project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-28, 02:50   #11
Rapier

Default Re: 0.8 !!!! FINALLY! What are your thoughts on this abrupt announcement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azreal64 View Post
Personally I can't wait to get my hands on some of those new maps! Well that and the whole US Army faction
USA RULES, BRITISH DROOLS.

Post warned for pointless patriotism/nation bashing -M
Last edited by Masaq; 2008-08-28 at 10:44..
Old 2008-08-28, 02:50   #12
TheSkudDestroyer
Supporting Member

Default Re: 0.8 !!!! FINALLY! What are your thoughts on this abrupt announcement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
They had better make a patch version for us people who don't feel like downloading the Core, and Maps.. And it had better include the maps and core updates in it too! :P
I've downloaded 9 versions of PR .8

Old 2008-08-28, 02:51   #13
Dirtboy
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Dirtboy Send a message via Yahoo to Dirtboy

Quote:
And it had better include the maps and core updates in it too! :P
Or what...

Old 2008-08-28, 02:52   #14
Rapier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtboy View Post
Or what...
I'll have to start shooping the whoop... firin' mah lazor, til the end of time, and continue rick rolling like a champion... while doing it for the lulz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
I've downloaded 9 versions of PR .8
Not on a 150 KB/S connection.
Old 2008-08-28, 02:54   #15
gclark03

I wasn't that impressed with the game mechanics changes - not enough of them - but the real strength of this patch is content.

One great release? That's wonderful. Two? That's incredible. But eight groundbreaking releases...we'll need a new adjective to describe that.

Congratulations, DEVs, on a job well done. I owe you each a gallon, not a pint.
Old 2008-08-28, 02:55   #16
TheSkudDestroyer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gclark03 View Post
I wasn't that impressed with the game mechanics changes - not enough of them - but the real strength of this patch is content.
I better forward this comment to [R-CON]Wolfe and [R-DEV]M.J.Patterson because they totally did not work for hundreds of hours on one single game mechanic.

You cannot fathom the game mechanic changes. The changelog from .8's beginning to .8xx's release is quite a novel.

Old 2008-08-28, 02:56   #17
Rapier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
I better forward this comment to [R-CON]Wolfe and [R-DEV]M.J.Patterson because they totally did not work for hundreds of hours on one single game mechanic.
... I can't wait to see the outcome of this... *grabs popcorn*
Old 2008-08-28, 02:57   #18
Clypp

Send a message via AIM to Clypp Send a message via MSN to Clypp

Quote:
I'll have to start shooping the whoop... firin' mah lazor, til the end of time, and continue rick rolling like a champion... while doing it for the lulz.

Not on a 150 KB/S connection.
My connection maxes out at about 150kB/s too. 5 versions I dled I think. You sleep for at least 4 hours, dl it then.
Old 2008-08-28, 03:02   #19
Guardian[]B()b
Supporting Member
Thumbs up Re: 0.8 !!!! FINALLY! What are your thoughts on this abrupt announcement?

Great !
Thoughts - not that abrupt given their past practice of quiet releases,
on Friday - k I'll ask, will that be Friday midnight GMT or EST or...

Friday of the last long weekend for the summer here in US/Canada - no, we didn't want to get in any last days of sun anyway, heh

Schools starting up next week too so the usual Dev plan to corrupt all the students heading back.

Great, have to hit the donation page too.
Thanks.
Old 2008-08-28, 03:03   #20
Z-trooper
Retired PR Developer

only 3x 0.8 versions downloaded here all at around 100-200kbs speed. Takes a while - so do something else while you download. Like us modders - mod!

"Without geometry, life is pointless"
Closed Thread

Tags
abrupt, announcement, finally, thoughts