project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
06 Apr 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2014-05-27, 07:08   #1
Three-o-One
Default Access to path denied (installation issue)

I just installed 1.2 seemingly without any problem. I can't start the game or manage my profile. I receive a critical error notification. Perhaps it has a simple fix that I'm not seeing. Any help is appreciated.
JB

Some specifics:

Code:
Project Reality Log File
prlauncher.exe started at: 2014-05-26T23:59:06

Critical Error: An unhandled exception has occured. Details are as follows:

Access to the path 'C:\Users\Jason B\Documents\ProjectReality\Profiles' is denied.

Further details can be found in the following file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Batt...prlauncher.log

Please report this error to the Project Reality Team, and include the log file in your report.

Visit Support Forum

> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Jason B\Documents\ProjectReality\Profiles' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at Reality.BF2.Settings.Global.CreateDefault()
   at PRLauncher.App.()
   at PRLauncher.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs )
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
Three-o-One is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 10:07   #2
[R-DEV]​LITOralis.nMd
Lead Support Technician
Supporting Member
Default Re: Access to path denied (installation issue)

Are you logged in with a Windows admin account?

It's as simple as what it says here,

C:\Users\Jason B\Documents\ProjectReality\Profiles directory needs to have the Read ONly option removed, so that PRBf2.exe and PRlauncher.exe can change files inside.

Go to 'C:\Users\Jason B\Documents\ProjectReality\Profiles' , right click it, Properties, Untick the Read Only Tickbox, click Apply.

Test PR.

-------

If that doesn't fix it,

Go to 'C:\Users\Jason B\Documents\ProjectReality\Profiles' , right click it, Properties, ->Security Tab.
You'll see your usergroups, you need to give Write access to ADmins, or Users, or Authenticated Users,

If logged in to windows as an Admin account,
In the list, Click the Edit bottom, click Administrators group, TICK the ALlow box for everything but 'Special Permissions', CLick Apply. Click Apply again if needed.

Test PR.

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
access, denied, installation, issue, path