project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
17 Aug 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 08-12-2018, 04:01 AM   #1
Undermun
Default Test Bootcamp by standard in game

On large or small communitys training is really important, especially in PR. Currentely trainings are done on coop or private servers. Coop is not a great solution but it's the most acessible. Private servers are great but the problem is simple: all maps are not suitable for training. So i alwais have to improvise, then i remember about the map Test Bootcamp wich is downloadable. The map is great, it with RCON and it's simply perfection. BUT the problem is simple: the people being trained are rookies, and they don't know or is too stuggle to get everyone ready to go. Instructors can't wast two hours of time and pacience for that.

My suggestion is simple, it's add the map officialy to the game. If the map by standard is there, well... perfect.
Undermun is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 05:18 AM   #2
GAJAN

Default Re: Test Bootcamp by standard in game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undermun View Post
On large or small communitys training is really important, especially in PR. Currentely trainings are done on coop or private servers. Coop is not a great solution but it's the most acessible. Private servers are great but the problem is simple: all maps are not suitable for training. So i alwais have to improvise, then i remember about the map Test Bootcamp wich is downloadable. The map is great, it with RCON and it's simply perfection. BUT the problem is simple: the people being trained are rookies, and they don't know or is too stuggle to get everyone ready to go. Instructors can't wast two hours of time and pacience for that.

My suggestion is simple, it's add the map officialy to the game. If the map by standard is there, well... perfect.
Yea but with main menu button which automaticaly puts player onto map.
GAJAN is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 11:44 AM   #3
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Wont be happening. Those are test maps and we use them as such. if we had to take care that it stays usable for public use, it would add a lot of work for us.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:56 PM   #4
Undermun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
Wont be happening. Those are test maps and we use them as such. if we had to take care that it stays usable for public use, it would add a lot of work for us.
I am not insisting, just curious. Would be possible a simpler version of the map for public release? By simpler i mean a version with only two factions and a few common vehicles like jeeps and mec inf apcs(brdm, boragh,etc), just for basic infantry training. It would be a separated version from the dev testing purposes map.
Undermun is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bootcamp, game, standard, test