project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
26 Oct 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2009-06-14, 15:33   #1
spawncaptain

Default Different radio chatter at RPs

Yes, I did search both the AAS thread and the suggestions forum.

We already have radio chatter sounds coming from RPs and firebases. Is it possible to customize at least the RPs (which are different for each faction) so that for example the MEC RP has arabian radio chatter connected to it?
This should not be hard to modify and there should be enough radio files on the internet.

Pros:
Easier to identify friendly/enemy RP or FOB
Greater immersion and realism
Should not be hard to add

Con:
I've yet to find one.
spawncaptain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 15:56   #2
goguapsy

Default Re: Different radio chatter at RPs

uh, what do u mean?
u mean the thing when u make a rally point theres like the alien sound? thats what ur talking about?
then i agree with u, they should be different. maybe the insurgent music for the MEC XD

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 16:42   #3
spawncaptain

Quote:
Originally Posted by goguapsy View Post
uh, what do u mean?
u mean the thing when u make a rally point theres like the alien sound? thats what ur talking about?
It's not ET speaking, it's US radio chatter at the moment.
Old 2009-06-14, 17:11   #4
Cheditor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawncaptain View Post
Pros:
Easier to identify friendly/enemy RP or FOB
If you cant check ur map to find a green dot then you are doing something extremley wrong. But yeah i agree would be a nice small priority atmosphere to add.

Cheditor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 10:38   #5
StuTika

Would there even be a radio at an RP? As I understand it, an RP is just a place where a squad dumps all their excess equipment before going into battle, and indeed the object in PR is just a pile of rucksacks, so I wouldn't have thought they would have a radio there...
StuTika is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 13:30   #6
Raufbold

I like the idea and because there IS a radio sound, i assume there must be a RADIO in one of these bags ;D
Raufbold is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 14:38   #7
spawncaptain

Bump. Is it possible DEVs? Will you look into this? Just curious. Should be possible, as no one closed this thread because of hardcodedness or AAS.

User Ubaydah: "I used to play Call of Duty a lot and Battlefield 3. I am really good at those games 10th prestige, High K/d., I can kill people easily, etc. But on PR, for me, to be honest, I kind of suck."

User Not_able_to_kill: "Frontliner, you like evil man who comes to family house during christmas, takes out tree because it's too happy, so they can be just as sad as you"
Old 2009-06-21, 14:44   #8
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheditor View Post
If you cant check ur map to find a green dot then you are doing something extremley wrong. But yeah i agree would be a nice small priority atmosphere to add.
you hear sound, you look on map, no RP on map? its enemy?

misallocation of effort to get differnet radio sounds to each really imo, you wouldn't even stand aroudn to hear the noise you'd knife it and thats it.

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 15:48   #9
addaco
Send a message via MSN to addaco

but rudd, think of the realism!

lol, truthfully, it would be a nice change, though if it was not chanegd I would not be disapointed. Spose if any of the PR sound devs have some free time, then they should do this. I expect htis is not high prio.
addaco is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 16:03   #10
Harrod200

It'd be nice if they were to do a quick mashup of various in-game voices and sound effects for each side, to give the impression that there's a fight going on elsewhere. I.e. you drop a chinese RP and you get random (quiet, staticy) radio messages emanating from it like 'reloading', 'go go go' etc, with the occasional burst of gunfire...

404: Signature not found
Harrod200 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
chatter, firebase, radio, rally point, rps