project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
17 Oct 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2015-04-22, 23:25   #11
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member
Default Re: Killing Floor 2(PC Early Access)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Ye, I do like the challenge, and once you've levelled up a bit as Commando you can start to do some damage to them too.

One thing I think is far too weak (overall) right now is the Siren, doesn't do much damage, has a pretty small radius making it pretty pathetic when mixed in with its low HP. KF1 one was much more deadly.

And ye, unless a team mate is getting decimated by one I as a commando tend to focus on the other Zeds otherwise what happens is they grab you and then the FP finishes you off while you can't move

Not if he has Night Vision thou, which can be pretty useful but while working with a good team it is better to have the "Call out" ability.
Siren is supposed to disable player(stops them from moving or something similar) but that mechanic is currently not in the game.

Like I mentioned, PROPER lv.5 skill.
NightVision is the most retarded ability.
If they made it infrared, it would have been somewhat useful.

Currently, NV is just there to somewhat make up for Commando guns that have flashlight attachment but are NOT working(all of them except L85A2), when those are fixed...it will be useless.
There are two reasons:
1. It's the most selfish perk, only you can see stuff clearly in the dark; unlike flashlight which also lights up the room for teammates(who may have weapons that lack flashlight).
2. It's pointless since most useful weapons you have will have flashlights(L85A2 is completely skippable).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight_o9 View Post
I'm mostly playing commando, chose the nightvision because of coolness. I take down cloakers. My job.

NV isn't cool.

Thermals would be cool.

Also, just because shooting Stalkers is your job that does not mean you should not make it easier for others to do that...
It's not like you can't stack a few grenades to kill FP(even though that's not your job).
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-22, 23:50   #12
Midnight_o9
Supporting Member

Default Re: Killing Floor 2 (PC - Early Access)

I think I play the game the way I want and I never said I didn't drop nades.

Night Vision is cool to me, so I get the night vision, that's all.

Most of the perks of the commando are selfish anyway, more damage, reload faster, bigger magazines... I mean, pretty much all of the perks, all classes, are selfish, except for, oh surprise, MEDIC!
Last edited by Midnight_o9; 2015-04-23 at 00:08..
Old 2015-04-23, 00:34   #13
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

One very big advantage NV has over flashlights is it lights up your entire screen and not just the area your pointing at which also seriously diminishes at close range as well.

I agree its a selfish ability, but I wouldn't call it totally useless and main reason for picking it over the other one is if you are selfish, you don't want other players to see them since you want that extra XP from shooting them your class gets

Managed to win 3 games now, last two I even landed the killing blow on the boss, its really just a matter of getting ranked up to be able to deal enough damage. When you first start off your weapons are so pathetic that they hardly do anything...

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-23, 01:06   #14
torenico

Send a message via MSN to torenico

Glad to hear positive things about this game, KF was a blast.
torenico is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-23, 05:08   #15
Raphavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by torenico View Post
Glad to hear positive things about this game, KF was a blast.
If Midnight went from GTA V to this and still is happy I guess it is like a 99 out of 100 Metascore
Raphavenger is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-23, 06:52   #16
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight_o9 View Post
I think I play the game the way I want and I never said I didn't drop nades.

Night Vision is cool to me, so I get the night vision, that's all.

Most of the perks of the commando are selfish anyway, more damage, reload faster, bigger magazines... I mean, pretty much all of the perks, all classes, are selfish, except for, oh surprise, MEDIC!
You had ONE team-supporting perk and you picked the shitty NV goggles over it.

I hope you are never on my squad.

Also, Support...free ammo every round adds up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
One very big advantage NV has over flashlights is it lights up your entire screen and not just the area your pointing at which also seriously diminishes at close range as well.

I agree its a selfish ability, but I wouldn't call it totally useless and main reason for picking it over the other one is if you are selfish, you don't want other players to see them since you want that extra XP from shooting them your class gets

Managed to win 3 games now, last two I even landed the killing blow on the boss, its really just a matter of getting ranked up to be able to deal enough damage. When you first start off your weapons are so pathetic that they hardly do anything...
But so far there isn't entirely dark room(unless you purposefully try to holdout in subway, with grenades, in Burning Ubisoft) in current maps anyway.

It's usually just that little bit of dark area that can easily be fully illuminated by flashlight.
And also, teammates can use flashlights too; which means NV often(yes some people actually asked me to flash something) just makes screen green...nothing more.

NV isn't totally useless, it's practically useless; it's redundant and at best situational even when it's useful.
Last edited by ComradeHX; 2015-04-23 at 06:58..
Old 2015-04-23, 07:24   #17
jerkzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeHX View Post

I hope you are never on my squad.

Holy shit man, it's just a game...

This signature is here due to lack of imagination.
jerkzilla is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-23, 08:13   #18
whatshisname55

Medic can be okay for lighting since it's guns (except the pistol) have flashlights, though it depends on how you play. I tend to be looking around a lot watching everyone's health and killing zeds behind them so my flashlight wouldn't be very useful for anyone but me.

I've been having so much fun with this game, I was trying out hard mode earlier today and on one of the rounds everyone but me died on wave 6/7, managed to kill the rest of the zeds including 2 fleshpounds. We died to Hans of course, but I still felt pretty good about it.
whatshisname55 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-23, 08:31   #19
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerkzilla View Post
Holy shit man, it's just a game...
PR is just a game...

What's your point?
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-23, 08:49   #20
jerkzilla

Maybe chill out?

This signature is here due to lack of imagination.
jerkzilla is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2pc, access, early, floor, killing