project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Event News
23 Jul 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR Event News Check here for upcoming community-held events

Old 2019-01-06, 20:46   #1
temexter
Supporting Member

Default PRTA Presents: Contact! - A Project Reality Tournament

Contact!

PRTA Presents: Contact! - A Project Reality Tournament

We are thrilled to announce PRTA's Project Reality tournament Contact!. The aim of this tournament is to provide a competitive, friendly, and enjoyable tournament experience for everyone wanting to join. Our aim is to set up two teams; with commanders who will build, oversee and command teams fighting bi-weekly to be the best in PR.

We decided to create this tournament because, as some of you may know, the PRT has come to an end and will be ended indefinitely. This means there will be no true competitive PR going on. PRTA is looking to continue the tradition and fill that void. The PRT has been the source of the true form of Project Reality for a long time. With emphasize on cooperation, teamwork, command, leadership and camaraderie. Contact will strive to reach the same standard as the previous PRT!

How will it work?

To start off, there will be two teams, fighting over the course of 2 preparation and 7 regular battles. Battles will occur every other week with teams getting points added towards their total based on their performance. The preparation battles will not count towards winning the tournament, but give teams the ability to fix any problems they may have before the official start of the tournament.

What factions and maps would we play?

This will not be like your conventional PR game. We will use vanilla maps with custom assets pre-determined to ensure balance. So you might see Israel vs China on Muttrah with both sides having a tank or Germany vs France on Kashan with 6 tanks on each team. These are just two of the thousands of possibilities we have to work with.

All the maps are made in an easy to download file which is available for for everyone to download and install.

What are the victory conditions?

While the victory of the battle is decided by who has more tickets, the tournament victor will be determined by total amount of points, which can be achieved from taking flags as well as winning the battle. More information can be found here.

What does the winner get?

You get absolutely nothing except bragging rights and fond memories of the time you had playing.

Teams and commanders

[BGB] Battle Group Bravo
SCO - Woxbel - Netherlands
CO - DesertFox - Croatia

[RIF] Rapid Interdiction Force
SCO - Cassius23 - Poland
CO - Mattytoosack - USA

Signups
  1. Want to contribute to the tournament? Apply here.
  2. Interested in taking up a leadership role in one of the teams? Apply here.
  3. Want to become a grunt and play in the battles with your favorite kit? Apply here.
Map download

You will find the Contact! map pack installer here.

Credits

We would like to give a huge thank you to all our technical, media and administrative contributors who have worked to realise this project!

Not to name everyone, but you know who you are, a huge thanks again for making this possible.

Last edited by temexter; 2019-01-11 at 19:23..
Old 2019-01-06, 21:28   #2
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: PRTA Presents: Contact! - A Project Reality Tournament

Nice work on setting this up! Looking forward to seeing the battles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by temexter View Post
We decided to create this tournament because, as some of you may know, the PRT has come to an end and will be ended indefinitely.
However, without sounding like a salty DEV, this isn't really true. There was never any official word that the tournament ended. There just wasn't a team willing to run it this time. Which is understandable. Maybe it will come back at some point (like it did for for C10 after a long hibernation), maybe it won't. But you can't claim things like indefinitely without asking the people who actually ultimately control the PRT: us. The community runs the PRT, so as long as there still is one, it can always come back

So with that out of the way, I'm happy to see a tournament being organised!The last PRTA tournaments were also very nice. Best of luck to the competing teams !

Last edited by Mineral; 2019-01-06 at 21:57..
Old 2019-01-07, 08:14   #3
Wicca
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineral View Post
Nice work on setting this up! Looking forward to seeing the battles!

However, without sounding like a salty DEV, this isn't really true. There was never any official word that the tournament ended. There just wasn't a team willing to run it this time. Which is understandable. Maybe it will come back at some point (like it did for for C10 after a long hibernation), maybe it won't. But you can't claim things like indefinitely without asking the people who actually ultimately control the PRT: us. The community runs the PRT, so as long as there still is one, it can always come back

So with that out of the way, I'm happy to see a tournament being organised!The last PRTA tournaments were also very nice. Best of luck to the competing teams !
Cheers, I really hope the PRT will come back next year.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-07, 09:15   #4
xpugur

damn.. i applied as grunt, but my nick was "xpugur" at the form, but my latest nick in game is "xpugur-TheTURK", hope it won't be problem ..we need more PR action

☾✫ TURK ☾✫
xpugur is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-07, 18:29   #5
selman

i am new at Pr but learned the in game mechanics. how can i join the Tournament???

and how works the rank system in this side?
selman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-07, 19:30   #6
Wicca
Supporting Member

Hey Selman,
Feel free to join by making a user on the prteamwork.com forums and using the form linked in the OP.

There is a general rank structure like this:

Commander
Squad Leader
Squad Member.

There is also multiple commanders, and Staff that work with the commander to produce intel, battleplans and work on administrative duties.

Looking forward to seeing you

Old 2019-01-10, 07:15   #7
selman

thank you for the help Wicca

but i didnt talk about the ingame ranks but for example you are a major general what is the purpose of being that?

and daaaamm you are a old player "2008"
selman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-10, 08:41   #8
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

That's just an indication of much you've spammed the forums.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-10, 20:56   #9
Wicca
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by selman View Post
thank you for the help Wicca

but i didnt talk about the ingame ranks but for example you are a major general what is the purpose of being that?

and daaaamm you are a old player "2008"
Yeah it means I am really good at PR :P

Old 2019-01-14, 15:58   #10
CAS_ual_TY
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicca View Post
Yeah it means I am really good at PR :P

As a squad leader and probably the best and most glorious military strategist and commander of all time I can only insist on everyone joining this tournament!

May the 2nd best team win (VOG will always be best)

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
contact, presents, project, prta, reality, tournament