project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
29 Jul 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2021-06-14, 18:49   #11
Grump/Gump.45

Default Re: Defense, the detriment to Teamwork?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitJK View Post
https://www.realitymod.com/manual/en/game_modes.html#advance-and-secure

It should always be priority to destroy enemy attack FOBs and keep yours alive as there is a component of attrition to defense. So briefly venturing out of cap to destroy enemy FOBs can be adviseable, especially if they just deployed (you saw the chopper land/crate drop) to destroy them before they can unfold.
I feel like the context in your mind is always one squad defends, which for easy capping on attack i agree with but its not so simple. There are steps and assessments to make, like one extra squad should pass through defense cap in the least when coming from a rear FOB. Another thing is our FOBs should be somewhat in direct line of the rear for the flags but not to be predictable. If a FOB is not in a connect the dot path like i saw in the Kuesarre, radio relay and airfield caps on Saaremaa. We were steam rolling but this one squad was at a FOB far south of objective and for us to win they needed to deviate 2 different travel directions. One to the back capped flag then 2nd to move up.

I have seen squads venture off to remove one known FOB while enemy moves in from another direction and unknown FOB. The distance of the FOB matters, anything less than 600 meters needs to be removed cause the time of enemy travel provides constant attack. For larger maps with bigger distances between cap zones all forces should pass through the defense cap on their way to attack to provide a barrier while they fight their way to cap. It depends how attacks go for enemy, some just try to move in dumb spots without thinking getting them shot. When they could shoot and move.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-14, 19:20   #12
LimitJK

Dude, good post. Clear and concise.

I mostly agree with you, having 2 squads in the area is often necessary, but focus (as a team) should be always on the attack (unless circumstances like assets etc dont allow for it).
One squad holds (doesnt have to be full), one squad roams.

Regarding your second paragraph, forcing all squads to push through the defense objective i disagree with.
There is usually too many directions the enemy could come from so tying up 8+ people for +10min with a dubious utility for the defense is a waste of time.

And thats what defense is all about. On most objectives defense will never hold forever, so its all about buying time for the attack.
Any squad hanging back have to be brought into the attack as fast as possible, be it heli or otherwise, to use that time window efficiently.

LimitJK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-14, 21:54   #13
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitJK View Post
Dude, good post. Clear and concise.

I mostly agree with you, having 2 squads in the area is often necessary, but focus (as a team) should be always on the attack (unless circumstances like assets etc dont allow for it).
One squad holds (doesnt have to be full), one squad roams.

Regarding your second paragraph, forcing all squads to push through the defense objective i disagree with.
There is usually too many directions the enemy could come from so tying up 8+ people for +10min with a dubious utility for the defense is a waste of time.

And thats what defense is all about. On most objectives defense will never hold forever, so its all about buying time for the attack.
Any squad hanging back have to be brought into the attack as fast as possible, be it heli or otherwise, to use that time window efficiently.
I just need a 2nd squad to pass on through and if they dont intercept any attackers they are free to move naturally. "Free to move" or "What dictates a situation" has no reference to my requests or orders, just the nature of situation. The people in the squad are looking for a fight anyways, but sometimes fighting while traveling can cut into time be used traveling to objective, enemies can be ignored at times or even left occupied with distracted attention.

Use problems you know for your team, like fighting off cap zones leading to lack of travel for attack, give that problem to enemy. Especially when enemies you are engaging are not in either defend or attack cap. I always try to ignore enemy contact outside of cap for my whole squad, its really like trying to get a kid to "stop poking at ants, lets get moving". A FOB or a few would be a good way to bait enemies off a flag as you did say you venture off for those.

Of course enemy will continue to travel if not intercepted. If the 2nd squad could make contact and bounce off that enemy. At least report enemy direction from the flag we have early warning and could send assets to intercept and eat of that squad. Everything needs to go into attack with player count for that ease. But for defense where always will be a last man standing, skills like camouflage, playing dead, baiting enemy by sound, firing and moving away to new areas in cap zone.

