project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
03 Feb 2023, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-17, 14:43   #121
BroCop

Default Re: Stuff that makes us mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prevtzer View Post
Lol, you are clueless Croatia. Nobody wants to suffer the same consequences as the smoker because of passive smoking. Just because somebody chooses to destroy his own health for fun or whatever people 2-20m around him should not have to suffer. Even you banned smoking in enclosed spaces so wtf are you even talking about...
This is bloody bars, outdoor public places and other shit, not bloody elevators and other claustrophobic areas. I am fairly certain you can come up with a solution how to dodge it. The area around is more than just 20 sq. meters large. You worry about your own health, the dudes who dont care about theirs is something for them to consider.

As for the ban on smoking in this country...well the polls are at 50/50. During the implementation, the polls were actually in the negatives, nowadays they dont give a shit as the sanitation inspectors arent going out en masse anymore. You think I support the ban because some pencil pusher said we should support it? What you think this is? Slovenia?

Old 2013-11-17, 14:51   #122
Eddie Baker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeps View Post
Enlighten me on secondhand alcohol effects? Do I inhale toxins into my lungs when someone is drinking near me?
That depends on how much they drank, if they're a sweater and their general hygiene habits.

Other secondhand effects include spill, vomit, piss and, if you're really "lucky," possibly even shit stains with accompanying lingering odors on your property or property that it is your responsibility to clean. The latter situation results in the economic effect of understaffed positions and the mental health issues of suicidal and homicidal ideations among the remaining staff.
Old 2013-11-17, 14:56   #123
Prevtzer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshManDan View Post
Alcohol related deaths, whilst not direct, could still be avoided without Alcohol being available to people.

Drunk driving, Alcohol related violence and Rape are just the big three, there is a long list of stuff which could be cut down on without alcohol. I know rape isnt necessary to alcohol, but the chances rise dramatically when a female is intoxicated.
Drunk driving is a problem, but it's on a downfall. Rape has never been an alcohol related problem and is getting more and more ridicules. Sloot gets drunk, acts slooty, bangs random dude and then calls rape to make herself feel better is (way too many times) much closer to the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
This is bloody bars, outdoor public places and other shit, not bloody elevators and other claustrophobic areas. I am fairly certain you can come up with a solution how to dodge it. The area around is more than just 20 sq. meters large. You worry about your own health, the dudes who dont care about theirs is something for them to consider.

As for the ban on smoking in this country...well the polls are at 50/50. During the implementation, the polls were actually in the negatives, nowadays they dont give a shit as the sanitation inspectors arent going out en masse anymore. You think I support the ban because some pencil pusher said we should support it? What you think this is? Slovenia
wot?
Old 2013-11-17, 14:57   #124
Zimmer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
What the bloody hell does anybody gotta give shit about someone willing to risk cancer for their own joy?

Dont like smoke? Stay clear of it. You dont go with a crowd that smokes and then whine about how its disgusting. Banning shit only pisses off people. The only real solution would be to force the tobacco industry to change, as thats more viable than trying to get the consumer to change.
Banning stuff does not piss people off stupid banning pisses people off, the countries who have banned smoking inside in public places even if people where saying its the end of bars and so on has gotten wrong it was possibly around 50/50 here in Norway when the ban first came out now its upto 90% approval or something the same in for example ireland I believe. You cant really go any place to enjoy a beer without some dude smoking in your face and your clothes needs to get washed every fucking time because they smell like smoke when you come home after a night out now that I live in Eastern europe.

People don't realize that autism doesn't mean they're "stupid". Just socially inept. Like rhino... > > or in a worst case scenario... Wicca. =)- Lithium fox
I found this sentence quite funny and since this is a war game forum I will put it here. No offense to the french just a good laugh.
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."
Old 2013-11-17, 15:22   #125
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

Quote:
Drunk driving is a problem, but it's on a downfall. Rape has never been an alcohol related problem and is getting more and more ridicules. Sloot gets drunk, acts slooty, bangs random dude and then calls rape to make herself feel better is (way too many times) much closer to the truth.
While that may be true in some cases, to say its never been a part of a rape is ridiculous.

For many years rapists have been clearly defined criminals, not just men in a situation where a woman is willing to have sex with them. House parties are common, women get drunk and men get drunk, so the men think the women want to have sex with them. In fact they don't and say no but the men continue. Ive seen this at many house parties especially younger ones.

Usually women may seem more outgoing but when the moment comes to actually have sex they say no because their actual instincts take over from the alcohol induced state., but a man then continues. That's rape.

Hell to take it to a more criminal standpoint where there is a clearly defined border between right/wrong, women who walk home from nightclubs are well known to be preyed upon. Sure they look hot, and they are drunk, so "predators" for lack of a better word, prey on them and rape them. If the women wasnt drunk she may be more aware of her surroundings and be less likely to go into these areas.
Old 2013-11-17, 15:25   #126
Prevtzer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshManDan View Post
While that may be true in some cases, to say its never been a part of a rape is ridiculous.

For many years rapists have been clearly defined criminals, not just men in a situation where a woman is willing to have sex with them. House parties are common, women get drunk and men get drunk, so the men think the women want to have sex with them. In fact they don't and say no but the men continue. Ive seen this at many house parties especially younger ones.

Usually women may seem more outgoing but when the moment comes to actually have sex they say no because their actual instincts take over from the alcohol induced state., but a man then continues. That's rape.

Hell to take it to a more criminal standpoint where there is a clearly defined border between right/wrong, women who walk home from nightclubs are well known to be preyed upon. Sure they look hot, and they are drunk, so "predators" for lack of a better word, prey on them and rape them. If the women wasnt drunk she may be more aware of her surroundings and be less likely to go into these areas.
I agree, but alcohol really isn't the problem here.
Old 2013-11-17, 15:44   #127
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

yes, the problem are the fucktards that use it as an excuse to do stupid shit.
Old 2013-11-17, 16:06   #128
WelshManDan
Supporting Member

Quote:
I agree, but alcohol really isn't the problem here.
That was just the indirect effects of alcohol, how about its effect on body composition, the depressant effects of it, heightened chance of cancer, the general destruction of your liver and the risk of diabetes? Yeah, its not a problem at all.

Im a drinker myself, but personally if I can have alcohol, Smokers can have cigarettes. I mean, they have outdoor smoking areas anyway, there is no need to outright ban cigarettes. Like there is even a chance they would get rid of such a high capital income for the government.
Old 2013-11-17, 16:22   #129
karambaitos

Send a message via MSN to karambaitos

you know it is possible to drink alcohol without getting shitfaced, just putting that out there.

There is only one unforgivable lie That is the lie that says, This is the end, you are the conqueror, you have achieved it and now all that remains is to build walls higher and shelter behind them. Now, the lie says, the world is safe.? The Great Khan.

40k is deep like that.
Old 2013-11-17, 17:03   #130
Spec
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

Gentlemen, I think the line from "listing things that make you mad" to "discussing political topics" has been crossed a few posts ago. New thing that makes you mad, now, please. Or make a smoking / alcohol thread in the Debate forum.

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!

Tags
mad, makes, stuff