project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
29 May 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2021-09-26, 15:54   #1
dcm
Default Appropriate replacement for MEC battle rifles

Not a Suggestion!

It sucks being forced to use battle rifles in PR. High recoil, not enough damage or ammo. Useless in full auto. Being forced to use them in semi auto is even worse. Yes I know some people are in love battle rifles and swear by them, but overall the concept of the battle rifle has been outdated since 1947.

Hypothetically what would be a good weapons platform to replace the MEC's battle rifles? I was thinking the vanilla BF2 MEC got it right with the AK101. A 5.56 russian made AK would be an appropriate replacement for the big slow heavy G3. Coupled with a 5.56 RPK or PKM for the automatic rifleman. And an AK102 carbine for rear line troops like HAT and Crewman. It would suck losing the MG3 and MP5 but it's a tradeoff I'm willing to make for better combat capability for all other kits.

What do you guys think?
dcm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-26, 17:36   #2
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Default Re: Appropriate replacement for MEC battle rifles

If you say it's not a suggestion but then you make a suggestion anyways, doesn't that make it a suggestion?

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-26, 18:14   #3
dcm

I'm only soliciting community ideas, to gauge the popularity and feasibility of such an idea.
Old 2021-09-27, 00:06   #4
BigBigMonkeyMan
Supporting Member

Nah keep the G3. More AK variants would suck.

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our independence day!"
BigBigMonkeyMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-27, 13:51   #5
Coalz101

Maybe KH-2002, not enough bullpups in the game. But Its up to the community to make it, I'm not interesting in modelling so don't ask me. I'm just giving ideas.

Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-27, 14:02   #6
InfantryGamer42

Tbh there is none.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-27, 23:03   #7
dio_brando4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm View Post
Not a Suggestion!

It sucks being forced to use battle rifles in PR. High recoil, not enough damage or ammo. Useless in full auto. Being forced to use them in semi auto is even worse. Yes I know some people are in love battle rifles and swear by them, but overall the concept of the battle rifle has been outdated since 1947.

Hypothetically what would be a good weapons platform to replace the MEC's battle rifles? I was thinking the vanilla BF2 MEC got it right with the AK101. A 5.56 russian made AK would be an appropriate replacement for the big slow heavy G3. Coupled with a 5.56 RPK or PKM for the automatic rifleman. And an AK102 carbine for rear line troops like HAT and Crewman. It would suck losing the MG3 and MP5 but it's a tradeoff I'm willing to make for better combat capability for all other kits.

What do you guys think?
I'd rather keep the G3 until MEC gets split off into it's proper factions. As it stands, it's appropriate for a faction with lots of Iranian inspiration.
G3 is my favorite gun in game that isn't a MG. It's accurate, powerful, with the trade off being weaker performance in CQB.
Also, while there is an RPK-74M chambered in 5.56x45mm NATO called the RPK-201, no middle eastern nation uses them to my knowledge.
dio_brando4 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-28, 01:29   #8
dcm

But the mec dont even speak farsi. Hell I wouldn't mind if the mec had some sort of AK variant. Any AK variant at this point. I love the syrian rebels because they're the closest to my ideal vision of a proper middle eastern faction.

If the mec ever get split into two factions. I'd love it if one version of the faction used old school russian small arms. They'd need scoped; AKM, RPK, and PKM to really make them a proper faction. Forget the makarov though give them a hi-power.
Old 2021-09-28, 19:51   #9
InfantryGamer42

Quote:
But the mec dont even speak farsi.
True, but they are largely based on Iranian army.

Quote:
Hell I wouldn't mind if the mec had some sort of AK variant.
There were plans for SAA faction as part of Syrian Civil War mod? (project?) which would have AKs. In same time, MEC got new skins to get them closer to irl SAA.

Personally, I would not mind some experimentation whit scopes on G3. Everybody having marksman scope does sound silly.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-28, 19:56   #10
dio_brando4

Quote:
But the mec dont even speak farsi. Hell I wouldn't mind if the mec had some sort of AK variant. Any AK variant at this point. I love the syrian rebels because they're the closest to my ideal vision of a proper middle eastern faction.

If the mec ever get split into two factions. I'd love it if one version of the faction used old school russian small arms. They'd need scoped; AKM, RPK, and PKM to really make them a proper faction. Forget the makarov though give them a hi-power.
But they're equipped as Iranians.
G3's, MG3's, MP5's, Boragh's, Milan's, T-72S's, copies of the SIG P226, FV-101's, all notable equipment of the Iranian Army.
dio_brando4 is offline Reply With Quote