project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
21 Oct 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2018-10-01, 00:05   #1
dunem666

Send a message via MSN to dunem666 Send a message via Skype™ to dunem666
Default Staticobjects.con Wiped Clean

Hi,

Does anyone know what could cause my Staticobjects.con to be wiped clean?

Just done a 4 hour stint of work, gone to test my map to find all statics have dissapeared. I have a backup but I really wouldn't like to lose my last 4 hours!!

Any info is helpful

Thanks

Dun3m
UK Warfare Server Administrator

dunem666 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-01, 15:54   #2
[R-DEV]​X1 Spriggan
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: Staticobjects.con Wiped Clean

Is the newest StaticObjects.con just completely empty or is the map empty of static objects ingame rather than ineditor? If its empty in editor, I'm not sure what exactly would have caused a complete wipe of that file besides some sort of error while saving. If it was a random error, it is good that you only lost 4 hours of work. Before continuing your work, try to reproduce what happened and see if it all disappears again.

If the static objects still work in editor then there must be a bf2 runtime command missing somewhere when you imported it into PR. Feel free to do daily backups of StaticObjects.con and other small files such as Overgrowth and Undergrowth RAW files ( if your not adding new variation) as those are the ones generally being constantly updated and most annoying to re-edit. Continuation of entire map folder backups is of course still highly advised.

[17:21] Falkun: im making spaghetti
[17:21] Falkun: lal
[17:22] Falkun: i'll put some in an envelope for you
X1 Spriggan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-02, 17:04   #3
dunem666

Send a message via MSN to dunem666 Send a message via Skype™ to dunem666

Thanks for the info

The staticobjects.con was completely empty = 0 KB

It only happened after I used the build script for the map so I could run some tests on it. When I loaded the map i noticed that there was only terrain and roads present of which led me to find the staticobjects.con was empty.

It was even empty in my original editor folder.

Have tried to replicate the same error and found nothing so far.

Just glad I had a backup of which was only 4 hours previously! Theres over 300 hours of work on the map so far so its pretty complex.

Thanks again

Dun3m
UK Warfare Server Administrator

dunem666 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-02, 20:56   #4
[R-DEV]​X1 Spriggan
PR:BF2 Developer

The build script did cause issues for me too, but I may have been using it wrong. I ended up not using the build script and manually compressed the correct files into each of their own "client.zip" and "server.zip" to do testing. When dropping the compressed files into PR to test, you only need the Info and ZIP files in the map folder. https://imgur.com/G66Nt50

Either run the build script once and see what files end up in each compressed folder, or take a peak at other maps and see where the files went when they were built. A bit tedious I know, but when doing it enough times it can be fast and save you a few headaches from a build script error. Hopefully, your build script still works though.

[17:21] Falkun: im making spaghetti
[17:21] Falkun: lal
[17:22] Falkun: i'll put some in an envelope for you
X1 Spriggan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-03, 04:10   #5
HeneraLuna

the map build script can do no harm to your map files tho , it only packs your map files to where it should be going in the exact archive

HeneraLuna is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
clean, staticobjectscon, wiped