project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Commander Tactics
22 Jul 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2016-10-05, 23:39   #21
Web_cole
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Web_cole
Default Re: Amount of commander players in the Project Reality Tournament

Orthas was probably SCO for C9, maybe CO too. Bonsai was a CO in some respect for C9 too. Someone else will have to confirm the exact details of that arrangement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Denmark View Post
We also have PDI, Commanding Officer (CO): Fnixer, he is posted from the SCO/CO announcement of the campaign, so I assume he partly completed the campaign, or did he leave before the campaign started
I think Fnixer essentially resigned before the tournament had properly gotten under way, as in before a battle had taken place thus elevating Hotfranc to the position of CO from XO. Again I'm not clear on that, he could have played one battle but I doubt it was more than that.

Quote:
In C9 AgentMongoose should have played as CO on the NATO side, did he complete the full campaign? Nothing on his tournament profile suggest he did play as CO or NATO or C9? His profile list CATA in C7 and C8? ...information needed please.
I know you're looking for corroboration on this one but I promise you he was the CO of NATO Alpha (which had a German Bundeswehr theme; my squad was called the 23rd Gebirgsjager Brigade ) in C9 after switching from playing in CATA for C8. He brought with him Sekh as an XO, and at least two more Officers in SweetLain and Alfa.

I made this at the time:

Last edited by Web_cole; 2016-10-06 at 00:22..
Old 2016-10-06, 01:31   #22
Sekh765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web_cole View Post

I know you're looking for corroboration on this one but I promise you he was the CO of NATO Alpha (which had a German Bundeswehr theme; my squad was called the 23rd Gebirgsjager Brigade ) in C9 after switching from playing in CATA for C8. He brought with him Sekh as an XO, and at least two more Officers in SweetLain and Alfa.

I made this at the time:

Can confirm as well, Mongoose was NATO Alpha CO for C9, I was his XO. Good times!

Sekh765 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-06, 01:49   #23
AgentMongoose

... Web has awoken me from my slumber after around 2062 days of inactivity. The bastard.
I was an SL in C7 2ic in C8, both on CATA. In C8.5 I was persuaded to switch to NATO to help remedy some 'skill' imbalances (I think NATO won a single match in C8, but I could be mistaken.) I don't even recall my rank from C8.5 but it was canned early by admins due to many issues, which never really got addressed before C9. I decided in to stick around in NATO for C9 in a leadership position for much the same reasons I was willing to hop sides in C8.5 (along with most of my command staff).
Anyway enough of that here is the original command structure for NATO ALPHA. Though I don't know how long this held before I (and Sekh for that matter) had to start shuffling squad leaders around. Though Would contend that Sekh ended up as Co-Commander rather than my 2ic by the end of the campaign.
Last edited by AgentMongoose; 2016-10-06 at 02:00.. Reason: Clarity
Old 2016-10-06, 07:28   #24
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Quote:
So you are saying that CO Cruzmissile did not complete C10 as appointed CO? Or are you referring to an internal agreement between these two individuals?
I'm not saying anything because I do not know/remember.

Here's a thought for you though: If a CO is LOA for the last 2-3 battles (1.5 month) does that count as he completed it?

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-06, 10:04   #25
Cossack
Supporting Member

I remember C9 as it was yesterday. Pfunk was SCO of whole NATO and CO of the Charly. I joined C9 after winter brake. Bravo was disbanded, because loads of people left. Charly was made from those who stayed from Bravo and loads of the new guys like me.

From there I got into OD-S because RedWater. The opposition we faced was CATA united single team. SCO was Orthas, and CO Bonsai. Basically Charly was bunch of new guys with few months at best vs battle hardened veterans of CATA. I remember Red saying, ae won't even hit the ground before we will get killed during Muttrah battle. My first battle and the only win of Charly...

Cossack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-06, 11:39   #26
Web_cole
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Web_cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentMongoose View Post
... Web has awoken me from my slumber after around 2062 days of inactivity. The bastard.
Mwahaha

Quote:
Oh snap dude that's awesome. Yoink.

Web_cole is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-06, 19:42   #27
Michael_Denmark

Quote:

I was an SL in C7 2ic in C8, both on CATA.

In C8.5 I was persuaded to switch to NATO to help remedy some 'skill' imbalances (I think NATO won a single match in C8, but I could be mistaken.)

I don't even recall my rank from C8.5 but it was canned early by admins due to many issues, which never really got addressed before C9.

I decided in to stick around in NATO for C9 in a leadership position for much the same reasons I was willing to hop sides in C8.5 (along with most of my command staff).

Anyway enough of that here is the original command structure for NATO ALPHA. Though I don't know how long this held before I (and Sekh for that matter) had to start shuffling squad leaders around. Though Would contend that Sekh ended up as Co-Commander rather than my 2ic by the end of the campaign.
Thank You Web for bringing him back and thank you, AgentMongoose, for helping out to clear this fog of confusion.

Okay, okay, let me see if I understand it correctly:

You first become CO from C9, thus not in 8.5, 8 or 7?

