project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > African Resistance Fighters
25 Feb 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
African Resistance Fighters Discussion pertaining to the African Resistance Fighters (ARF) faction.

Old 2009-12-11, 21:34   #1
xxXmsgt_jimbobXxx
Arrow [suggestion][weapon] napalm

I think it would be a good thing to add for the ARF fighters as it seems that this is going to be a more brutal faction for PR. I think that the ARF fighters should be equipped with napalm. EoD already has them all we have to do is ask really nicely and they may give them to us along with the f4s. I saw that the militia did not have planes or helis, but seeing as the African guerillas are fairly well equipped, i think we should give old soviet and american models. If we ask Eod for both the f4 and the napalm, we could equip those to the ARF side and give SOD (stand off dispenser i think) clusters for the frenchie/BLUFOR side. Wut do yall think?
Old 2009-12-11, 22:59   #2
killonsight95
Supporting Member

Default Re: [suggestion][weapon] napalm

could be a commander asset maybe?
Old 2009-12-11, 23:37   #3
xxXmsgt_jimbobXxx

i think thats a good idea, but if we want it to be a commander asset i suggest a fuel air bomb for the ARF and a daisy cutter for the frenchies. commander assetts are supposed to be big explosion, and most of our maps are going to be 4km so that will make a nice proportional boom.
Old 2009-12-13, 18:08   #4
Redamare
Supporting Member

I agree napalm should be a commander area strike option... for certian map factions

Old 2009-12-13, 18:31   #5
killonsight95
Supporting Member

lolz all we now is someone to make and code it hmmmm....
Old 2009-12-13, 19:23   #6
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Eod have a kickass napalm effect, however I don't know if this would really work well in pr

Old 2009-12-13, 19:58   #7
DeltaFart

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Rudd View Post
Eod have a kickass napalm effect, however I don't know if this would really work well in pr
I never quite liked EoD, all the textures and effects seem low quality compared to the rest of the mods out there
Not sure why, but the napalm effect looked terrible to me

Old 2009-12-13, 19:28   #8
Drunkenup

Well, theres always the Lag problem. When someone tried implementing Cluster bombs, it was put down because of the issue of lag problems. Napalm could have the same effect, but until then, someones gonna have to make a proof of concept.
Old 2009-12-14, 01:55   #9
Wakain

I agree with you deltafart, though the idea of napalm in project reality would be quite cool and something new entirely to pr, though I wouldn't make it a commander asset
Old 2009-12-14, 04:02   #10
DeltaFart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakain View Post
I agree with you deltafart, though the idea of napalm in project reality would be quite cool and something new entirely to pr, though I wouldn't make it a commander asset
i said nothing about it not being cool
I said EOD stuff is of lower quality than that of PR you'd have to remake the effect for it to be on par
The Napalm effect that EOD uses looks like someone used ms paint ot make the textures

Tags
napalm, suggestion, suggestionweapon, weapon