project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
26 Oct 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2015-07-23, 03:08   #11
fatalsushi83

Default Re: PR vet thoughts on Squad

Does the movement speed in Squad bother anyone? Soldiers are still gliding around like they're on roller skates, even when moving over rugged terrain or up steep hills. That alone kind of kills the realism for me.

fatalsushi83 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-23, 03:09   #12
xleathery420x

I Dont think you have to worry about it being like Insurgency. It might be like a modern more fleshed out version of RO2, with out all the dumb stuff like leveling. Might be an all right game like that, but yeah It would take a lot of time and money to get to the scale PR is currently.
xleathery420x is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-23, 04:33   #13
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty1053 View Post
As long as Frankieonpcin1080p doesn't upload a video on squad... we will be fine.
Unfortunately i saw him in a playtest a few months ago. I've never been so happy the server kept crashing, i think he lost interest and left.

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-23, 04:42   #14
mat552

It'll be easier to be interested with more interesting factions and terrain. Taliban and US Army. Wow. Takistan/Afghanistan. That's really.. really boring. (Also hooray! Russians! Again!)

Let's see the PLA. Let's see Northern Europe. Let's see something, anything, that hasn't been beaten to death in dozens of games across a multitude of franchises. Squad's unique approach to teamwork will not set it aside in a poppy field of competitors in the same setting, if anything the higher barrier to entry will make it less likely to pick up steam.

Players might be hardcoded, but that sure doesn't seem to stop anybody from trying.

The only winning move is not to play. Insurgency, that is.
Last edited by mat552; 2015-07-23 at 04:47..
Old 2015-07-23, 05:29   #15
zloyrash
PR Server License Administrator

Hello!
not excited about Squad. Today it looks like funny arcadish shooter

Last edited by zloyrash; 2015-07-23 at 05:38..
Old 2015-07-23, 06:30   #16
BeerHunter
Supporting Member

I just bought into the Alpha release mainly to see how my computer handles it and to give it a try. As it's only in pre-Alpha currently , I wouldn't try to judge the final release based on what you see on screen now.They have a LONG way to go but they're getting there.

As far as the player base goes..well..I have a wait and see attitude. I've had some phenomenal team oriented PR games in the past , and others where I felt like I was playing BF2 SP. It's going to be server / server admin dependent.
BeerHunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-23, 06:58   #17
PolishKruk
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat552 View Post
It'll be easier to be interested with more interesting factions and terrain. Taliban and US Army. Wow. Takistan/Afghanistan. That's really.. really boring. (Also hooray! Russians! Again!)

Let's see the PLA. Let's see Northern Europe. Let's see something, anything, that hasn't been beaten to death in dozens of games across a multitude of franchises. Squad's unique approach to teamwork will not set it aside in a poppy field of competitors in the same setting, if anything the higher barrier to entry will make it less likely to pick up steam.
I agree with this. They could have done like Argentina vs Chile for a fresh vista that no one has been to. Or Canada vs US for the lols or Ukraine vs Russia to be edgy and maybe get themselves some free hype for being edgy. But at the end of the day this is still pre-alpha and people need to stop looking at it from a gameplay and mechanics perspective because those should all hopefully get more refined.
PolishKruk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-23, 08:19   #18
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Isn't this thread pretty much the same as in off-topic section?

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-23, 12:37   #19
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

It is. And if you want to be fair, compare Squad to PR minimod times, not 1.3.

Nate. is online now Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-23, 17:42   #20
Rezza
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Rezza

Squad will take time to get to the right sweet spot. Even that sweet spot is debated in this community and has no clear coordinate. If you think you need to be heard I think the Squad forums are a good place to do it. Keep in mind it just begun and is in it's closed pre alpha stage. Which is the earliest software stage that an open project can be in and have coverage. Not saying it's too early to give feedback just saying there is so much more time ahead to get things right too. So don't panic or jump to conclusions.

Best thing you can do is express yourself as much as you can and give constructive feedback. Provide some solutions and suggestions where you think the game would actually be better. Being invested in many other crowdfunded projects I have seen this to be the best way to communicate your ideas with the developers and actually help the product.

Rezza is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
prvets, squad, thoughts, vet