project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
17 Feb 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2011-10-16, 19:19   #21
Hauteclocque
Retired PR Developer

Send a message via MSN to Hauteclocque
Default Re: 2011 Rugby World Cup Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by galeknight1 View Post
In other notes - Very solid performance from the All Blacks... can't help but feel the final will be a non-game, seeing as they've already beaten France comfortably in the group stage. However, as 2007 showed, I could be wrong.

I've read what the NZ newspapers are telling...they should really stfu before the final. Criticizing us and telling our team is crap (like how they did before we won against England) will only motivate the French players...

Just a statistic as well, we did attack in a shitty way, but except for the try, we did defend way better than before. 184 tackles with only 8 missed.

Hauteclocque is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 19:45   #22
Scot
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Hauteclocque View Post
I've read what the NZ newspapers are telling...they should really stfu before the final. Criticizing us and telling our team is crap (like how they did before we won against England) will only motivate the French players...

Just a statistic as well, we did attack in a shitty way, but except for the try, we did defend way better than before. 184 tackles with only 8 missed.
Against 14 men remember

Rugby is a serious numbers game. not beating around the bush, to only win 8-9 against 14 men is seriously poor. The fact that they're coming up against a New Zealand team that has dismantled sides like Argentina and Australia in an extremely calm and organised manner, despite missing their first and second choice Number 10, Aaron Cruden has slotted in and played as well as Dan Carter and Slade would have played (except for kicking purposes).

I think the one thing France have going for is the fact they've played so shit, they can cause an upset as it's a typical French feature to be able to conjure up something out of nothing, but it will be seriously hard to break this New Zealand team.

Plus I want the NZ Team to win, I think they deserve it far more, but sport doesn't care for who deserves anything, so it will be an interesting final

Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 19:49   #23
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot View Post
Plus I want the NZ Team to win, I think they deserve it far more, but sport doesn't care for who deserves anything, so it will be an interesting final
Indeed, otherwise Wales would be in the final and South Africa (well they did out-play Australia) would of played the All Blacks.

If France win the final, then it will mean the World Cup is a massive joke. Probably the worst team in the final, and just about the worst off-pitch team too. Anyone heard about what happened the night of the Wales match? Disgusting that players would do that, its not like this is a Lions tour, its the world cup!
WelshManDan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 20:24   #24
Hauteclocque
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshManDan View Post
Anyone heard about what happened the night of the Wales match? Disgusting that players would do that, its not like this is a Lions tour, its the world cup!
What happened ? Not heard of anything in the French press. Have they done worse than the English ?

I can't believe that.

And yes, the French did play a shitty way, but there are in final, and haven't cheated in any way to do so. Teams who have lost against us just failed to beat a shitty team, that's all. And don't tell me the Welsh were 14, failing to score penalties is also something that can make you lose.

Being good in this field is what saved France.

Last edited by Hauteclocque; 2011-10-16 at 20:33..
Old 2011-10-16, 20:47   #25
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

Quote:
What happened ? Not heard of anything in the French press. Have they done worse than the English ?
French 'are spoiled brats': Sport: Rugby: Rugby World Cup 2011

Directly dis-obeying a coaches orders on the weekend before the most important match of their lives shows poor discipline and complete incompetence (something they also showed on the field of play...)

I agree that Wales should of kicked those points, and Parra did excellent to convert the ones he did in the conditions of the game. I am very bitter obviously considering the only things that lost us the game was the Red Card and a player who came under extreme pressure after a world cup campaign where he has been on the bench. Cant blame someone under such pressure taking over from a player who has literally blasted onto the Welsh and International scene (Priestland).

I dont care, Im still incredibly proud of the team, and care only about next week for the players themselves who deserve nothing less than second place in the world, and will have to settle for third. Cymru am Byth!
WelshManDan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 20:51   #26
Hauteclocque
Retired PR Developer

Ah yes...I read this too. Lievrement was quite angry indeed. He knows what playing a WC final is, and how to prepare it properly.

And yes, you can be proud of your team. Their game was pretty interesting, and this team is very young ! I'm pretty sure they will do great things in the future Six Nations tournaments.

Old 2011-10-16, 20:54   #27
Scot
Supporting Member

Quote:
And yes, the French did play a shitty way, but there are in final, and haven't cheated in any way to do so. Teams who have lost against us just failed to beat a shitty team, that's all. And don't tell me the Welsh were 14, failing to score penalties is also something that can make you lose.

Being good in this field is what saved France.
Oh don't get me wrong, France fully deserve to be where they are due to the fact that other teams seem to not be able to break them (England prime example), but I'm just saying that quote you put up, it's far easier to not miss tackles when you have a 1 man advantage every time.

Scot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 07:59   #28
Welshboy

I still don't understand whats wrong between the french and their managers/coaches in sports world cup. In last years football world cup, the french fell out with the coaches then as well
Welshboy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 10:18   #29
AnimalMother.
Supporting Member

it's in their blood to revoult, no?

(all meant in good taste)

ex |TG-31st|
AnimalMotherUK - YouTube
vistamaster01: "I just dont get people with girl usernames/pics/sigs lol,
for example I thought AnimalMother was a girl "

Arte et Marte
AnimalMother. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 12:43   #30
Hauteclocque
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]AnimalMother View Post
it's in their blood to revoult, no?
Quite yes.

Usually that sort of thing never left the changing-room, but now Lievremont says everything he thinks to the journalists.

OT: our football team was composed of spoiled children with a manager not being able to coach them. It's still the same today, but Laurent Blanc is a real manager, and won quite a few title as a player (World Cup and European Championship + numerous League titles) and also as a trainer.

Tags
2011, cup, rugby, thread, world