project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Squad Leader Tactics
23 Jul 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What is your squad leading style?
Authoritarian 121 34.77%
Delegation 129 37.07%
Sheep 26 7.47%
Can't be arsed to put effort in 5 1.44%
I don't squad lead 47 13.51%
other (post below!) 20 5.75%
Voters: 348. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-06-24, 09:03   #11
TomDackery

Default Re: what's your squad leading style?

I do authoritarian and delegation mainly, and when we completely fail, I just go all out sheep leader, and hope they do better without my commands. That doesn't happen often though. I trust players who communicate more than the people who don't answer until the 5th time you say their player name, so the more players who are alert and speaking fluent English, the more I delegate. The more tippitytappers I have (rather type than talk), the more authoritarian. Also, if I have a grand scheme to the actions and I want it to go super duper, I'll go all out authoritarian.
TomDackery is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 10:13   #12
L4gi
Server Administrator (A-N)
PR Server License Moderator

Somewhere between sheep and dictator. People need to know how to think for themselves, but if need be I can also make them regret doing something stupid. :P

L4gi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 10:17   #13
-.-Maverick-.-

Send a message via MSN to -.-Maverick-.-

Between Authoritarian and Delegation, depends on the squad members really. When I play with my clanmates I know that they don't need a lot of micro management cus we can almost read each others minds, but when playing with pubbers some more control is necessary.

-.-Maverick-.- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 16:19   #14
PuffNStuff

"I don't always Squad lead, but when I do, I prefer AUTHORITY!"

(insert picture of the Dos Aquis most interesting man in the world, is this a new meme?)
PuffNStuff is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 18:04   #15
[R-DEV]​Psyrus
PR:BF2 Developer

Pretty much just this... all the time

but I still maintain it is justified. It would be funny if this situation hadn't happened to me on a number of occasions:
Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 20:35   #16
goguapsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyrus View Post
I like your drawings. Do you sketch for your plans so your squad members can understand them, too?

joking

Guys, when a new player comes, just answer his question and go on your merry way, instead of going berserk! It's THAT simple!

[/CENTER]
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 13:07   #17
gazzthompson

Authoritarian , i dont like to baby sit my squad members and have to keep an eye on them. I have better things to do, so i tell them to stay on me at all times and it also helps the medic.

When in multi-story buildings, i restrict the squad to 2 floors. When moving i want them within the 'green arrow' range (50m?) on my HUD.
Yesterday was a perfect example, i was playing on gaza in a perfectly good squad. But the squad leader was not assertive enough this resulted in players wandering off in firefights spreading the squad and ultimately leading to the death of the squad

There was one member who was pretty much at all times atleast 60-70m from the squad who i would of kicked personally.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 13:23   #18
Gore
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Rarely squadlead, though the few times I have done it I've really enjoyed it.
Like this time on Kashan where we captured a tank. We had it for the whole round.

I usually cannot function without having a squadleader/fellow squadmembers.
It's not my style of play doing things on my own.

Gore is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 13:33   #19
Darkcloak2
Retired Forum Moderator

Rarely squadlead b/c the majority of the time, it is so frustrating.

When I do, I go somewhere between sheep and delegation. I prefer that my SMs know how to do most things and they just need me to tell them where and what to do on a general basis. I hate micromanaging SMs and telling "the medic to go 20 m right and the AR 16.5 m to my left."
Darkcloak2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-25, 13:36   #20
cyberzomby

Hmm Im not sure. I dont think Im a bossy squad-leader. I give orders in a suggestive manner. Lets walk over here, lets try this. Attack orders are issued with a bit more authoritarian voice I guess. Im letting the squad-members think for themselves a lot. I dont mind being in a squad where I get put in a special formation wit ha special angle to look at. But I dont want to force that on people myself. So Im squad-leading in a more lose style.

In the PRT I found it a bit hard at first to change my tone of voice towards people who didnt obey the plan. But after a few times It was easier. I think I'd kick people out of my squad if I see them on the other side of the map or not responding to anything I say. Because lets face it, part of the fun squad-leading is seeing how your plan works out ^-^

Its fun to see everyone's style's here. I dont mind any style as a squad-member. Only if I get yelled at is when I leave a squad.
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
leading, squad, style