project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
04 Dec 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Closed Thread

Old 2014-04-10, 22:40   #541
tankninja1

Default Re: Major Performance Issues

Overall 1.1.6 has increased lag for me. It used to be that some maps would cause my FPS to lock at 15-20 now its most maps that do that.

Old 2014-06-09, 00:27   #542
iwingi

simply after all this time
Old 2014-06-09, 09:19   #543
StandardSmurf

A few patches ago everything ran smooth. I could play maps that used to rubberband a lot like Fallujah or Gaza just fine for the most part. I was thrilled. Then the latest patches came out and I'm getting rubberbanding all the time on a lot of maps. It's not my ping which is normally quite low, and I know that it's not my PC. So I hope whatever is causing it gets fixed, thank you devs for all your work on this great mod. I love playing PR, I just wish I didn't get all laggy once I encounter the enemy. That's when the rubberbanding and choppy stuff starts, right when you need the game to run smooth. I hope the issue can be resolved !

Old 2014-06-09, 11:40   #544
Psyrus
Retired PR Developer

What are your average/min FPS on fallujah?
Old 2014-06-13, 04:34   #545
Flowright

Hi, I think my issue is best posted here,

I have not been playing since v0.96 - so it has been a while. I run my game on i5-650 with 12GB DDR3 with ASUS GTX570 Cu2. In v0.96; I had no frame issues except with frame dropping to the lowest of 56 in Fallujah West. My graphic settings back then was the default Medium with AA 2x.

With the current latest PR version, my FPS has been performing very poorly. I get rubber band in some maps, most notably in Dovre, Sbeneth outskirt (with fram drop all the way to 22. The max fram is 35 which is frustrating when I do TRANS, in which I quit and not play the round). The smoothest map, Muttrah City gives me 60 FPS reading which never happened in v0.96. I thought that my internet connection was to blame so I tried creating local server, but no - rubber banding and low FPS still on Sbeneth.

Ping for the US servers has been extremely high for me, sometimes going up to 514 (in Candy server). Sometimes, my play screen freezes just as though the server is about to crash - but then comes back to motion after 10 sec. EU server gives me a high (343 ping) but consistent connection.

I read the change log, I do not remembering spotting changes in the graphic engine - only supposing that CryEngine 3 is for PR 2.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalsushi83 View Post
Did anyone notice lower framerates since the last update? When the patch with the new Syrian map came out, a lot of the maps ran very smooth on my machine, sometimes much smoother than in previous versions. But ever since the patch with the snow map came out, framerates seem to have dropped considerably on many maps including Fallujah and Ramiel. Anyone notice this? Could it be the tweaks to the effects that are causing it?
I checked earlier posts, so seem that some players also had massive frame drop.
Old 2014-06-13, 08:14   #546
Prevtzer
Banned

A lot of people have had the same issues as you, there's no fix so we either massively upgraded our PCs or quit PR.
Old 2014-06-13, 13:33   #547
Flowright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prevtzer View Post
A lot of people have had the same issues as you, there's no fix so we either massively upgraded our PCs or quit PR.
I am pretty upgraded already. Furthermore, I am loading the game from a Samsung SSD 830 series and somewhat I want to add as a comment also; the loading speed got slower???

While I am tempted to quit PR as my brother has stopped playing already, it hurts the amount of time spend flying helos.

Hope this gets eyed by a moderator
Old 2014-06-13, 14:36   #548
Prevtzer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowright View Post
I am pretty upgraded already. Furthermore, I am loading the game from a Samsung SSD 830 series and somewhat I want to add as a comment also; the loading speed got slower???

While I am tempted to quit PR as my brother has stopped playing already, it hurts the amount of time spend flying helos.

Hope this gets eyed by a moderator
I suggest you post your complete specs under BF2:PR Technical support forum, if anything can be done you'll find an answer there.
Old 2014-06-15, 22:45   #549
ElectroNuke

Talking Re: Major Performance Issues

I had a serious problem with the performances of the game cause my small ram and cpu (respectively 2 GB and 1.80 Ghz dualcore Intel Processor) but finally after a year of quarrels with the video settings, I found the right combination to use in the video settings. This combination maintains high performances with no lags and maintains realistic the whole game.

If someone wants to try this to fix the problem...what can I say? TRY THIS

VIDEO

Display mode: 1024x768@60Hz (the screen resolution doesn't influence your performance,I set this because otherwise i would see the interface smashed)

Anti-Aliasing: 2x

Fullscreen: Yes

VSync: No

View Distance Scale: 70%

GRAPHICS

Terrain Quality: Low

Effects Quality: High

Geometry Quality: Low

Texture Quality: Medium

Lightning Quality: High

Dynamic Shadows: Low (If you retain that the shadows may disturb the performances so you have to turn them off)

Dynamic Light: Off

Texture Filtering: Low

I ALSO CLOSED ALL THE USELESS ACTIVE PROCESSES USING THE TASK MANAGER AND I SET TO HIGH THE PRIORITY OF "PRBF2" THIS IS IMPORTANT.

Finally I set to Low (except for the mipmap details that i set to high) all the setting of my Graphic Card that is an ATI Mobility Radeon X1450. Thank you!
Last edited by ElectroNuke; 2014-06-15 at 22:54..
Old 2014-06-16, 07:12   #550
Flowright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prevtzer View Post
I suggest you post your complete specs under BF2:PR Technical support forum, if anything can be done you'll find an answer there.
Hmm under PR:BF2 Support Forum?

For my complete specs, do I use DXDiag or it there a recommended software that provides better insight into my system (more complete)?
Closed Thread

Tags
end, high, issues, lowgfxoptionplz, major, performance, piss, poor, rig, unplayable