project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
18 Oct 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2015-08-06, 18:29   #41
Wing Walker
Default Re: Dear veterans, quitchyerbitchun about newb SLs

Everyone's argument against players with no mics always has a lot of very specific situations that are not always true, nor are not absolutely necessary for a squad to be effective. PR is not always that fast of a game where you need instant communication.

I don't need people in my Squad to be able to talk all of the time, just to listen.

Also, they are making the mistake of assuming the micless players are also def, blind, and don't know how to play PR.

I have had micless medics, and micless gunners. They usually listen to you.

If the player is a lonewolf douchbag, he will probably still be a lonewolf douchebag with a mic. Either way that player gets kicked.

They are still players that want to play the game. Newer players are more likely to not use a mic at first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR8Z View Post
Moral of the story: Please don't chase off new players. We want this community to continue to grow so we can keep the game going. Just be cool.
What he said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4gi View Post
Wing Walker 5/10 not as good as Snaiper.
I can work on it.
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-06, 18:50   #42
PolishKruk
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Walker View Post
They are still players that want to play the game. Newer players are more likely to not use a mic at first.
Remember, the holy text that is the PR manual everyone loves to quote was not necessarily read by that person yet so they may not even know the keybinds for mumble. Everyone deserves a chance to play. At least give them a chance to prove they are a fuckup instead of assuming they are one from the get go.

Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
PolishKruk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 04:29   #43
matty1053

Hey Wing Walker... how long have you played PR? Out of curiosity.

PR is meant for communicating. Wonder why admins kick mic less players constantly....

How to team sports work? You have to communicate with each other to win.

Playing PR without a mic is like being a soldier on the front lines without a gun. You'll lose.

Get a cheap mic. It's not hard. You can get a headset for $20.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DETROIT TIGERS
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 05:10   #44
CR8Z
Supporting Member

I've been playing PR for more than 8 years.

<------- Active on these forums since August, 2008.

I have played with GREAT players that did not have a mic. They were a HUGE asset to my squad. There are MANY reasons a player with great value may not have a mic. It is ABSURD to disregard a player that has no mic. You may as well kick every player that does not agree with you. Same logic.

The key word most of you mention is COMMUNICATION. If a squad member does not communicate, either via MIC or TEXT, then I will kick them. However, you may find that people DO have a mic, but they CANNOT speak because of various circumstances, such as roommates, wives, girlfriends, babies, etc.

Perhaps someone had their jaw reconstructed for some reason, and has trouble talking... That has no bearing on their ability to play a video game.

Whats more, you may work with somebody that does not have a mic and show them the value that a mic offers, as well as a decent headset. Then you can bring them into the fold.

In my opinion, an outright disregard for people for any reason is ridiculous and short-sighted, and you should all be ashamed.
CR8Z is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 14:50   #45
matty1053

Quote:
I've been playing PR for more than 8 years.

<------- Active on these forums since August, 2008.

I have played with GREAT players that did not have a mic. They were a HUGE asset to my squad. There are MANY reasons a player with great value may not have a mic. It is ABSURD to disregard a player that has no mic. You may as well kick every player that does not agree with you. Same logic.

The key word most of you mention is COMMUNICATION. If a squad member does not communicate, either via MIC or TEXT, then I will kick them. However, you may find that people DO have a mic, but they CANNOT speak because of various circumstances, such as roommates, wives, girlfriends, babies, etc.

Perhaps someone had their jaw reconstructed for some reason, and has trouble talking... That has no bearing on their ability to play a video game.

Whats more, you may work with somebody that does not have a mic and show them the value that a mic offers, as well as a decent headset. Then you can bring them into the fold.

In my opinion, an outright disregard for people for any reason is ridiculous and short-sighted, and you should all be ashamed.
Why should we be ashamed? If you don't have a mic you can't communicate effectively. PR IS meant for communication and teamwork. If you can't communicate effectively you will have zero teamwork. I'm sure that's why majority of us play PR... to have good solid teamwork. And not being mic less rats running around.

