project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
05 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2014-04-01, 23:06   #4561
hiberNative

Default Re: What is the last movie you watched?

Up
3/5
nice movie with a great first half..

American Hustle
fell asleep/5
So meandering about uninteresting themes. Girlfriend gave it 2/5 and said it felt really long.

-
Last edited by hiberNative; 2014-04-06 at 07:52..
Old 2014-04-06, 11:09   #4562
saXoni
Supporting Member

About Time (2013)

8/10

Absolutely wonderful!
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 23:05   #4563
hiberNative

Enemy (2013)
5/5
Amazing movie. Surreal and thick, had me on needles the whole time.
I really recommend watching/reading an analysis after watching it. This is a work of cinematic art.

Enter the Void (2009)
4/5
Never seen this kind of camera work to this extent (maybe in his previous film Irreversible).
It was a bit long, so i had to watch it in 2 parts. Really fascinating if you're liberal about psychedelics and unorthodox approach to drama.

-
Last edited by hiberNative; 2014-04-27 at 10:28..
Old 2014-04-27, 02:36   #4564
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

Good Will Hunting

So glad i fibally watched it, was much better than i expected. Robin Williams is ridiculoualy good in it. Although i can no longer take Matt Damon aeriously for more than 30 minutes before my mind decides to recite "Maattt Daaammonnn" from Team America and i begin laughing.

Serpico

My brothers been telling me for ages to watch this, again im so glad i finally did. Ridiculously good and reiterates the notion that Al Pacino was the best of that generation, miles ahead of De Niro and the like in my opinion.
WelshManDan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 09:23   #4565
philnopatience

Send a message via Yahoo to philnopatience

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiberNative View Post
Enemy (2013)
5/5
Amazing movie. Surreal and thick, had me on needles the whole time.
I really recommend watching/reading an analysis after watching it. This is a work of cinematic art.
Thank you for the recommendation this movie was something I can't really put into words right now if anything I'd say different. Another movie with the same under tones I'd recommend to watch is Killing them Softly.

http://g.bf4stats.com/ydWabaOc/ps3/cheeseybeaver45.png\
philnopatience is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 18:19   #4566
Cassius
Supporting Member

Lego the movie I went in because a friend of mine built stuff for the movie, but it was actually better than expected for an ad you pay to see.

3/5 .

|TG|cap_Kilgore
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 22:11   #4567
Mestniy

12 Years a slave.

Great movie and is interesting and kind of teaching. 9/10.
Mestniy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 06:45   #4568
ShockUnitBlack

The Wolf Of Wall Street

Scorsese's hilarious take on '90s Wall Street stockbroker Jordan Belfort has been criticized by many for celebrating excess and glorifying hedonism rather than attacking corporate greed. Which is the wrong message to draw from the movie. Yes, The Wolf Of Wall Street is essentially a three hour orgy about a group of disgustingly rich and incredibly stupid assholes throwing midgets, getting blown, and downing Quaaludes (often at the same time) - but doesn't that tell you everything you need to know? Scorsese leaves the moviegoer to draw their own conclusions.

9/10

Divergent

An inferior version of The Hunger Games - which I really enjoyed - in nearly every possible way. A bland art style, baffling plot (wait - why are Divergents a "threat to the system" exactly?), and poor action results in mediocre - if not terrible - adaption of the Veronica Roth young-adult novel. To their credit, however, Shailene Woodley and Theo James make a likeable lead duo.

Although I'm not going to fault it for this, I can't help but feel that Divergent - along with many young-adult stories - would benefit from embracing more mature and complex subject matter. As it stands, Divergent is both bloodless and, with the exception of a very brief attempted-rape scene, entirely sexless - omissions that, to me at least, seem at odds with the relatively gritty story.

5/10

"I Want To Spend The Rest Of My Life With You Tonight."
Last edited by ShockUnitBlack; 2014-05-21 at 09:18..
Old 2014-05-03, 09:32   #4569
hardon

This Ain't Game Of Thrones: This Is A Parody

9/10

I think its a rather good movie, though I'm not sure about the parody aspect of things. It has pretty much everything that the original series has, but more in depth. The actors and actress are also very professional.

It also fills many of the holes in the story, which are not covered much in detail in the actual series. Eventually this is still very satisfying, if you can manage to end credits.

You can't make the same mistake twice, the second time you make it, it's no longer a mistake. It is a choise.
Last edited by hardon; 2014-05-03 at 09:53..
Old 2014-05-05, 10:54   #4570
Pantera

Captain America; Winter Soldier

Solid film. Entertaining, convenient and MURICA.

7/10

Pantera is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, 7th panzer division, fast, get out of here 9gag, kill everyone, le 9gag army, movie, recommend, watched