Sekh ends up as the CO-Commander, -like the two of you shared the responsibilities of the CO position, that you formally was appointed to, from start to end of C9?
In that regard, would you like me to post both your names as partly completed commanders in campaign 9, for NATO Alpha?

Thanks again AgentMongoose, it maybe be important we get all this stuff right, so we might figure out - as a community - whether we are in need of another model for tournament commanders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
I'm not saying anything because I do not know/remember.

Here's a thought for you though: If a CO is LOA for the last 2-3 battles (1.5 month) does that count as he completed it?
Well, if that CO is still the official appointed CO, by the administration, then yes, it will count as he completed it.

It is a really good question, because the model we use, for completion or not, is rather inflexible. Already now, in this small attempt getting the numbers down, we see this continous pattern of people, constantly stepping up, taking over from others, like was it a real war, loaded with replacements taking over from each other.

Perhaps the tournament need a new official term; replacement CO / SCO / GSO / XO and so on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossack View Post
I remember C9 as it was yesterday. Pfunk was SCO of whole NATO and CO of the Charly. I joined C9 after winter brake. Bravo was disbanded, because loads of people left. Charly was made from those who stayed from Bravo and loads of the new guys like me.

From there I got into OD-S because RedWater. The opposition we faced was CATA united single team. SCO was Orthas, and CO Bonsai. Basically Charly was bunch of new guys with few months at best vs battle hardened veterans of CATA. I remember Red saying, ae won't even hit the ground before we will get killed during Muttrah battle. My first battle and the only win of Charly...
We will post Pfunk as SCO for the whole of NATO in C9 then. Thanks for the other information too!

Define irony. A bunch of guys playing PR year after year. A game teaching initiative as the prime mover.
However, in regard to EA, these guys never took the initiative.
We who play these kinds of games are the first generation of war robot pilots.Today we pilot a camera in 3D heaven,Tomorrow... http://gametactic.org/pr
Last edited by Michael_Denmark; 2016-10-06 at 19:51..
Old 2016-10-06, 20:02   #28
Alex L.
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Alex L.

Hello everyone,

UK_Force was the first commander in C1, to my knowledge. During that time, Gaz was squad leader for Delta squad (the special forces). During C1, UK_force moved to the admin team. Then Gaz became commander during C1.

I myself was a dedicated pilot in C1 and later "HCO" ("high command officer") responsable for team strategy and later 2iC under Gaz. When Gaz moved to the admin team I became commander for C2 and C3. In C2 Deg.0 was my 2iC. After C3 I moved to the tournament admin team (T-ADMIN) and ultimately became the tournament lead (TL) and tournament management (R-DEV). Deg.0 became commander in C4. I retired all my remaining duties in 2010 (already stepped down from TL in 2008 - which was after C7 I believe.) I can recall C8 and C9, but I think most executive duties were already being handled by someone else at the time.

Since subsequent tournament leads have all re-written all official posts in the tournament instructional sections you can not find any real data from that time anymore. Most images were hotlinked in the passed and have now gone defunct as players have moved on and online storage has evolved. During my time, there were several dumps of important topics into archives, but I can't check anymore since I neither have high clearance on this board or the tournament board anymore.

The split between "Supreme Commander" and just "Commander" came from the fact that during my time as tournament lead, the tournament became so popular we decided to have four teams instead of two. That created the need for an extra layer of command to ensure smooth operating with the admin staff. I designed the rank images for the teams at that time. The allied "commander" had a blue colonel eagle, the "supreme commander" a brigadier general star. For the chinese oriented team there was a similar structure based on chinese military ranks. I still have those rank avatars on file.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,
Alex L.
(former commander, admin, management lead - 2006-2010)

Last edited by Alex L.; 2016-10-06 at 20:48.. Reason: spelling bomb
Old 2016-10-06, 20:06   #29
AgentMongoose

Quote:
Sekh ends up as the CO-Commander, -like the two of you shared the responsibilities of the CO position, that you formally was appointed to, from start to end of C9?
In that regard, would you like me to post both your names as partly completed commanders in campaign 9, for NATO Alpha?
Technically according to the rank structure Pfunk used Sekh Was my 2ic, but in reality he and I split most of the commanding duties. He and I planned everything together. In battles he and I would alter roles on the fly, If I was engaged he would take over as Actual, or vice versa. Only with dealing with the admin staff did my rank really make a difference.
AgentMongoose is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-07, 05:16   #30
MaSSive

Orthas and bonsai C9 and maybe 8.5 CATA. Completed C9, I dont remember anyone dropping off then.

Now armies and all that.. hmm I dont recal that detail. Plus I got mixed up memory in my head with the PRTA tourney, cant help much more...was a while back. I do remember I got golden mortar badge.

Went trough bootcamp with Onil, such a badass that dude. Plus Rex, man that guy spared no one, kickass player.

Fucks flyout to all and especially my ExYU Jackals, you know who you are.

L4gi was a CO? Pfft haha. (I kid)

CATA4TW!
"People never lie so much as before an election, during a war, or after a hunt."
"God has a special providence for fools, drunks, and the United States of America."
― Otto von Bismarck
Last edited by MaSSive; 2016-10-07 at 05:34..

Tags
amount, commander, players, project, reality, tournament