project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
07 Dec 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2020-07-10, 16:43   #1
captainfuture

Default Mumble key binding

Since 15 years i used to have a shortcut for mumble talking:
Mousewheel pressed (key: M:Buttons2) in combination with f.e. "1" on the keyboard (key: K1) to adress Squad 1 when I am a squadleader.

Since 1.6 it seems I have to keybind that in the launcher and cannot just do the keybinding within mumble which worked well for me the last 15 years.

When I do so in the launcher I have to select "Apply" afterwards for storing the keybinding settings. This leads to a change and it will save K4 instead of M:Buttons2 thus leading to the wrong shortcut K1+K4.

Any idea how to solve that?

Also I can tell that the launcher always changes the sequence and records K1+M:Buttons2 while I inserted M:Buttons2+K1 thus leading to K1+K4 when pressing "Apply" as described above.

captainfuture (formerly known as tfdno31)
captainfuture is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-29, 19:13   #2
Alaska
Default Re: Mumble key binding

I've been having the same issue the last several months and haven't found a good alternative keybinding.

I play on a laptop without a numpad and so I've usually used Mouse4 + 1-9 to speak to squad leaders 1-9 but since the launcher key binds take precedence now over mumble key binds, I haven't been able to get it to register mouse4 as the first part of a combination keybind,

In effect "1 + mouse4" works, but not "mouse4 + 1" obviously this is problematic because then it messes with my inventory selection and makes me switch away from my primary or whatever.

I guess I'm wondering if there's a way to make the launcher recognize mouse keys being pressed first in a combination keybind, or if there's a way to fix it so that mumble keybinds work over the launcher ones again?

If neither of these are possible is there a way we could enter some sort of manual config file to change the order ourselves using something like notepad++?

Thanks,

Alaska.
Alaska is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-30, 05:43   #3
Iguanadjy

I also have no numpad on my keyboard I used the combination Shift + 1-9 and it works without any problems

Supporting this game since 0.6 Never gonna give up!
Iguanadjy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-03, 00:15   #4
Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguanadjy View Post
I also have no numpad on my keyboard I used the combination Shift + 1-9 and it works without any problems
I'll try that out. How do you access field dressings on kits where they're not visible on the scroll wheel menu? Or does it not suppress 1-9?
Alaska is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-03, 04:56   #5
Iguanadjy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
I'll try that out. How do you access field dressings on kits where they're not visible on the scroll wheel menu? Or does it not suppress 1-9?
Just Press 8 or 9

Supporting this game since 0.6 Never gonna give up!
Iguanadjy is offline Reply With Quote