project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
26 May 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 08-23-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
WhiskeyHotel

Default Medic Self Healing: I liked it in .966

If your pissed off read this:
Sorry if I pissed anyone off, or if I get flaked for this... but I play a lot of Medic in Project Reality. In fact, I've spent more time as medic than any other kit. But in all honesty, despite this sounding completely obtuse, I actually liked it better in .966, when my squad had to pick up my kit, and fix me up, rather than me patching myself up.

Actual PostI gave this post some thought before posting, so it's not like I'm just saying this because I hate it in BF2 Vanilla where you shoot a medic 3 times, he hides, and comes back feeling better than ever... I honestly found it a little more "realistic" when Medics couldn't self heal. I honestly believe it's more realistic if I get shot, that someone else has to pick up my kit, or drop me first aid, rather than just looking straight up or down and feeling better.

I've never been in a military of any time, for more reasons than 1 (trust me I want to go), but even in movies, where magic is supposed to happen, even medics need someone else to help them out; for example in Saving Private Ryan (if it's in this movie you know it's true... that's sarcasm, but I'm just saying)...

I can't think of another source, nor do I really have any real life, true story or accounts where medics have been shot from a deadly wound and patched themselves up, and I don't deny that it's possible, but I strongly believe that by disabling medics to self heal (or with a limited amount of times they can self heal), it will add a little more to the gameplay and strategy.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention, healing yourself with 12 first aid patches. Sorry, didn't realize there was a significant difference between healing yourself with First aid, and looking straight up with a med pack out or straight down. I mean, it's such a big deal that you have to insult someone.
Last edited by WhiskeyHotel; 08-23-2011 at 05:07 PM.. Reason: Forgot something
Old 08-23-2011, 04:45 PM   #2
Bluedrake42
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Medic Self Healing: I liked it in .966

uh.... they didn't change it. you still can't heal yourself... so yes lol they agree with you. that's why they made it that way xD try you know... actually PLAYING the game before you post a suggestion
Last edited by Bluedrake42; 08-23-2011 at 05:04 PM..
Old 08-23-2011, 05:04 PM   #3
saXoni
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedrake42 View Post
uh.... they didn't change it. you still can't heal yourself... so yes lol they agree with you. that's why they made it that way xD try you know... actually PLAYING the game before you post a suggestion
They gave the medics 12 patches. That's what he means. When you've got so many patches, you don't have to worry about wasting them.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:05 PM   #4
Bluedrake42
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saXoni View Post
They gave the medics 12 patches. That's what he means. When you've got so many patches, you don't have to worry about wasting them.
I don't see him saying that anywhere
Bluedrake42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:06 PM   #5
WhiskeyHotel

Quote:
actually PLAYING the game before you post a suggestion
Okay, I played it... I was right, your turn.

And on a final note: I wasn't posting a suggestion, just an opinion... if I posted a suggestion, it would have been in the proper forum, this is just open for discussion/debate.

So thanks again for flaking my opinion, I specifically, posted at the beginning of my post, "Sorry if I pissed anyone off, or if I get flaked for this" and then... "despite this sounding completely obtuse, I actually liked it better in .966"

Some how, my fortune telling self, knew someone like YOU was going to come along and do this.
Last edited by WhiskeyHotel; 08-23-2011 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add something... last thing I swear.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:08 PM   #6
WhiskeyHotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by saXoni View Post
And when working with a soldier, you never have to worry about running out.
WhiskeyHotel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:18 PM   #7
saXoni
Supporting Member

Quote:
I don't see him saying that anywhere
Well, that's the only difference between the medic on .96 and .97. It says itself, pretty much.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:47 PM   #8
BlazeDBe3

I think 12 is a tad much IMO, but im not gonna ask for it to be changed back to 3....

12 makes it so the medic can be more self-efficient then relying on your squad mates, mostly if your squad say isn't around you, or they just dont listen and heal you..

Plus 12 makes it so the medic can stay up longer, which he is suppose to be doing anyways. 3 bandages, gone after taking damage once from a firefight. Medic bag can heal the squad many many times. You? Get 1 chance, and thats 3 bandages. After that you out of luck and no more bandages.

I see 12 patches pretty much simply this;
allows medic to be up longer, making it equal to rest of squad.

BTW, your the first ive seen to disagree with the change.

EDIT: Also your asking for "realism" with the medic. You wont get it, PR aint about realism. Its about what the DEVS feel is real to them is what I found. I can name many of things in PR that arent close to realistic... either it be for gameplay balance or NOT. But thats a whole other story........

Since their view on suggestions is so limited and honestly, dont take any in.
Suck it up, or hit the highway. Is what its come down to for me.
BlazeDBe3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:07 PM   #9
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

imo 12 is fine, its 4 full heals from a good single bullet wound.

That means you got 4 'get out of jail free cards' before you require resupply to remain effective

reducing to 9 perhaps to be 3 cards instead may work, I like unforgiving gameplay - just want to keep it at a level that the public can work with

but there is a reason feedback forums are closed

lets get some hours of gameplay in first lads forums wil be open in due time

We want good, well considered and constructive feedback, so its best to give it a little while before getting feedback

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:20 PM   #10
Gracler

Its always about the balance between "realism" and game play.

Focus to much on realism and the game will be boring and the mod will die.

Focus to much on game-play and its no longer PR...its just bf2 vanilla with a new skin.

The medic is a game-play object....it can never be realistic......tweak it until it serves the game-play in the best way and leave it at that.

0.97 medic is acceptable to me.
Gracler is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
966, healing, medic