project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
16 Jul 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2016-09-18, 01:38   #1
kezzla
Default Tips for new players

I've always been thinking the manual is a rather simple introduction to the kits and assets and it most likely takes years to get a good understanding of the in-depth dynamics of the teamwork and gameplay in PR. So I'm sure there are rather simple things veteran players would like the new ones to know about and rather simple tips new players would like to know themselves.
So here's a couple of mine.

* Don't fly anything if you already don't know what you're doing

* In the beginning of the round don't take special kits without consulting your SL or ones you have little to no idea about. Grabbing a sniper kit ASAP without asking your SL usually means you're not really concerned about teamwork on most maps.

* As a medic don't rush ahead of your squad unless your SL says otherwise and always try to stay behind cover. You are expected to be able to get people up and running in case shit hits the fan, in many cases mid-battle so act accordingly. Stay within your squad at all times. Plus prioritize your squad, especially other squad medics ahead of blueberries (the blue guys on your map). Also remember to use your smoke as a cover while getting people up, especially on open maps where having a cover is scarce.

* Remember your position in your squad and don't get too caught up in irrelevant side-action, forgetting your objective in the squad.

* In general, stay within 50m or up to 100m of your squad. This is the what gets me every now and then with new players - they run off for whatever reasons, either recon or they spot someone and run after them and eventually get killed out on their own. Now they're expecting their squad medics to run out for them and get them up, risking the medic and possibly putting half of the squad in unnecessary danger.

* REMEMBER YOUR OBJECTIVE. I cannot stress this enough. This simply doesn't just apply to new players but also seasoned SL-s. Whole rounds are lost when squadleaders decide to run up on two to three flags ahead in the beginning of the round (for spec ops tactical reasons I assume), not considering there usually are very limited amount of INF squads and their tactics simply won't support the whole team's objectives. For new players this means do not engage enemies that are either off your objective or fall behind your objective (either flags that are not capable or flags that are defended while you are supposed to push up on enemy flag). On insurgency as an insurgent this means your actions are supposed to fall in line with defending the caches.

* Unless you're being fired at, do not automatically engage with enemy as soon as you spot anything. You will effectively give up your own and your squad's position. Instead, automatically do call out enemy positions, their compass bearing and approximate distance (in most cases close/far will do, in some cases on mountain areas you'll need to specify low or high). Also do not shoot rifles at APC-s, helis or any other assets like that. I still keep seeing this. In case of APC-s and tanks, it's a suicide wish and in case of other assets it'll simply give up your position with little to no effect on what you're shooting at. Staying stealthy gives you best chances of staying alive.

* Unless you're a HAT or LAT, whenever you see heavy assets (APC, TANK, CAS or even HMMV especially CROW), hide and take cover. Resist your urge to look at them and wait them to pass or be dealt with.

* Do not rope yourself to dumb places with little cover and no exits. You're just setting yourself up for an easy kill.

* STAY AWAY FROM THE ROOFS. Unless you actually know what you're doing (which is unlikely for a new player), you have 80-90% of dying within the first 4-5 minutes. Don't expect for a medic to get you up there, this doesn't need any more explaining.

* Check your map every other moment there's a change in any situation. Situational awareness is the key for great teamwork.
kezzla is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-19, 13:46   #2
QuickLoad

Default Re: Tips for new players

This is some super common sense stuff.
There's some things is change in the guide though, medics don't matter if they're behind or Infront of the squad, stop blaming the corpsman and take responsibility. You can always pick up his kit if you are going to whine.

SL should always be consulted if you want to grab a kit.

But like I said, common sense.
QuickLoad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-20, 13:05   #3
sunshine2241991

* Hold Q to check Magazine status (right down corner )
* Going to Prone and from Prone reset you stabilization
* If you Going Down very high hill jump and hold S and you wont get wounded .
* You can take kits from Behind the wall
* Enginer Repair Kit build Wire in 5 sec
* Press C to change scope ( in some weapons )
* Knife is not Instant Kill ( Depend the hit )
* Huey Co pilot have access to Thermo vision by pressing 2
sunshine2241991 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-20, 16:05   #4
Converse.

• Make sure to practice on Cooperative mode for at least 2 hours prior to entering deployment mode so you can get used to game.
  • Read the manual.
  • Read the manual 2x.
Converse. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-20, 23:18   #5
dervu

It's a question, but I think it's useful. Before I stopped playing PR, I think I could heal myself as medic using med bag aiming down. Isn't it possible now?
dervu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-21, 07:26   #6
LiamNL
Supporting Member

No, you can no longer heal yourself with the medic bag, instead you have to press either 8 or 9 to get patches which heal about 1/4 of your health bar. Every kit has at least one patch, medic kits can range from 5 to 9 patches, officers get 3 and spotter as well I believe.
LiamNL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-21, 11:06   #7
Bastiannn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamNL View Post
No, you can no longer heal yourself with the medic bag, instead you have to press either 8 or 9 to get patches which heal about 1/4 of your health bar. Every kit has at least one patch, medic kits can range from 5 to 9 patches, officers get 3 and spotter as well I believe.
When or how does the medic get more than 5 dressings?
Bastiannn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-21, 11:21   #8
Converse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastiannn View Post
When or how does the medic get more than 5 dressings?
Lel, medics can't have more than 5 patches for sure.
Converse. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-21, 14:05   #9
Fir3w411

Insurgent medic has 11 patches IIRC.

"Sometimes you just gotta use torture tactics."
Fir3w411 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-21, 14:42   #10
Shan~Man
Supporting Member

I've been playing for a month now.....really enjoy playing so far.

Don't stay in a squad that does not communicate......nothing to be learned there in my opinion. I don't like to bale from a squad but when there is no direction from the SQ Ldr why stay? Altho I guess he could be new as well.

..... and a huge thanks to those who have been helping a newb out.
Shan~Man is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
players, tips