project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
18 Oct 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2015-07-23, 18:10   #21
PricelineNegotiator
Banned
Default Re: PR vet thoughts on Squad

Holy cow, so many assumptions and judgements in this thread. You guys all need to cool your jets. As a tester, and player of Squad you guys will be more than happy with the finished product (I already love playing it). The devs are aware of current issues, and so many things are just placeholders. The game is not even in alpha yet!

If you have the alpha access - play it. If it isn't what you want - wait! Come back to it in a year and see how it has progressed. These things, they take time!
PricelineNegotiator is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-23, 19:06   #22
KillJoy[Fr]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricelineNegotiator View Post
Holy cow, so many assumptions and judgements in this thread. You guys all need to cool your jets. As a tester, and player of Squad you guys will be more than happy with the finished product (I already love playing it). The devs are aware of current issues, and so many things are just placeholders. The game is not even in alpha yet!

If you have the alpha access - play it. If it isn't what you want - wait! Come back to it in a year and see how it has progressed. These things, they take time!
Let's be honest, BF2 is 10 years old and Project reality almost the same age. The game is "ugly" and old, but people keep playing it just because of the gameplay.

Squad will be only succesful if the devs could export the gameplay of BF2 Project reality, the superficial aspects (graphics, new engine, ..) doesn't matter, the failure of ArmA 2 Project reality is a good example.

Au dela du possible ...
KillJoy[Fr] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-23, 22:45   #23
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Priceline, I have seen an equal number of people saying the exact opposite as well. "who cares if pr gets another update just wait for squad". "pr is dead" and so on

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-23, 23:34   #24
PolishKruk
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezza View Post
Squad will take time to get to the right sweet spot. Even that sweet spot is debated in this community and has no clear coordinate. If you think you need to be heard I think the Squad forums are a good place to do it. Keep in mind it just begun and is in it's closed pre alpha stage. Which is the earliest software stage that an open project can be in and have coverage. Not saying it's too early to give feedback just saying there is so much more time ahead to get things right too. So don't panic or jump to conclusions.

Best thing you can do is express yourself as much as you can and give constructive feedback. Provide some solutions and suggestions where you think the game would actually be better. Being invested in many other crowdfunded projects I have seen this to be the best way to communicate your ideas with the developers and actually help the product.
I understand and agree. I've seen good bits of gameplay and read most of what the devs have posted and am more than happy to wait. I do understand the develop process. I've also been on the Squad forums and have run into some resistance when mentioning that people that aren't in the alpha yet still are interested should check out PR to see if the style is something they enjoy.
PolishKruk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-02, 01:05   #25
matty1053

I'm sure a lot of people will take good game play and ok graphics over bad game play and great graphics.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DETROIT TIGERS
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-02, 02:35   #26
PolishKruk
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty1053 View Post
I'm sure a lot of people will take good game play and ok graphics over bad game play and great graphics.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I don't know man. Look at all of those fools still playing call of duty and bf4.

Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
PolishKruk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-02, 22:05   #27
PeppeJ

I'm only really worried about Squad, worried that it will fail. I HOPE and HOPE they will not dumb-down the game just to get a wider audience, this is the absolute worst that could possibly happen. IF on the otherhand they nail it, and make it PR but better, I'll happily leave this game for it. But until then, I'm not going anywhere.

PeppeJ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-03, 05:30   #28
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to DesmoLocke

The current FOB mechanics with the 10 second respawn make for some interesting engagements lol!

PR player since 0.5 (Feb 2007)
DesmoLocke is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
prvets, squad, thoughts, vet