project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
31 May 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-27, 10:38   #521
Not_able_to_kill

Send a message via MSN to Not_able_to_kill
Default Re: Project Reality 2 Game Announced!

This seems really interesting.

But I do kinda hope you keep the game mechanics like in BF2 PR, simple but not too simple.

[R-DEV]Hitperson: my body is a temple with the fountains flowing fresh with cider and the holy water being scotch.

[R-CON]Rudd: remember, your penis size is proportional
to your post count
Old 2013-12-27, 12:01   #522
Unarmed Civilian

Thanks for the reply. You guys should definitively implement some sort of hardware support in the aspect of controling oneself's vision. IMO BF2:PR only lacks leaning and free looking around(like ArmA2:PR) as an infantryman. Oculus may be a leap, but TrackIR would be more than enough.
Old 2013-12-31, 06:55   #523
Mr. Brightside

I believe we still have plans on doing "free look" much like arma, at the same time there will be a fully body first person rig much like battlefield 3/4 (Torso, arms and legs are modeled for FP)

Old 2013-12-31, 11:32   #524
carmikaze
Supporting Member

I hope there will be a big (!) focus on the combat sounds. For example, nearly all games I played seem to forgot that the sound of Bullet Cracks and their different variations (based on where the "listener" stands) are vital in creating an oppressive, brutal combat atmosphere.

99% of all bullets flying on a battlefield reach supersonic speed, so I hope this will be given attention.
Last edited by carmikaze; 2013-12-31 at 11:38..
Old 2013-12-31, 13:40   #525
Orosz

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmikaze View Post
I hope there will be a big (!) focus on the combat sounds.
I thought sounds in PR are already perfect. Or you find them unsatisfactory?
Old 2013-12-31, 21:46   #526
carmikaze
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orosz View Post
I thought sounds in PR are already perfect. Or you find them unsatisfactory?
Weapon and vehicle sounds are top-notch.

In a firefight, you mainly hear 2 things: Gunshots and bullets reaching supersonic speed.

Unfortunately there are some BF2 engine limitations, for example it's not possible to let you hear bullet cracks more than a few meters away from your position ingame. You only hear them when the bullets whizzby really really close.

The bullet cracks itself could need optimizing. In PR2 they should appear everytime a bullet is fired, the sound of them has to be more different based on where you stand (+ echo), and with cryengine, maybe it's even possible to simulate the fact that you hear the sound of the bullet crack a bit earlier than the firing sound of the actual gun.

What I noticed in PR:BF2 is, that when you are being suppressed by one single gun, the actual sound of the bulletcracks changes after almost every shot (hope it's clear what i mean). That's not really authentic, if someone with an AK shoots at you and each fired bullet passes you at almost the same spot every time, the bullet cracks do not vary that much. It pretty much always sounds the same. Of course, it doesn't sound the same when the shooter misses you by 10,20,30 meters, but you hopefully get the point.
Last edited by carmikaze; 2014-01-01 at 06:00..
Old 2014-01-01, 09:25   #527
Orosz

Well, I can't really say anything on this matter, probably because I've never been shot at, but I am pretty satisfied with the sounds in PR. Of course that doesn't mean that I am not all for an improvement
Old 2014-01-02, 01:00   #528
zephyr89s
Supporting Member

PR Devs,

I've seen your work from v0.4 till now and you certainly deserve more than just our undying admiration for your efforts. Make a kickstarter to buy a CryEngine3 License once you have a solid late alpha/early beta. Beta access can be free, but for retail, put up a $20 or $30 dollar price tag, and shut up and TAKE MY MONEY!

I think many will agree.

ingame: |TG| Maxwell_Q_Klinger
Old 2014-01-02, 02:44   #529
QuikSnap

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr89s View Post
>TAKE MY MONEY!
>I think many will agree.
As much as I agree, I would pay money for PR2, I actually disagree, because the game is a little too obscure imo. If it's free, we will have more than just two American servers a night.

Need more players.
Old 2014-01-02, 03:39   #530
zephyr89s
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSnap View Post
As much as I agree, I would pay money for PR2, I actually disagree, because the game is a little too obscure imo. If it's free, we will have more than just two American servers a night.

Need more players.
Then lets whore out, lets.....

ADVERTISE

lololol. The dreaded word in this community. That may be a thing you see, not wanting our presence well known. I had the benefit of playing nearly every tactical shooter title made before I started playing BF2 then PR. Not everyone does. They require more "on the job training"

ingame: |TG| Maxwell_Q_Klinger
Closed Thread

Tags
announced, finally fastropes, game, pr2, project, reality