project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
10 Dec 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2018-01-30, 18:28   #11
happygoogleboy
Default Re: Remove commo rose voice

I like them, they add charm. Needs more hilarious voice acting.
happygoogleboy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 19:09   #12
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

I use comorose a lot and not only to spam SHASHKA
-Calling out for medic marks you for medics on map and also marks nearby medics for you. If that function came without the risk of being heard, it would be too powerful so would have to remove it.
-Yes/No/On the way are used a lot by transport pilots. Especially when SLs talk to you, you might not be in a position to reach over to the correct SL key to answer. Just having text here will make it go unnoticed.
-Same for requesting supplies. When I fly transport I am not paying attention until I hear the supply request. I would not notice if it were just in chat.

I see more downsides than upsides for removing it

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 20:28   #13
Hunter291

You got to love spamming commo rose then getting kicked good fun.
Hunter291 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 20:51   #14
PatrickLA_CA

I feel that the commo rose voices give a special kind of charm to this game. Shouldn't be removed.

PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 21:11   #15
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS_ual_TY View Post
I was asked about this in teamspeak and why I would suggest something like this.

Basically:

We sacrifice a lot of different factions on the same map, as these voices are set per map, not per layer for, well... these voices.

Might only be me, but I think having completely different factions on some maps could be really interesting. Would also require some work of course, that needs to be kept in mind.
That can be done without removing the voices with limited increase in size to the mod.

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 23:15   #16
Aleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mats391 View Post
Calling out for medic marks you for medics on map and also marks nearby medics for you. If that function came without the risk of being heard, it would be too powerful so would have to remove it.
Implying that enemies hearing you call for medic is a feature instead of a bug. Nice try.

Aleon is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-31, 11:50   #17
Lorfah
Supporting Member

Everything Mats said, but also for spamming saknam and masi yoto on Ia Drang

Lorfah is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-31, 13:19   #18
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Quote:
I use comorose a lot and not only to spam SHASHKA
This the only real argument for keeping it
Quote:
-Calling out for medic marks you for medics on map and also marks nearby medics for you. If that function came without the risk of being heard, it would be too powerful so would have to remove it.
If you're in a position where you need a medic and doesn't want to be heard but also doesn't know where your medics are, you've messed up. In this position I always check map/ask in squadchat/local anyway. Negating the downside.
Quote:
-Yes/No/On the way are used a lot by transport pilots. Especially when SLs talk to you, you might not be in a position to reach over to the correct SL key to answer. Just having text here will make it go unnoticed.
-Same for requesting supplies. When I fly transport I am not paying attention until I hear the supply request. I would not notice if it were just in chat.
This could be solved by a neutral audio cue. Or even just have it in english for all factions. If that's all there is to it.

Besides we still have wrong voices for atleast one map in PR. This is specifically so we can have multiple factions on a map. What's the so called argument here?

Also: I wouldn't care if the voices were wrong as long as we had more variety in the factions.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-01, 00:26   #19
FFG
Project Reality Beta Tester
PR Server License Moderator

but muh immersion.

FFG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-01, 06:19   #20
MIA89
Banned

YA I AGREE LETS REMOVE EVERY ASPECT OF FUN FROM THE GAME WHILE WE ARE AT>>FUCK U GUYS! QUNBULAH DOOHYNEYAH
MIA89 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
commo, remove, rose, voice