project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
18 Oct 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2010-07-29, 21:18   #1
Carbonade
Send a message via MSN to Carbonade
Default wrong flag in scope reflection *minor*

I noticed that the reflection in the scopes show the wrong flag of what it is supposed to be on Lashkar Valley at the british mainbase. This bug is very minor, but I just thought it might be a good idea to tell you.

Here's a screen showing the bug:

Carbonade is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 23:25   #2
Howitzer

Default Re: wrong flag in scope reflection *minor*

With a elcan you woulnd be seeing anything though the lens with this angle. It should be plain black so i think its an easy fix for the Dev !
Howitzer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 23:32   #3
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

hi howitzer, reflections are done via envmaps, you place an envmap object in the editor then it produces textures that are overlayed on to reflective objects like scopes

the scope decides which envmap to use by which envmap position is nearest, so if there isn't an envmap at main then it'll just show the nearest one.

though I'm not entirely sure why the flag is showing int hat envmap, though to change the flag to a different nation isn't hard.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 02:43   #4
Howitzer

I mean , in real life , with a magnified scope , with this angle , the refraction and the distance between the lens inside stops the light from getting to your eye.

Old 2010-07-31, 04:56   #5
PepsiMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howitzer View Post
I mean , in real life , with a magnified scope , with this angle , the refraction and the distance between the lens inside stops the light from getting to your eye.
That picture is what's reflected off the scope (behind you) as opposed to what's in front of you.

PepsiMachine is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 09:55   #6
RaSgO

Why do you see the flag from the UK from a downwards position, whereas the American flag is leveled with the scope...
RaSgO is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 13:38   #7
killonsight95
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSgO View Post
Why do you see the flag from the UK from a downwards position, whereas the American flag is leveled with the scope...
refer to Rudd's post
killonsight95 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 00:19   #8
Howitzer

Guys c'mon... why do we see a flag AT ALL ??

If the reflection was right , it would be the ground , not whats in front off the weapon !!??! A scope isn't a screen with a camera infront. It is array of lens witch light passes THOUGH
Old 2010-08-02, 00:49   #9
Hotrod525

Send a message via MSN to Hotrod525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howitzer View Post
Guys c'mon... why do we see a flag AT ALL ??

If the reflection was right , it would be the ground , not whats in front off the weapon !!??! A scope isn't a screen with a camera infront. It is array of lens witch light passes THOUGH
Actualy i think all scope should be translucide* like the M68 Aimpoint. *= By translucide ( wich might be a french term when i think about it ) i mean that you perfectly see trought the sight, yeah Howi i know that we dont perfectly see trought the C79A1, but still we can see trought a little portion. And there not only the C79, Acog is also in the same situation That + the 3D scope...

Hotrod525 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
flag, lashkar valley, minor, reflection, scope, wrong