project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
19 Jul 2019, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2018-07-15, 20:01   #1
ALADE3N
Project Reality Beta Tester

Default Coop map crashes when bots fire specific gun to a vehicle

So , i had this problem weeks ago.. Been discussed this with Alon and he said that the crash specified in the dmp file points out to "weapon objects" , "weapon rules for AI" , and "weaponInfo" . So this particular problem/crash just triggers when Bots fire a AT(panzerfaust and panzerschreck from prww2) to a vehicle that is on critical condition, when the AT projectile is about to reach the vehicle the game crashes. Anyone ever experienced this one? or is it just that the prww2 guns back in the Beta stage is not AI friendly?

ALADE3N is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-16, 05:19   #2
Veterans-Gaming
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Veterans-Gaming
Default Re: Coop map crashes when bots fire specific gun to a vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeneraLuna View Post
Anyone ever experienced this one? or is it just that the prww2 guns back in the Beta stage is not AI friendly?
Yes. All the time.

It is one of the key reasons for server crashes. There are others, AFAIK many of them involve the bots grabbing kits or using weapons that have been changed from the vanilla BF2 to the PR Mod.

Veterans-Gaming is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-16, 06:09   #3
ALADE3N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veterans-Gaming View Post
Yes. All the time.

It is one of the key reasons for server crashes. There are others, AFAIK many of them involve the bots grabbing kits or using weapons that have been changed from the vanilla BF2 to the PR Mod.
It really crashes the game when the bot fires the killing blow to the vehicle.

Old 2018-07-16, 11:37   #4
MaxP

Also, there is a problem with the Al Khidir bridge on khamisiyah.
When the bots tries to fire from the AT weapon to the vehicle that is on the bridge, the game crashes.

On 64-layer it appears rarely, but every round on 16 (if you place the vehicles on the map).
Last edited by MaxP; 2018-07-16 at 12:47..
Old 2018-07-16, 13:11   #5
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
So , i had this problem weeks ago.. Been discussed this with Alon and he said that the crash specified in the dmp file points out to "weapon objects" , "weapon rules for AI" , and "weaponInfo" . So this particular problem/crash just triggers when Bots fire a AT(panzerfaust and panzerschreck from prww2) to a vehicle that is on critical condition, when the AT projectile is about to reach the vehicle the game crashes. Anyone ever experienced this one? or is it just that the prww2 guns back in the Beta stage is not AI friendly?
Yes, PR:WW2 guns were not AI friendly due to lack of AI code. All of these are already fixed for the WW2 release that's planned for v1.6

Simple fix is changing the ObjectTemplate.aiTemplate of the weapons (.tweak) into a valid one from objects_weapons_server.zip Panzerfaust and Panzershreck can use the RPG AI as an example. Of course the beta is not supported so just in case, back up the .zip file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxP View Post
Also, there is a problem with the Al Khidir bridge on khamisiyah.
When the bots tries to fire from the AT weapon to the vehicle that is on the bridge, the game crashes.

On 64-layer it appears rarely, but every round on 16 (if you place the vehicles on the map).
Which AT weapon? Is it the stationary/fixed AT?

Arab is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-16, 14:32   #6
MaxP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arab View Post
Can't say about the stationary ones, but handheld AT weapons of any type causes CTD.

On the other hand, the bombs dropped on vehicles that is on the bridge doesn't cause any problem.

I think the problems is near the bridge objects, 'cause I had some CTDs ("Ghost manager") on Al Basrah (after googling out this problems I found that some people had a similar CTD on server too). When I deleted some csb objects and bridges, I didn't see any.
MaxP is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-16, 15:37   #7
ALADE3N

Quote:
Yes, PR:WW2 guns were not AI friendly due to lack of AI code. All of these are already fixed for the WW2 release that's planned for v1.6

Simple fix is changing the ObjectTemplate.aiTemplate of the weapons (.tweak) into a valid one from objects_weapons_server.zip Panzerfaust and Panzershreck can use the RPG AI as an example. Of course the beta is not supported so just in case, back up the .zip file.

so aiTemplate is what is messing the killing blows to the vehicles by the panzerfaust and schreks?

Old 2018-07-17, 18:23   #8
ALADE3N

So i tried to replace the itemplate but it still crashes the game when the pazerfaust/panzerschreck projectile is about to impact and kill the low health vehicle.

Old 2018-07-17, 22:46   #9
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
So i tried to replace the itemplate but it still crashes the game when the pazerfaust/panzerschreck projectile is about to impact and kill the low health vehicle.
When you kill it, does it crash?

Arab is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-18, 03:51   #10
ALADE3N

Quote:
When you kill it, does it crash?
when I kill the tank with the specific weapon, it doesn't. But , when the bots do.

Tags
bots, coop, crashes, fire, gun, map, specific, vehicle