project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
17 Aug 2018, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Forum RulesDeveloper Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2018, 07:05 AM   #1
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Default Vehicle damage system

Please leave feedback regarding the changes to the vehicle damage system. You can read about the changes here

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 07:10 AM   #2
Raidonrai
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Vehicle damage system

Got LAT'd in the side in T-90 on Falcon, gun got disabled.

Got AP'd once in the front in T-90 on Falcon, gun got disabled.

Feel like both of those situations shouldn't happen. A single LAT shot anywhere on a tank should never have a chance of disabling anything. Once you start getting to 3+ strong LAT shots to the side/rear is when it should become possible on a tank. Don't think it really needs explaining why a single AP shell to the front of a tank disabling the gun is bad for gameplay.

imo for APCs it should be

Front: Medium chance of disabling gun, no chance of tracking
Side: High chance of disabling gun, low chance of tracking
Back: Guarantee of disabling gun, high chance of tracking
Last edited by Raidonrai; 08-11-2018 at 07:15 AM..
Old 08-11-2018, 09:13 AM   #3
Hunter291

I think the chances of being tracked or disabled is way to high. I think 40% at 50% would be nice
Hunter291 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 03:26 PM   #4
DogACTUAL

I tested this shit a lot on training server with friends. We tried it many times and when we fired 1 AP at undamaged MBT frontal armour around one third of them disabled the gun, while tracking rarely happened. Two AP to the front resulted in about half of the tanks getting gun disabled but again tracking almost never happened.

We also tested LAT to MBT side armour, gun was disabled a few times but it didn't happen as often as people claim.

Imo tracking should happen a bit more often and gun disabling should happen a bit less, let them meet closer to the middle somewhere.

My role models:Frontliner: For his mastery and regular seamless use of the strawman argument. Expert Pokemon Go player and authority on all things military, including all current branches and weapon systems. All around military badass and tactical genius, always has by his side his most potent weapon, the Reibert. Maybe one day i will join the Bundeswehr and become like him. *_* fecht_niko: For his extraordinary ability to throw around incoherent insults without any indication of self irony.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 04:55 PM   #5
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer

Yea we're adjusting it a bit to that direction
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 06:41 PM   #6
Carti

For me it felt fine. But I understand what DogActual is saying as well.
Carti is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 05:48 PM   #7
Carti

Tested it more and I think the chance of your gun getting disabled should be a bit lower. But other than that its great.
Carti is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
damage, system, vehicle