project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
25 Oct 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2020-05-06, 17:47   #1
UstaaB
Question Developers Check Here Please

Hello, I am UstaaB. I'am a very old player. I'm fan of Battlefield Series and WWII Themed Games. I saw this community from another forum. I manage a community of players in Turkey.
I've been dealing with games and minor adjustments for a long time. can i give you some suggestions and for help?
UstaaB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-06, 18:03   #2
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Default Re: Developers Check Here Please

Yes, what are your questions/comments?

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-06, 18:51   #3
UstaaB
Thumbs up Re: Developers Check Here Please

Sorry if I have grammatical errors. I can bring a lot of players here. Can we support the forum language and game language in Turkish? We can help with translation. We want to help as much as we can about ideas, maps, vehicles, weapons, models about in-game systems. It is good to see groups that produce active content such as Project Reality. A simple example; In the forum, we can open sections according to nationalities and you can assign people from that nation to the management of the department.
Old 2020-05-06, 21:21   #4
Rabbit

Ideas arn't shit. They are a dime a dozen. Getting people to do them is what is needed.

AfSoccer "I just don't see the natural talent."
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-06, 21:54   #5
CptHrki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Ideas arn't shit. They are a dime a dozen. Getting people to do them is what is needed.
He literally wrote he can bring a lot of people to help? Let the man talk to devs.
CptHrki is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-06, 22:23   #6
UstaaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post

I don't know exactly what and how. And what kind of shortcomings do you have or what task can you give if I want to help? These are important. For example ; If there are Turkish language options in the forum and game language, I can easily bring many Turkish players here.
Old 2020-05-06, 22:40   #7
Niki-Tret

Post Re: Developers Check Here Please

I am not 100% sure what you want to say so I am sorry if I am wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UstaaB View Post
In the forum, we can open sections according to nationalities and you can assign people from that nation to the management of the department.
First I realy don't like idea about separaring people by their nationality.
Quote:
Can we support the forum language and game language in Turkish?
Here I realy don't understand what do you want to say, but as I understand this is that you want people from Turkey can speak Turkish in game and on forums. In game you can speak whatever language you want with your friends, but that doesn't mean that you can join in sq where everyone speak English and you refuse to speak English, you can do that, but you will probably get kicked from the squad. From the other side forums are something completely diffrent because every forum has some rules. On most of forums you must write English only when you are posting something in Bugs, Sugfestions... But there are also forums where you must write in some other language for example in Portuguese.

And for all other suggestions you have "Suggestions" forum.

Niki-Tret is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-06, 23:03   #8
UstaaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki-Tret View Post
I am not 100% sure what you want to say so I am sorry if I am wrong.
First I realy don't like idea about separaring people by their nationality.

Here I realy don't understand what do you want to say, but as I understand this is that you want people from Turkey can speak Turkish in game and on forums. In game you can speak whatever language you want with your friends, but that doesn't mean that you can join in sq where everyone speak English and you refuse to speak English, you can do that, but you will probably get kicked from the squad. From the other side forums are something completely diffrent because every forum has some rules. On most of forums you must write English only when you are posting something in Bugs, Sugfestions... But there are also forums where you must write in some other language for example in Portuguese.

And for all other suggestions you have "Suggestions" forum.

I did not mention separating nations or racism. I was going to share information about introductory project reality, so that more players can play together and have fun, but some Turkish players may not speak English. Therefore, they can discuss and talk comfortably in their own language, even if there are separate nation departments. I didn't say it in a bad way.

Old 2020-05-07, 00:31   #9
Niki-Tret

Quote:
I did not mention separating nations or racism. I was going to share information about introductory project reality, so that more players can play together and have fun, but some Turkish players may not speak English. Therefore, they can discuss and talk comfortably in their own language, even if there are separate nation departments. I didn't say it in a bad way.

No no no, I didn't want to say you are speaking or promoting racism or nationalism
I just wanted to say that making groups can lead to racistic or nationalistic behavior. (because some people are stupud and just waiting for something to argue about)

Niki-Tret is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-07, 05:21   #10
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Hi UstaaB.

We generally don't do sub-forums for different languages as very few, if any of the devs can engage in that language and/or moderate it. Communities that want to engage with each other in their language normally create their own community with an optional website/forum, but some are just made on platforms like Discord etc, and then anything that community wants the devs to see, they post here in English, with help with people in that community who are versatile in both languages.

As Rabbit said, we have no shortage of suggestions or on ideas of what we could do. Most suggestions are actually more counterproductive than anything as explaining why we can't do this or that takes time away from us developing the mod, not that it stops me or other devs haha.

If by help, you mean you have some modders who want to help out with PR by making a new map or model etc, then have the most in the Community Modding Section of the forum and have them use something like Google Translate to say what they need, with maybe even the original text in their language in a quote or another section of the post, and most of the time that's good enough to get by.

Thanks.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
allgamesturkey, communitiy, turkish, wwii