project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
28 May 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2016-04-24, 16:16   #61
Colonelbruno
Supporting Member
Default Re: Overhaul on the Spawn System

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
What's the issue bruno?
You seem to have found the source, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mats391 View Post
Yea, it will be similar to what we introduced in WW2 0.2.3.0.
Nice! Wasn't even expecting this.
Although I played the Beta quite intensivley, I probably was too busy having fun, to notice what changed
Care to elaborate on what exactly will change?

Colonelbruno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-25, 00:32   #62
Gerfand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
its more important to destroy enemy supplies .
"Russian Problem Detected"
Gerfand is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-03, 15:54   #63
Heavy Death

All of my years playing PR it felt to me that the spawntimes are too short. With addition of 100p, they should elongate the spawntimes for 35% because there is simply more people in place to substitute your death. Same issue was with assets. Increasing asset numbers to match 100p was horrible, but thankfully got fixed.

100+ sec respawn or 3 minute spawn intervals would work nice I reckon. The best experience I've had was in one-life events. The game is not designed for it so it is highly impractical but the longer the round lasted, more you wanted to stayalive just to be a part of the story till the end. I still play PR trying not to die the whole round.

Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-03, 17:54   #64
Wing Walker

I used to fear the spawn timer when it first increased, somewhere back in the .8's i think, but now I'm used to longer times and it only minorly annoys me.

The thing that really annoyed me, and I hated, was the long dramatic bloody screen bleed out they implemented in 1.0, but have since got rid of. It is what really made medics super important.

I think that needs to come back in some form.

Just so there is something about being shot that makes you really really want to not die as much as possible.

A bloody screen, with coughs and chokes for a long time before it lets you give up and respawn.
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-03, 18:09   #65
Madar_al_Fakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Death View Post
All of my years playing PR it felt to me that the spawntimes are too short. With addition of 100p, they should elongate the spawntimes for 35% because there is simply more people in place to substitute your death. Same issue was with assets. Increasing asset numbers to match 100p was horrible, but thankfully got fixed.

100+ sec respawn or 3 minute spawn intervals would work nice I reckon. The best experience I've had was in one-life events. The game is not designed for it so it is highly impractical but the longer the round lasted, more you wanted to stayalive just to be a part of the story till the end. I still play PR trying not to die the whole round.
Hmm perhaps if the day lasted for 30 hours instead of just 24 that might be tolerable, I can't wait 3 minutes to respawn, nope. We die more then just once and we mostly have other things to do then to play 3 hour long matches filled with 30% of nothingness :P
Madar_al_Fakar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-03, 19:17   #66
Heavy Death

Maybe you are playing the wrong game. PR matches were 2-4 hozrs long vack in the day. Now its 1 hour clusterfuck without any progression or story.

Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-03, 20:16   #67
Madar_al_Fakar

Quote:
Maybe you are playing the wrong game. PR matches were 2-4 hozrs long vack in the day. Now its 1 hour clusterfuck without any progression or story.
Lol (I could say the same back to you since you're the one who's not satisfied but it'd be a dick way of communication) yes maybe I am playing the wrong game for one year, I'm pretty sure I'd have noticed it to be a wrong game (for me) by now. You gonna run me out of town cause I disagreed with you?
Madar_al_Fakar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-03, 21:05   #68
DzCrow

Quote:

thx but no . waiting 3 min to spawn just to get killed again by a grenade or apc or sniper then wait another 3 min is just crazy . we are talking here about a Fps tactic realistic game . remebr a game not real life so keep that in minde
DzCrow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-03, 22:27   #69
matty1053

Quote:
I remember those long rounds. They were very enjoyable and somewhat organized. Now even with 1000+ tickets, the rounds end in less than an hour. All it takes is for one team to screw up.

With 100 players I do agree that spawn times should be a tad longer. But servers can modify the spawn times them selves... am I wrong?

DETROIT TIGERS
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-03, 22:46   #70
Rabbit

Bring back laser rifles.

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
overhaul, spawn, system