project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
19 Feb 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2011-03-14, 01:39   #11
simeon5541

Default Re: Jets Imbalance

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
And your basing that on what exactly? The EF2000 is a 4.5/5th Generation aircraft, the F-16/Mig-29/J-10 are all 4th Generation Aircraft where the EF2000 is a far superior aircraft to all, in avionics, weapon systems and flight characteristics.

Eurofighter Technology and Performance

On that table there, the F-16 only scores 21%, EF2000 scores 82% and there are many other tables like that which all say the same thing.

As such, it would be unrealistic for us to put the EF2000 on the same par as the other aircraft you mention, but at the same time we haven't made it as good ingame as it is in r/l and a good pilot can still easily shoot it down in a J-10 etc.

The Tornado on the other hand, is realistic to be that fast. Its a very, very fast aircraft. Its max speed is Mach 2.34, although its relative speed in PR is probably a little too fast but still, much faster than the other aircraft ingame. It is also armed with only a few, short range missiles, where all the fighters ingame are armed with long range and short range so the Tornado is much worse at air-to-air combat than a fighter. If your often getting shot down by a Tornado when your in a fighter, you should practice more tbh

While there is a lot that could and needs to be improve with our jets, I wouldn't say that the balance side is really that off tbh as right now, the best pilots will win most engagements which is tbh how it is in real life.
The EF is 4.5 generation,MiG-29M is also.
simeon5541 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 05:01   #12
Acecombatzer0

The MIG-29M is 4th generation. It does have a bigger brother (The MIG-35) which is 4.5 generation.
Acecombatzer0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 23:03   #13
simeon5541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acecombatzer0 View Post
The MIG-29M is 4th generation. It does have a bigger brother (The MIG-35) which is 4.5 generation.
I thought they are the same
But hardware is the same,very beautiful plane
simeon5541 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-02, 20:10   #14
Jonathan_Archer_nx01

Quote:
And your basing that on what exactly? The EF2000 is a 4.5/5th Generation aircraft, the F-16/Mig-29/J-10 are all 4th Generation Aircraft where the EF2000 is a far superior aircraft to all, in avionics, weapon systems and flight characteristics.

Eurofighter Technology and Performance

On that table there, the F-16 only scores 21%, EF2000 scores 82% and there are many other tables like that which all say the same thing.

As such, it would be unrealistic for us to put the EF2000 on the same par as the other aircraft you mention, but at the same time we haven't made it as good ingame as it is in r/l and a good pilot can still easily shoot it down in a J-10 etc.

The Tornado on the other hand, is realistic to be that fast. Its a very, very fast aircraft. Its max speed is Mach 2.34, although its relative speed in PR is probably a little too fast but still, much faster than the other aircraft ingame. It is also armed with only a few, short range missiles, where all the fighters ingame are armed with long range and short range so the Tornado is much worse at air-to-air combat than a fighter. If your often getting shot down by a Tornado when your in a fighter, you should practice more tbh

While there is a lot that could and needs to be improve with our jets, I wouldn't say that the balance side is really that off tbh as right now, the best pilots will win most engagements which is tbh how it is in real life.
Fair enough, sir.

But where one side has superior tech and you're aware of that, maybe that's where you should give the opponent some kind of a counter. Like give Chinese 2 J10's instead of 1 for instance.

The Qinling set-up then could look like this:
1x EF + 1x Tornado vs. 2x J10 + 1x Su-30

It's called asymetric balancing, as I'm sure you know, as opposed to mirror balancing which makes everything dull and therefore it sux :/ It basically means that everything works the same, only skins are different.
Jonathan_Archer_nx01 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 22:19   #15
cheesus182

But the typhoon is so fast to make it hard to catch by the MIG since its a pain to play on silent eagle when the mig rapes your in 5 seconds because your too slow.
The typhoon is really just used for ground attacks now isnt it?
cheesus182 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 23:24   #16
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Archer_nx01 View Post
It's called asymetric balancing, as I'm sure you know, as opposed to mirror balancing which makes everything dull and therefore it sux :/ It basically means that everything works the same, only skins are different.
Yes I really need a lecture on asymmetrical balance after Muttrah and all....

The problem with your setup is it would take another player off the ground for the PLA and you then need to factor into the consequences on the ground which is larger than you think when there are so few players spread over loads of assets and then the air setup your suggested wouldn't necessarily be balanced as then more than likely the PLA would find it really, really easy to gain air superiority and keep it, meaning the brits would get bombed to crap by another jet in the sky raining down even more bombs than if they managed to get air superiority.

asymmetrical balance is something that you can't archive by a minor tweak like your suggesting, it takes a tweak in every department to archive perfect harmony otherwise its just an asymmetrical setup which isn't balanced and one side has a overwhelming advantage, more so than if you left things as they where.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-21, 23:46   #17
K4on
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LudacrisKill View Post
The Eurofighter and Tornado are WAAAAAY too quick. There is no balanced vs the mig/j10. The typhoon is the best air to air jet in PR, I doubt it should be so.

The Euro should have similar values to the f16/mig and the tornado should be weaker in air to air battles (As I doubt the speed will be reduced BELOW the mig/f16/j10's.)
Quote:
If your often getting shot down by a Tornado when your in a fighter, you should practice more tbh .
or you should try it yourself. could it be that u haven't flown vs a tornado in last time?^^

K4on is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 20:54   #18
Tarranauha200

Stop whining, its project reality, not "project fair game and perfect balance".
Tarranauha200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 21:50   #19
K4on
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarranauha200 View Post
Stop whining, its project reality, not "project fair game and perfect balance".
yes, just dont mess with me if i am the tornade pilot - or you will lose your jet

K4on is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-22, 22:24   #20
saXoni
Supporting Member

Why? I'm sure 50% of all PR players will kick your ass, Mr. Braggart.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
imbalance, jets