project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Jan 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2019-12-23, 10:22   #1
GwGv2

Post Help with doing cinematics (?)

Hi!

So, I pretty much like to be creative in everything I play/do, and with creating and editing videos as my hobby, things become much funnier for me...
Not different with PR, I've been creating some projects, from best/funny moments, through frag movies and finally some cinematics. I found some trouble doing cinematics cuz PR doesnt gives you all the "tools" necessary to do a good and gorgeous cinematic, but I've improvised a lot and could get some good shots.

My question here is:

-How to get this type of camera:

https://youtu.be/zKlF_iPmzF4?t=69

-How to completely hide nametags, from friendly and enemies?

many thanks in advance to those who can answer me this <3...

(here is a little trailer I did at first, for my Division: https://youtu.be/txhT0Y0Keto)
GwGv2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-23, 11:07   #2
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Help with doing cinematics (?)

From your trailer it looks like you're already using prbot, so that by itself should remove most name tags unless you're looking right at them.
To completely remove name tags you need to add the line "renderer.drawnametags 0" in notepad/whatever to your gamelogicinit.con file in your PR folder. Once you've done this you won't be able to play online but you can still do local games.

The shot in that trailer came from modifying the tank to have an extra seat with no hud positioned at the end of the barrel and then just filming from there.

camo is online now Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-23, 13:14   #3
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR Server License Administrator

There's also "rcon camera" in addition to prbot that spawns a kit with a couple of tools.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-23, 13:38   #4
GwGv2

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo View Post
From your trailer it looks like you're already using prbot, so that by itself should remove most name tags unless you're looking right at them.
To completely remove name tags you need to add the line "renderer.drawnametags 0" in notepad/whatever to your gamelogicinit.con file in your PR folder. Once you've done this you won't be able to play online but you can still do local games.

The shot in that trailer came from modifying the tank to have an extra seat with no hud positioned at the end of the barrel and then just filming from there.

Ty for the answer...is there anyway to get the files/settings of the modified tank? Or maybe a little instruction on which file and which lines to tweak? so I could do it myself.

And ye I know about the cameraman kit xD I didnt found it useful at all, but I must use it to do some "in middle of the action" shots haha
Old 2019-12-23, 19:55   #5
[R-CON]​Fastjack
PR:BF2 Contributor

If you would modify the files you wouldn't be able to play online or you working with a crew to make your clips?

There exist ways, depends how you create your movies.

Sidenote … your movie is really nice done, bro.
Fastjack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-24, 02:42   #6
GwGv2

Haha ty <3

ye ikr...I already have backup files from the game, and I imagine that if i give my "actors" the same files, they can join the server...am i right? I would love to explore that side of the game, but yet I dont have the programming skills to go by my own on that journey xD I just need the sign calling the way I should go so I can learn it :>
Old 2019-12-24, 12:43   #7
[R-DEV]​camo
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwGv2 View Post
Ty for the answer...is there anyway to get the files/settings of the modified tank? Or maybe a little instruction on which file and which lines to tweak? so I could do it myself.
I probably have an example file somewhere, if i can find it i'll send it in a few days. You'd also need bf2 editor.
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14468

camo is online now Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-24, 14:01   #8
GwGv2

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo View Post
I probably have an example file somewhere, if i can find it i'll send it in a few days. You'd also need bf2 editor.
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14468
Thank you very much sz

Tags
cinematics