I can't stand having mic less players in my asset squads I run. Especially my tank squad. But I mainly run MUMBLE INF squads and I do not tolerate any mic less players unless the server population is under 80. I had a mic less medic before... he was running in circles to find the guy that needs a revive or heal. And what about having a mic less squad leader? They are very worthless. You'd have more teamwork with Hellen Keller as your squad leader.

Mumble was created for a reason. The devs even made it all automatic so you require zero effort to use it. All you gotta do is press some buttons to speak... as well as have a mic. If you can afford to have a PC and Internet... you for sure can afford to buy a mic. Or even get a Webcam with built in mic. Just sucks with echo at some points.

So you'd think it would be ok to have a team of mic less players... ok.

DETROIT TIGERS
Old 2015-08-07, 14:52   #46
matty1053

Forgot to add... and I don't have a issue with people having to not talk for reasons as you listed.

But apperently every mic less person has that excuse according to you.

DETROIT TIGERS
Old 2015-08-07, 15:58   #47
PolishKruk
Supporting Member

Quote:

This x1000. It's starting to become real clear why the NA community of PR can't fill four servers during primetime.

Assume that a player w/o a mic = a new player. So every SL is kicking this guy from his squad. Then he goes and makes his own squad so he doesn't get kicked by the server. Then people yell at him for not having a mic and having no idea WTF he is doing. Within fifteen minutes this guy's opinion has dropped to absolute shit because you are afraid that having a micless newb is going to keep you from making top squad. Are you for fucking real? It's a goddamn game!

NUMBER ONE RULE FOR SL SHOULD READ: 1. Your squad's enjoyment of the round is paramount to your own.

That's why we play SL, to have fun and make sure the guys running with us have even more. Everyone should have that chance. The more they see the more impetus they have to get a mic and join in.

Old 2015-08-07, 16:21   #48
SkyEmperor

Yes,you're right, it's a game. Ofc, all we want is having fun. But seriously, I mean, PR is a fcking epic game when people communicate, sometimes you feel like "Oh god this is WWIII" and you enjoy it, because you call contacts, because you do your best to help your squad and keep it alive.

Sure you can play without a mic,but will it be awesome as playing with mic? I don't think so
Can you call contacts? Can you report clearly, what you hear,what you see,can you make suggestions and all that stuff? No. This game was made for people who like teamwork,who don't want to run,kill,die,respawn, but have a synergy with their mates,servers have rules to keep it serious and playable,but you can make all rules you want,if people don't communicate effectively, then it's useless. Guess what's the best way to communicate,ORAL, it's fast and clear.

Yes micless people can be good players, enjoy the game etc... But personally I don't enjoy being with micless people,it just a teamwork version of Battlefield. It's not even funny, no one speak and you feel lonely. Mic is a must on this game.
SkyEmperor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 16:39   #49
Cossack
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishKruk View Post
This x1000. It's starting to become real clear why the NA community of PR can't fill four servers during primetime.

Assume that a player w/o a mic = a new player. So every SL is kicking this guy from his squad. Then he goes and makes his own squad so he doesn't get kicked by the server. Then people yell at him for not having a mic and having no idea WTF he is doing. Within fifteen minutes this guy's opinion has dropped to absolute shit because you are afraid that having a micless newb is going to keep you from making top squad. Are you for fucking real? It's a goddamn game!

NUMBER ONE RULE FOR SL SHOULD READ: 1. Your squad's enjoyment of the round is paramount to your own.

That's why we play SL, to have fun and make sure the guys running with us have even more. Everyone should have that chance. The more they see the more impetus they have to get a mic and join in.
Meh, PR is about dedication. By me, if guy has mic, he is willing. If not, come back when you have one. When he gets it, now that is effort and dedication.

Hate those casuals that don't care.

Cossack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-07, 16:55   #50
PolishKruk
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossack View Post
Hate those casuals that don't care.
I've seen plenty of players with mics play all casual and not give two shits about the game. Just saying...

Tags
newb, quitchyerbitchun, sls, veterans