project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
19 Jul 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2017-11-15, 22:48   #1
Multi
Smile Sound Mod Issues

Hello!

I'm currently making a sound mod for Project Reality
It will have high quality and more inmersive sounds for weapons, vehicles, explosions, etc

However, i have some issues...

I'm kinda experienced with sound, but i'm not experienced of how sound works in the game, for example, i replaced the ak-47 sound, and it sound awesome, but only on semi-auto, since in full auto you can only hear the first shot

It had the same duration for the original and the better sound, so i don't know what's the problem

Another issue it's that i replaced also distant shots for the ak, with the same format and everything, but those sounds just dissapeared

If it is necesary i will post a video with the issues and better sounds

I will need someone experienced with this please
Multi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-16, 19:16   #2
[R-DEV]​AfterDune
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

You're going to have to add sound regions, so BF2 knows where to loop your sound.

http://www.schoeldgen.de/bf1942/tool...nd%20Tools.zip

There's a "region" executable in here. It'll ask for the RPM, you can find that in the tweak file of the weapon.

Note that the firing speed are *always* increments of 150 (so 150, 300, 450, etc). Any other value is wrong.

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-17, 15:26   #3
Multi
Default Re: Sound Mod Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Post
You're going to have to add sound regions, so BF2 knows where to loop your sound.

http://www.schoeldgen.de/bf1942/tool...nd%20Tools.zip

There's a "region" executable in here. It'll ask for the RPM, you can find that in the tweak file of the weapon.

Note that the firing speed are *always* increments of 150 (so 150, 300, 450, etc). Any other value is wrong.
Thank you so much!, you helped me a lot!, i don't know if i can release the mod so you can play it in an online server

If someone knows if you can use client-sided sounds in multiplayer please let me know
Old 2017-11-24, 17:43   #4
Multi
Default Re: Sound Mod Issues

Can't find a way to make the distant sound effects work, and the format that PR uses for those sounds is not compatible with Sound Tools..

Tags
ak47, issues, mod, muted, sound