project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
24 Apr 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 08-14-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
x4457
Exclamation Project Reality doesn't start.

Hello all!

I have been playing Project Reality for years now, and I must say that it is one of the most fun things I have ever done under any circumstances. I am running a Win 7 Ultimate 64-Bit PC with 8 GB of DDR3 Ram and an Intel Quad Core processor and a nVidia GTX 260 graphics card, and Project Reality has decided not to work today. I was playing it yesterday just fine, but today when I started it (both as administrator and as regular user), the game initialized and in the initial black Startup screen, crashed to desktop without any evidence it ever started, no error messages and the program (.exe) is no longer running. If any more information is required, do tell me, and I will do my best to try to provide said information. Until then, I will keep trying. Thanks in advance!

- Brad
x4457 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:15 AM   #2
sharpie
Supporting Member

Default Re: Project Reality doesn't start.

Reinstall PR. If that doesnt work, reinstall BF2 and PR.

Start with that, if it still doesn't work...idk :3

"Tom I think you have influenced the combat effectiveness of this team! Everyone has gone full potato."~Foxxyfrost
[DM]P*Funk: its like a funk guitar seminar up in that bitch
K_Rivers-"...everything is broken in your country,"
RinWarZip: Your butthurt is like cold september morning by the seashore for me. Refreshing. Pepper mint.
sharpie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:38 AM   #3
x4457

After a full re-install of both BF:2 and PR 0.966, it still isn't working in either compatibility or non-compatibility mode with Windows XP SP 2...downloading and re-installing the newest drivers for my card now.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:40 AM   #4
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I think I've seen this before, try deleting your accounts by going to my documents/battlfield/profiles (back them up) and deleting them.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:00 AM   #5
x4457

After full re-install of drivers and deleting of the profiles file, it still sin't working, in any startup configuration I try (Compatibility for Win XP Sp2 or 3, Administrator/Non-admin, Direct start/start through shortcut), it still isn't working...any more suggestions? I'll entertain anything at this point....
Old 08-15-2011, 03:22 AM   #6
x4457

Update: Rolled back my drivers to the previous stable version and it didn't make a difference.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:56 PM   #7
maarit
Supporting Member

have you tried to play regular battlefield 2?
maarit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:04 PM   #8
x4457

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarit View Post
have you tried to play regular battlefield 2?
I don't know why I didn't think of that before......but it worked

Both are now working, thanks guys!!
Old 09-30-2011, 06:56 PM   #9
Cassius
Supporting Member

Well I have the same problem, except Battlefield 2 wont start either. I have the same configuration and 2 monitors hooked up. I am mentioning this because after crashing after the screen goes black whatever I open in the task bar goes to Monitor 2.

EDIT: Nvm. I assumed the 1.5 2 gig patch was a full patch, but apparently it requiers 1.41 to be installed.

|TG|cap_Kilgore
Last edited by Cassius; 09-30-2011 at 07:02 PM..
Old 05-28-2012, 07:46 AM   #10
Treegarden

Hello, since yesterday evening i have the same problem. But my Bf2 wont start too. And sometimes, not everytime, there is an error message "unable to run bf2". I have fully updated bf2 to v 1.51. And i have installed pr since 3 days. I dont know the reason because, it just suddently dosent work anymore. Of course i reinstalled pr. Hope i find help soon.
Treegarden is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
project, reality, start, win