project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
30 Jun 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2013-02-06, 20:17   #11
Rabbit

Default Re: The Great Atmosphere on some pr-maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot Jimmy View Post
Our sight and hearing are the 2 biggest senses we have but to me sound is definately number one. Out of interest though do people feel its a better experience with headphones? I thought about it at 3 this morning when I realised I had it pretty loud on speakers.
Actually Smell, anyway..... Headphones are nice as they help reduce noises around you, but usually they are not as high quality as speakers, at least mine are not.

AfSoccer "I just don't see the natural talent."
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 20:37   #12
Adriaan
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Speakers and headphones offer different experiences, but I wouldn't rate one above the other. There are quality speakers and quality headphones just as there poor speakers and poor headphones. Overall I usually prefer headphones for listening music, with the sound seemingly being 'inside' your head, while speakers perhaps give a more ambient experience (a sense of place). Considering that, I'd prefer speakers while playing PR (especially with surround sound), but due to practicality (speakers causing nuisance, not hearing voice comms as clearly) I usually use a headset.

Adriaan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 21:12   #13
K4on
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

speakers! i like the wobbling on the entire desk, while a tanks drives in front of me.
feels so awesome.

so yeah, have a mix of both: headset plays PRMumble voices, while my speakers play the bf2 sounds.

K4on is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 21:22   #14
Hotshot Jimmy

Ye thats the setup most FSX users go with. I think it would be speakers then anything late(er) probably move to headphones. It was difficult hearing when someone needed me but I suppose that adds to the realism actually.
Hotshot Jimmy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 09:00   #15
risegold8929

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]K4on View Post
speakers! i like the wobbling on the entire desk, while a tanks drives in front of me.
feels so awesome.

so yeah, have a mix of both: headset plays PRMumble voices, while my speakers play the bf2 sounds.
Do you set up the speakers for BF2 Noise in BF2 itself (Audio options) or somewhere else while keeping Headset on PRMumble?

CrazyHotMilf: can you release PR 1.0 today cause its my birthday and i want to play it ? because its gonna be very nice and every thing
risegold8929 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 09:11   #16
KaB
Retired PR Developer

Have you noticed the difference of the sky between Goose Green and other map such as Al Basrah ?

In Al Basrah, you feel the sky is stopped way before the horizon, and then start a big cloud of sand all around you which easily makes you becoming claustrophobic. I have to say that the less this sand cloud is big on a map, the more I enjoy playing it.

I suppose that's what Davos wanted to say.
KaB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 09:43   #17
Stemplus

I think beirut has the most claustrophobic sky in PR. Talking about beirut, just a few days ago me and about 10 other guys were running from the city center to the harbor using the ledge under the bridge. It felt so amazing, like a cutscene, RPGs were flying from one side of the bridge to the other, PKMs were suppressing the building, boats were landing on the shore, and the whole feel that we had 50 meters of air right below us. Even a cow got shot down right in front of us, and thanks to the new vehicle disabling system it looked extremely realistic with all the flares, smoke, fire, and... chopper falling into the ocean.

Believe me, every map in PR can have a great atmosphere, you just need to be in the right place and time

Stemplus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 11:23   #18
K4on
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by risegold8929 View Post
Do you set up the speakers for BF2 Noise in BF2 itself (Audio options) or somewhere else while keeping Headset on PRMumble?
BF2 uses the standard output, which are my speakers (setable in windows for example)
My headphones are activated at the same time, but not as the standart audio output.

In Mumble, you can choose your audio output, so I set my headphones there.
I have an Asus Phoebus Soundcard, where I have multiple output possibilities.

K4on is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
atmosphere, great, prmaps