project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
25 May 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2015-08-16, 19:25   #31
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

Default Re: FPS problem?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysin View Post
a lot of really talented people
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbdfja3qtbY
That is from a minimod Combined Arms if I'm not wrong. Would be cool to have some of those features in PR, but nowadays it'll be too much of an overkill with so many assets.

In-game: Cobra-PR
PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-22, 12:47   #32
jcvjcvjcvjcv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaiper View Post
And I'm dumbfounded. How? i5 2500k is very much equivalent to FX-6300/6350, yet I fail to have 60+ FPS at all times.

No, your FX-6300 isn't anywhere close to the 2500K. No matter how many slow cores you stick on it, single-core performance matters.

See;
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

This is the same in many other games; Forged Alliance Forever is the same; AMD is useless there in bigger games becaues it sucks on single-core performance. Good thing about PR is that only the AMD users themself suffer, instead of everyone (as in FAF).

Your FX-6300 from 2013 is closer to an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 from 2008 than it is to the 2500K from 2011

It's the sad reality of AMD on gaming rigs; olders games run very slow, and if you have a budget rig, you're not likely to profit from the bigger amount of cores anyway, because you probably have a slow GPU to go with the budget CPU.

At least if you buy a cheap Intel system you get plenty of single-core performance. Single-core, even a recent Celeron can get equal to the fastests AMD, lol.
jcvjcvjcvjcv is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-22, 15:51   #33
PolishKruk
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvjcvjcvjcv View Post
At least if you buy a cheap Intel system you get plenty of single-core performance. Single-core, even a recent Celeron can get equal to the fastests AMD, lol.
That is such flawed logic. Entirely missing the point of multi-core processors. No single core, single thread processor will ever match what a multi-core processor can do in terms of real life computing.

But on topic, guys post your full PC specs, maybe there is something else holding you back because I have zero issues with framerate in this game even on max in 1080 and I am using a "trash" amd processor.

Everybody fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
PolishKruk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 12:34   #34
jcvjcvjcvjcv

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishKruk View Post
That is such flawed logic. Entirely missing the point of multi-core processors. No single core, single thread processor will ever match what a multi-core processor can do in terms of real life computing.

But on topic, guys post your full PC specs, maybe there is something else holding you back because I have zero issues with framerate in this game even on max in 1080 and I am using a "trash" amd processor.
If the main thing you do is 8+ year old games that depend on single-core performance, the additional 2 / 4 / 6 cores of an AMD won't help you. Such games are very much real life computing. But yeah, you can get equal with a fast Celeron.
Last edited by jcvjcvjcvjcv; 2015-08-23 at 12:53..

Tags
fps, problem