project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2017-08-03, 01:11   #51
Tenke420
Default Re: Why do people like Muttrah?

A lot of good comments.
Tenke420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-03, 04:39   #52
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

It strikes a good balance between linear and open gameplay while it is both asset and infantry friendly in an urban mixed environment.

Arab is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-03, 12:54   #53
[R-DEV]​Outlawz7
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saXoni View Post
So it hasn't been moved?
It was moved, it's behind the factory instead of the office building.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-05, 05:24   #54
Wing Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
But admins never run the infantry layers of maps, dunno why we even bother making them...
My biggest annoyance in PR is never seeing any of the alternate layers.

I think I've seen one INF layer once, but it was not Muttrah.

I'll have to try PRTA more when I see it populated.
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-05, 09:01   #55
Scubbo
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

LOL INF ONLY LAYERS >_> there are literally no other games which do it better than BF2... oh wait.
Scubbo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-14, 08:48   #56
Spook
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Death View Post
Or, OR, probably the least complicated suggestion - make it really overcast weather, darker, with ambient sounds of winds and the waves bashing on the city wall. You know, the type when you feel the cold spray from the sea on your uniform. Gritty, nasty, bad mood weather.
There are rarely storms in north Oman. They happen mostly south in Dhofar region. However around July there is fog season with very high humidity and dense mist being pushed towards the coast from the sea.

Spook is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-14, 09:12   #57
chupachup

Because it is perhaps the best map.

Linear but open, you know the general direction from where fire will come from but there is plenty of flanking and sneaking around; you can prepare for a fight but you cannot prepare for everything. Armor is very high risk, very high reward. You can decimate one or two squads within 5 minutes and you can lose your vehicle in the same amount of time. For an infantry player the armor is scary enough to go into hiding but there is enough cover to order your AT to find a way to deal with it. Playing trans there is always something to do, people want to go into the mountains, people want to flank from behind, people want to cap the less defended flag at the mosque, etc. It's also pretty damn well balanced.

It is a bit overplayed just like Karkand was in BF2 days but that doesn't make it a bad map.

I think all Muttrah needs is some cosmetic touch ups if it ever gets updated. Would be nice if it had actual sidewalks instead of painted-on sidewalks for example.
chupachup is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-18, 21:20   #58
Unit-RX400
Supporting Member

sorely HATE the map. Yeah, it's good - until you play it perhaps once a day tops..

Record I've had it over a day is a 5 times. Overdose!

Server jumping does not really help, since every active server seems to have it in the rotation and it would come up at some point. With HOG even very often. I've even cut back playing PR because I just can't stand the fucking map no more. It even did not take too long getting to hate it (made new account few months a go because I've forgotten the access credentials to my old one)

At the moment for example: 2 of the 3 servers with a) people in it b) good ping (for me) - are running Muttrah. What's wrong with running Insurgency for a change? Only SSG server seems to run it now and then.
Unit-RX400 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
muttrah, people