project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
09 Aug 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2022-05-11, 11:59   #41
Tim270
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: [Weapon] Hk 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmash View Post
I've got few questions about making low poly:
1. Do scope need to have lenses on both front and back?
Yes, rounded lens (like Irl), just needs one at each end then we apply a semi-transparent texture to it.

Quote:
2. What is final limit for 1p model 5k verts?
Measure in triangles rather than verts - triangles is what it ends up as ingame. Triangle count looks all okay on the face of it though, some areas like symmetry lines you can remove to cut some for final low poly.

Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-16, 20:45   #42
Operator_Max1993

now, i do love the MEC's G3A3, and i don't really see any problems (yes the recoil can be a bit of a pain, but i fell in love with the G3 rifle since i was little (btw the Greek and Cypriot army uses them as well to replace the German Mannlicher Schoenauer 1903 , British Lee Enfield No.4 and American M1 Garand rifles, also would love a Cyprus map, could be like the Falklands war but with lots of G3s instead of lots of FN FALs)

and again, i saw plenty of people in the forums cry about the MEC's G3A3 rifle and then they suggest about making the MEC into another boring AK based faction, oh please don't (i literally got bored alot with AK based factions though thank god that there's other OPFOR factions that aren't completely AK based (like Hamas with their old school M16s, ARF and Argentina with their FN FALs, China with their QBZ Type 95s)

to those kinds of threads i'd just make a rant and finish off with #NotMyMEC

but i do love the HK33 (and G41), and honestly i'd like to see it in Project Reality (maybe along with the HK-53 or HK-51), maybe have it for some MEC kits or have a "Reservist" or Subfaction of the MEC (i remember going around the PR forums and digging out something about having a reservist army of the IDF armed with M16s instead of Tavors, but that didn't happen)
Operator_Max1993 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-12, 12:09   #43
izmash
PR Server License Administrator

I have another few questions:

1. Do i need to model 5.56 round by myself or it is in game files? What about textures for it?
2. Do i need two lenses in scope modeled or only first one (I saw two lenses in most of scopes)?
3. As i saw in meshview there is entire geometry only for scope, but what is the correct way to model that.
4. Does full weapon with attachments need to be packed in one UV?
izmash is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-12, 13:38   #44
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

1. We have common meshes you can re-use. What format would you need them? 3ds or obj for Blender?
/objects/weapons/common/textures/ammo/ammo_c.dds

2. Not sure I understand, but you will need 2 lenses for 3p mesh. In 1p probably wont matter much

3. I am not sure if this zoomLod would be done by you or the exporter later. It would include the scope (including the reticle) in a close up as well as everything that will be visible when zoomed in

4. As little materials as possible is always the best. However if you can re-use some attachment from existing weapons (e.g. other aimpoints used by MEC), re-using them would be better and also saves time

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote