends, Solitas and Iasthai

Learn to laugh at yourself, before you laugh at the people around you
Solitas is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 08:24 PM   #2
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

hehe, Il see what im doing that could be interesting if some people come. Id be up for it. OTC!? your mad. Im going to full time marines soon and id expect nothing less of yourselves!
duckhunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 08:48 PM   #3
Solitas

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]duckhunt
hehe, Il see what im doing that could be interesting if some people come. Id be up for it. OTC!? your mad. Im going to full time marines soon and id expect nothing less of yourselves!
I intend to sign up for the Paras after Uni, but until then I may as well get some experience and a taste for what it's like.
Hopefully some more people will be interested, anyone in London not wanting a piss-up is ill...veyr, very ill

Learn to laugh at yourself, before you laugh at the people around you
Solitas is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 08:52 PM   #4
Iasthai

Marines? thats great! i cant join due to being allergic to bullets

More people the better, seeing as i can get them to buy me drinks being the bum i am then
Iasthai is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 09:00 PM   #5
Fullforce
Retired PR Developer

heh, i'm tempted to come but it isn't possible
Fullforce is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 06:31 AM   #6
NiGHTWoLF

I'v signed up for the Liverpool UOTC, I just passed selection 1 yesturday now I got to go to selection, weekend away at Altcar Training camp.

I hope I get in, and it was ME!!! who told solitas about this thing in the first palce

You're most probably a noob
Last edited by NiGHTWoLF; 10-08-2006 at 08:50 AM..
Old 10-08-2006, 07:58 AM   #7
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

I hope you enjoy it, but I dont think, but how hard was the selection, really?

Cmon Fullforce you minor, Il hide you under my coat!
Old 10-08-2006, 08:48 AM   #8
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

Basically give me the location of a pub, rough time you be there from and il see if I happen to coincidently turn up
Old 10-08-2006, 09:19 AM   #9
Thunder

i would but, im working and im welsh! theres one near me but ill skip that and check out the royal marine commando reserve instead.

Thunder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:29 AM   #10
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [5NFSO]Thunder
i would but, im working and im welsh! theres one near me but ill skip that and check out the royal marine commando reserve instead.
hehe, its something you have to give up a bit of pr for and get out running all the time. Reserves although less time commitment, you have to train in your own time up to the cdo tests, wheras full time, you get 32 weeks paid to build up to it. Go for it, Ive done some time in reserves, but If you were going to go to a sandy place, Id rather have the superior training of doing it full time as a job. Because you cant rule out mobilisation atall in a reserve unit.

Tags
london, night, open, piss, ulotc