project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
26 Nov 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2013-09-16, 16:41   #11
Wheres_my_chili

Default Re: MEC? still there?

Cause nobody has made them yet. But hey, Iranian army has already been started up, why not start there?
Wheres_my_chili is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 16:49   #12
BroCop

The COMFAC is dead and has been dead for over a year and IIRC they havent even produced much except for the Khaybar which I am not even sure it was finished

Last edited by BroCop; 2013-09-16 at 16:55..
Old 2013-09-16, 17:38   #13
Frontliner
Project Reality Beta Tester

Problem is that the armies in that region, bar perhaps the Saudi Arabian one, is no real contender against every other regular force currently in the game. So, in order to create a faction that can compete with the US etc., some(or more) liberties are taken. Tbh, I would rather see some existing factions getting their assets completed, compared to the "old factions" some of the "newer" regular armies sport only bare-bone equipment, Germany e.g. lacks their version of the CROWS HMMWV(called Dingo), and has no real APC, so the Puma has to work overtime. I'm guessing this is the same for other armies, but I cannot be sure.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 17:46   #14
No_Surrender
Supporting Member

Im against renaming the MEC faction with a real country name. MEC faction is a iconic of BF2 and even PR, and over the years it have grown its own unique personality, and thats mainly because its a fictional faction.
No_Surrender is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 17:46   #15
[R-DEV]​Rhino
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
Problem is that the armies in that region, bar perhaps the Saudi Arabian one, is no real contender against every other regular force currently in the game. So, in order to create a faction that can compete with the US etc., some(or more) liberties are taken. Tbh, I would rather see some existing factions getting their assets completed, compared to the "old factions" some of the "newer" regular armies sport only bare-bone equipment, Germany e.g. lacks their version of the CROWS HMMWV(called Dingo), and has no real APC, so the Puma has to work overtime. I'm guessing this is the same for other armies, but I cannot be sure.
Iran have a pretty formidable force, and Oman and the UAE have things like Challenger 2Es, Tornados etc but they wouldn't realistically be part of an alliance that was up against the west

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 18:24   #16
Bellator

Meh. I like MEC. Its nice to have some legacies from BF2 for nostalgia's sakes.

And I like their weapons especially, G3s, MG3 + lots of Russian vehicles. Any real ME army would be just another kalashnikov army and we have enough of those.
Bellator is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 18:24   #17
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by hussamsoft View Post
No. I meant conventional armies (such as: Iran, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Moroco, Saudi-arabia....... and other armed forces of countries some consider "third world")
You are aware there is a Syrian comfac right?

AfSoccer "I just don't see the natural talent."
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 18:50   #18
СпецнаЗ-TUR

TURKEY !?!? People think carefully... Turkey and Saudi Arabia is looks so weird for a Force as MEC. Iran, Syria and Pakistan could be better That countries have so close relationships and have so same equipments
СпецнаЗ-TUR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 19:28   #19
Turkish007

Dontput Turkey in that, because we arent Arabs! Ugh, I hate it when people think Turkey is same of Arabian countries!

We dont speak their language, we are NOT from Middle East, we are from Central Asia, and we are secular unlike them.

And If you add Turkey in the alliance, I wouldnt have a chance to implement Turkish Army.
Turkish007 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 19:56   #20
hussamsoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellator View Post
Any real ME army would be just another kalashnikov army and we have enough of those.
ahh thats incorrect in many ways, I'm from Jordan (an arab country and obviously in the middle east) and it's main weaponary is US-British, it is the only country in the world which currently operates the battle proven Challenger 1 tank, with many other assets that is simply not in PR, same for egyptian army for another example (specially with domestic versions of tanks and rifles and such) so it actually adds some more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
You are aware there is a Syrian comfac right?
I guess so, however I didn't focus on syria, that wasn't my point i just brought it up as an example

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish007 View Post
Dontput Turkey in that, because we arent Arabs! Ugh, I hate it when people think Turkey is same of Arabian countries!

We dont speak their language, we are NOT from Middle East, we are from Central Asia, and we are secular unlike them.

And If you add Turkey in the alliance, I wouldnt have a chance to implement Turkish Army.
Relax friend, you are right in every word, turkish people are not arabic in the roots they dont speak arabic they are not from the middle east, and here I'm not trying to include any country in an alliance or something, and sure I would love to see the turkish army in PR so I can play alongside with our turkish brothers

hussamsoft is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
mec