When you dont have numbers you need to rely more on individual skills that are good for repeat kills. Sometimes playing dead you get up, kill one, go back down and have a fresh body to hide in. Other times like that video i posted, they are coming one after the other and i need to finish all my food.. I have to eat it before it eats me, this is defense.
Old 2021-06-15, 17:08   #14
Cpt.Future
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
I know i have felt my enemy wanting to throw grenade, hide or advance, lots of options go through their feelings fast clouding the energy you need to feel. But once they commit to their choice you can feel it. When i search for enemy i scared into hiding, I feel he is trying to hide. I feel his fear, pre-fire possible hiding holes i feel their fear and anxiety increase but not in relation to location unless they are right there just out of view. Before the thought comes into your mind in words "I must throw a grenade" what is the feeling of those words in the raw energy? Energy is a language, there probably is an alien race out there that can telepathically communicate strong than i describe here. Maybe this is how we evolve it through our awareness of it. Over generations it could get stronger as it is a energetic electrical signal process traveling through neurotransmitters that evolve themselves over generations
That's called "game sense" and you get it simply by playing a game a lot. If you've been in the same situation a couple of times you can kinda predict what the other person is going to do. It's really not that deep.

Quote:
A building in the end everyone is cornered and some low angles cant be seen at all, other angles put you at great risk. Its like the arcade game whack-a-mole, where the mole pops out of the hole when you are in a building.
But that's the good thing about buildings: It's easier to isolate angles and there are less directions to worry about. E.g. sniping from deep inside a room is so much safer than sniping while being prone on a hilltop.

Quote:
I hate buildings, if we had 100% destructible environments you would too.
They aren't though, so I don't.

In most buildings, you are 100% safe from area attacks and mortars.

Cpt.Future is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-15, 18:40   #15
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Future View Post
That's called "game sense" and you get it simply by playing a game a lot. If you've been in the same situation a couple of times you can kinda predict what the other person is going to do. It's really not that deep.

But that's the good thing about buildings: It's easier to isolate angles and there are less directions to worry about. E.g. sniping from deep inside a room is so much safer than sniping while being prone on a hilltop.

When it comes to buildings i feel like every single window is just a picture on the wall for enemy to look at waiting for one of us to come into the picture. Inside of buildings have painted walls that highly contrast every single uniform in the game, makes you stand out. For snipers on hills, thats partially covered in Individual Fieldcraft for a brief second about how to look over the left or right side of a hill.
Old 2021-06-15, 19:55   #16
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Future View Post

We are all Ghosts.. i gave my squad the "ROCKSTAR" speech one time and it just worked. It kind of proves there is a spiritual world we cant depict, imagine or understand because our minds are trapped in a 4 dimensional world imagining terrain not of the physical. It is who you are without the body because you can speak without moving your mouth. Focus on what we are here first, not what comes next. First step is to develop self awareness to what "thinking" even is, you can think in words or feelings.

But what you are behind it, behind the body. The body can be killed but the self aware energy you are cannot be killed. The body dies, we never do. Say in your mind, in your being the word "ROCKSTAR".. without moving your mouth you say it in your mind. Now if you said "ROCKSTAR" to yourself, ask yourself "Who was that? What voice just spoke.". That voice doesnt die, no idea if it forgets language or not when we die and goes back to full time psychic telepathic energy communication. Like i said, we can only answer questions for here where our spiritual selves reside in these bodies here. The body is a limiting capsule, people claim to astral project their spirits or whatever. Even our vision is limited to the visible light area of electromagnetic spectrum. Accept these limits of body but find ways around them. You need to look deeper at what isnt actually that deep, just apply self awareness to it.

When 2 people think the same thing whether there is something or not to provoke the thoughts in room together, words cannot psychically transmit, but feelings can because we are energy on different frequencies. It takes self awareness and to accept, understand and listen to the feeling. Tested and observed this with my friend and his girlfriend, they do be thinking the same things but not when arguing in some situations. They need to use empathy, at least one does towards the other so they can think the same things together. He needs to understand why she upset and not be mad about it. Change the perception.

