project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
24 May 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2014-02-15, 06:59   #1
hvymtal
Default RPG-7V2 optic woes and tutorial

I had the mixed pleasure/pain of using the RPG-7V2 with the PG-7VR Tandem warhead (fix the name of the warheads, i think it was PG-7VM in game) warhead today on co-op Opfor Pavlovsk (Vet gaming), and I have got to say it was a bitch to use. I managed to take out two humvees, an AAV, and an Abrams. It is an excellent kit, but for god sakes something NEEDS to be done about the zeroing on the PGO-7!

I know that it is center-zeroed on the VM 300/VL 150 mark, which is workable by me, but it really needs to be fixed so that it is bore sighted to the cross. Sure, the VR warhead has ridiculous drop IG and IRL, but it should be at least useful to use the cross since all warheads can hit that at 50m.

BTW, here's how an RPG-7's PGO-7 3x optic IRL works since it can be so confusing. The pic is taken from A2 ACE2, but there is no difference between the PGO-7 in ACE and the PGO-7 IRL. I have no idea how the lead markers work, m/s maybe??

Actual zeroing, again, is the VM 300m and VL 150M

Warheads:
PG-7VM: Updated version of PG-7V standard 85mm HEAT. Works more like HEDP functionally
PG-7VL: Better but heavier 93mm HEAT warhead, a proper anti-tank rocket with more penetration
PG-7VR: Tandem-warhead 105mm HEAT rocket designed especially to kill MBTs. Short range and very heavy

Hope this clears up some confusion people have about it, i know i nearly killed myself firing it the first time since the zeroing is off (FIX IT!!!). I might do some stuff with the other launcher optics if people want
Last edited by hvymtal; 2014-02-15 at 07:09..
Old 2014-02-17, 06:21   #2
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

Default Re: RPG-7V2 optic woes and tutorial

yes, all AT weapons need to be properly zeroed, especially true for the ones with ranging optics such as this one.

Information in the hands of a critical thinker is invaluable, information alone is simply dangerous.
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 20:19   #3
Tarranauha200

I just pick the unscoped version and get close. The sight is so bad I rather not use it.
Tarranauha200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-22, 11:07   #4
TopeH

I see nothing wrong with the scope once you get used to it, but I tend to get close to the enemy armor when i'm using AT kits so I always take the unscoped kit.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic23545_3.gif
Armoured Brigade: Traditions - Teamwork - Strike force
TopeH is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 04:06   #5
=MeRk= Morbo5131

As far as I can tell, the sight works pretty much as in the OP, what's the problem exactly?
=MeRk= Morbo5131 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-25, 00:35   #6
Mongolian_dude
Retired Moderator

I can think of no LAT weapon in PR that does not have functioning sights or optics, as depicted IRL.

...mongol...

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 23:38   #7
Roque_THE_GAMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Mongolian_dude View Post
I can think of no LAT weapon in PR that does not have functioning sights or optics, as depicted IRL.

...mongol...
some sights does have a working scale, will be quite useful some time since you cant get a distance like the squad leader binoculars.
Roque_THE_GAMER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 16:56   #8
mockingbird0901
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roque_THE_GAMER View Post
some sights does have a working scale, will be quite useful some time since you cant get a distance like the squad leader binoculars.
And that is when you use the power of teamwork and ask SL for the range

It's that or guesstimating it.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
-Albert Einstein
Volens et potens
Tema567 just might be my new hero
mockingbird0901 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 17:45   #9
Portable.Cougar

I don't mind the scope. My issue is that the Tandem and LAT use opposite side of the scope. The Tandem using the bottom half and the LAT using the top half.

I'm sure there is some realism there, but perhaps some similarity would allow the learning curve to be lowered.

Portable.Cougar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 17:56   #10
Roque_THE_GAMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockingbird0901 View Post
And that is when you use the power of teamwork and ask SL for the range

It's that or guesstimating it.
considering most of the time the squad leader don't give a shit or just prefer to still whit hes hands on the Rifle or if you are insurgency you don't have such technology.
Roque_THE_GAMER is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
optic, rpg7v2, tutorial, woes