project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
06 May 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2021-02-08, 05:10   #1
jc3cf6
Default What I want in a modern battlefield style game

Alright so imagine this. A classic battlefield style game(more akin to 1942, 2 and 2142. Rather than modern frostbite engine bf games), set in modern day with all of PR’s current factions: US ARMY, USMC, British, Canadians, Netherlands, French, Germans, Polish, Russians, Chinese, Mec, insurgents, etc and new factions like Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Czechoslovakia, Venezuela, Iran and more. All using faction exclusive and appropriate weapons and assets. With universal unlocks and weapon and vehicle customization. Not like Tarkov. More like Battlefield 4 but expanded upon. That be the base/vanilla game. But the DLCs are set in the past and other areas. Imagine DLCs like WW1, WW2, Vietnam war, 1980’s Cold War gone HOT scenario. And a special forces type DLC and battles of the American homeland DLC. That be cool. I want that. No sorry I ain’t no video game developer. I don’t have the talent.
jc3cf6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-09, 17:38   #2
saXoni
Supporting Member
Default Re: What I want in a modern battlefield style game

I am imagining it. I like it. I want it too.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-20, 21:57   #3
SandyBrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc3cf6 View Post
Alright so imagine this. A classic battlefield style game(more akin to 1942, 2 and 2142. Rather than modern frostbite engine bf games), set in modern day with all of PR’s current factions: US ARMY, USMC, British, Canadians, Netherlands, French, Germans, Polish, Russians, Chinese, Mec, insurgents, etc and new factions like Spain, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Czechoslovakia, Venezuela, Iran and more. All using faction exclusive and appropriate weapons and assets. With universal unlocks and weapon and vehicle customization. Not like Tarkov. More like Battlefield 4 but expanded upon. That be the base/vanilla game. But the DLCs are set in the past and other areas. Imagine DLCs like WW1, WW2, Vietnam war, 1980’s Cold War gone HOT scenario. And a special forces type DLC and battles of the American homeland DLC. That be cool. I want that. No sorry I ain’t no video game developer. I don’t have the talent.
I think this is a great idea!I like it!
SandyBrown is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-20, 23:51   #4
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

So, basically Battlefield 2 with all of the mods it used to have: PR, USI, FH2, POE, AIX, IDF, OPK, BF:K only with some better graphics. Sounds like a dream game for me, I still remember the first time I discovered BF2 mods, it was US Intervention which led me to PR later on as it was part of Black Sand Studios. Damn, those were some times.

In-game: Cobra-PR
PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-22, 15:31   #5
_Gabo

In the end we hope that the new Battlefield will be the same as the Battlefield we've played for 16 years.
_Gabo is offline Reply With Quote