When both are calm they think same things so casually. You only really see it when they acknowledge "I was just thinking that same thing", "I was just about to do that" or they say something together at same time. But when one is sad/mad and the other is indifferent they are on different frequencies, only way to enter that sad or mad frequency is empathy of understanding why she is feeling that way and feeling it with her after seeing her perception. You cant be you when doing this, you need to forget you and see her perceptions. I stopped their arguing one day by explaining how to not feel hate/anger towards the other person they love. Just because you mad never say "I dont care", is it really too hard for both of them to see each others perception? Use your energy not to create energetic barriers, let it flow and get over your personal ego of your side for a few minutes. Not everything is physical. It actually aint that deep, its right in your body you possess.

Look at the true nature and leave just about any imaginative Hollywood special effects or script writing cause those depictions poison the minds less exciting image of all this, you need to accept its all not exciting and doesnt revolve around a main character except what the vibrational vocal chord languages call God. They think it goes like human society structures where God is king, God has a body. Its poison of false depictions. Forget Hollywood movies, ghosts being all scary. Never let no demon, devil or negative energy scare you, having you believe you are a body and not energy just like them. Keep evil in fear. Its very casually happening whether you know it or not. In the physical they call it electrical signals passing through the brains neurotransmitters producing different chemicals with different electrical conductivity. Adrenaline, serotonin, dopamine or any other number of endorphins. Thats the physical.

No need to get all excited about new discovery, but try to use it. This is one of first steps. Another would be mindfulness of the physical, relax your whole body and feel every tiny feeling including down to your feet on the floor inside your shoes, the heat or cold, air on your skin, hands resting on your body, weight of your head, bones in your body. Feel it all without touching it, just feel how existing physically feels like its suddenly strange to be in a body. Then feel for who you are inside as i described here, knowing the physical science of the brains "electrical" energy, divide all physical feelings from spiritual.
Old 2021-06-16, 16:26   #17
Brotherscompany
PR Server License Moderator

Thx for all you guys taking your time to participate in the thread, definitely a nice discussion with some topics l had overlooked or new ideas to think about.

I guess it really comes down to your SL play style and who you play with at the end of the day or if you want to call it experience.
I basically only SL with randoms and some players that regularly join my SQ. I dont try going for fancy new stuff, I stick to the basics and repeat them when it comes in defense in order for it to work with a pool of people that Im not familiar with without knowing what the outcome will be if I dont place them all in a key building ( especially when it comes to people giving up and not waiting for a Medic ) and I have found it to be the most regularly effective plan to take. I like to keep stuff somewhat simple and easy to carry out and react ( the fact that Im a Admin and Im usually paying attention to that stuff doesnt allow me to have 100% focus on the gameplay ).

The way my mind works when SL is moving from a series of points that are usually buildings/compounds/high ground/sneak routes that I know that will work until I reach my final goal while calling out orders and sometimes micromanaging. I guess that my mind just got shaped in that way when approaching defense as well, being harder to pull of the same kind of coordination in those situations, very interesting to see you your take in defense especially as offense well.

Sorry for not replying to any specific paragraph, read all of them think you guys pretty much explain and are able to transmit your ideas
Last edited by Brotherscompany; 2021-06-16 at 16:34..
Old 2021-06-16, 21:06   #18
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotherscompany View Post
Thx for all you guys taking your time to participate in the thread, definitely a nice discussion with some topics l had overlooked or new ideas to think about.

I guess it really comes down to your SL play style and who you play with at the end of the day or if you want to call it experience.
I basically only SL with randoms and some players that regularly join my SQ. I dont try going for fancy new stuff, I stick to the basics and repeat them when it comes in defense in order for it to work with a pool of people
Due to my personality while under stress, its hard for me to find people who come back... But thats because its hard for people to understand it and not take it personally. But this gets me some of the best people who can come back, they are understanding, they get just as mad, they like to learn, they like to teach. The skills and fancy stuff I like to try keeps them coming back, my name is very memorable and especially the guy that yelled at you one day.

I guess once they go through enough squad leaders getting yelled at, seeing their dumb crap for these new players they always come back to me. New players generally join my squad as first timers cause most others dont and they can tell just by squad name "1 per cover".. "1 per tree" that there is something more behind me. So it joys me to see them come full circle after going through so many squad leaders, they come back to me because they at least learn something and its good practice. Then they make new friends, find maybe a squad leader I taught. Once i teach them how to learn by demonstrating and explaining skills. Then they go on their way.