project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:ARMA3 Support > PR:ARMA2 Support Forum Archive
21 Oct 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:ARMA2 Support Forum Archive Archived posts from PR:ARMA2 Support Forum

Old 2011-09-04, 15:27   #1
COBRA(SU)

Lightbulb Plz add Arma 2: Reinforcements support

It has the same resources, but different exe and no single player campain. Renaming arma2rft.exe into arma2oa.exe doesn't work (variables error on awwwwwwwwesome tank picture)
thx

Old 2011-09-04, 16:27   #2
Zipper5

Default Re: Plz add Arma 2: Reinforcements support

PR requires ARMA 2: Combined Operations, which means both ARMA 2 and ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead. ARMA 2: Reinforcements only includes ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead's content, and the two DLCs. You do not have any of the ARMA 2 content that you also need in order to run PR.
Old 2011-09-04, 21:33   #3
COBRA(SU)

Yes, i have arma2 + arma rft and can play any CO server.
Just praa.exe uses arma2oa.exe to start game, however in my arma2 dir only arma2.exe and arma2rft.exe

Old 2011-09-04, 23:16   #4
DoubleH

i Have the same reinforcement pack is including Arma2 Oa lite and have the different exe but the same patch 1.59 thank you bohemia ^^

i have succes to lunch pr mod you go to arma2 folder rename arma2rft.exe to arma2Oa.exe and instal pr mod after lunch you new arma2Oa.exe and not the PRAA.exe doesn't work for us after in game you have option to add a mod click on @pr restart the game and it s working but i have a other problemme .

after you restart with the mod pr you can see not menu of game only black screen but if you push in this order first ( TAB) and after( SPACE )you can acces to multiplayer menu and if you are lucky you can play if you dont have the unauthorized serveur prob amazing but i have play 2 hour ingame with all this process

sorry for my bad english
Last edited by DoubleH; 2011-09-04 at 23:21.. Reason: error syntax
Old 2011-09-06, 00:17   #5
anutsl

I also have ArmA 2: Reinforcements as well as the original ArmA 2 and cannot play Project Reality, which is annoying after having spent over 40 hours downloading it on my dial up connection. It is odd that Project Reality is not compatible with Reinforcements as well as Arrowhead, as every other mod that requires Arrowhead lets you use Reinforcements instead
Old 2011-09-06, 01:51   #6
COBRA(SU)

Quote:
if you are lucky you can play if you dont have the unauthorized serveur prob
not lucky(( but new way to play PRAA for CO from arma2 + rft
arma2rft.exe rename to arma2oa.exe
move praa_ui.pbo and praa_ui.pbo.praa1007.bisign from @pr\addons to @pr\ and start praa.exe
it has no pr menu but playable. in server list clik "filter" write @pr

Old 2011-09-06, 10:56   #7
anutsl

Is it possible that support for Reinforcements might be added to Project Reality? (without having to edit the mod or my ArmA files)
Old 2011-09-06, 11:45   #8
DoubleH

move praa_ui.pbo and praa_ui.pbo.praa1007.bisign from @pr\addons to @pr\ and start praa.exe
it has no pr menu but playable. in server list clik "filter" write @pr

i m going to test this now whre you found this issue ?
Old 2011-09-06, 12:03   #9
anutsl

I tried moving the two files out of the addons folder and when i started the game it wouldn't load the mod at all
Old 2011-09-06, 12:26   #10
DoubleH

i do no now i m on reinstal the game proper and try to move this 2 files and click praa.exe ( not forget to open your firewall for praa.exe and your new arma2Oa.exe good luck i m with u

ok i m ingame its work perfect , Anutsl for load the mod you need to go in your menu in normal arma2rft.exe and you can go on mod option and click to @pr and the game send you need to restart the game and its ok
Last edited by DoubleH; 2011-09-06 at 12:52..

Tags
add, arma, arma2, plz, reinforcements, rft, support