project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
27 Jul 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2015-03-04, 09:20   #1061
Jolly

Default Re: Walking Dead (TV Show)

They are too weak.

Jolly, you such a retard.
Jolly is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 20:22   #1062
matty1053

Are they still in Georgia? or did they move out to another state? (Sorry, I could have missed it).

DETROIT TIGERS
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-04, 21:13   #1063
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty1053 View Post
Are they still in Georgia? or did they move out to another state? (Sorry, I could have missed it).
Outside Washington

AfSoccer "I just don't see the natural talent."
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 05:43   #1064
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Ninja2dan View Post
Although I appreciate the show introducing new characters and locations, I feel like we're going to have another Farm/Woodbury/Prison/etc on our hands. There will be internal conflicts, which weakens the community, just in time for some great big outside threat to come and tear shit up. They'll spend a few episodes trying to figure out how to hold out, and most likely will have to leave yet again.

Or at least that's how I see things playing out, unless the writers can pull their heads out of their asses and actually put some thought and innovation into their scripts and do something new.

We already know that numbnuts ex-ROTC is going to cause some problems because he thinks he's the big badass of the village, and is now threatened by the fact that even a few girls and a skinny asian kid are more badass than he really is. Will the gimp kill off mamma in an attempt to take over as the new supreme ruler?

And yet another abusive redneck-looking husband, who will probably get jealous of Rick and decide to start some trouble. Maybe Rick will end up biting his face off after a street brawl, or maybe he'll kill his wife and try to frame Rick for it. Or maybe they'll become friends, and fist-bump over a cold beer.

Oh yeah, and ooooohhhhh, scary...someone is out there, watching, waiting, and stealing Rick's blender gun. Who be lurkin' in them woods? Maybe it was the loner girl who snuck over the wall, she's a clepto that hoards pistols. Maybe there's a new breed of zombie that knows how to use a gat?

Seriously though, I have a feeling we're going to be seeing some stuff come up that feels a lot like repeats of past seasons. I hope I'm wrong.
^ This, all of it.

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Jaymz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 15:29   #1065
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

^ Yeah I had the same suspicion as well.

And funny thing is...

Quote:
The Walking Dead?s season five finale will be an extended 90-minute episode airing March 29 at 9 p.m., AMC announced Wednesday. In the finale, Daryl finds himself in trouble while out on the run. Meanwhile, in Alexandria, Rick and his group continue to feel like outsiders as danger lurks near the gates.
http://uproxx.com/tv/2015/03/walking...season-finale/

We need to make ourselves the question though. What else is there to it?
For the group to keep on moving there needs to be a strong reason for such. They need to settle periodically after all. Unrealistic would be not to. We had community vs community fights and horde of zombies being the main cause. So yeah, what else can they come up with?

Honestly, they need to find something akeen to The Last of Us story which drive the characters looking for more than just a stronghold. It's true that you don't see the characters having real life behavior and scavenging that much, but to me it feels that no one wants to see a DayZ experience over and over for the same reasons listed above. Perhaps a solution is to either rescale the community hubs in the west coast and give more protagonism to humans rather than walkers - the show made a poor attempt at convincing that the latter are a threat - or see them get the hell out of the US in a very long trip for wtv reason (even if it's the good cliche search for a cure).

Last edited by [R-COM]Arc_Shielder; 2015-03-05 at 15:48..
Old 2015-03-05, 16:41   #1066
Psyko

damn, Ninja, i hope you are wrong, but i know you are so right.

Why is Norman Reedus doing press all of a sudden, and none of the other cast members are?
For weeks his facebook page shows off him on the covers of girly glossy mags as a hollywood heartthrob. Like he's in a Boyzone video, open shirt bare chest black and white grainy beach shots.
Now he is on Conan...also his character in show is sort of in denial, breaking down a little, going off on his own, having moments, and the abnormal amount of dialogue he has this season "you look ridiculous" stuck with me.
IMO Looks like Daryl is gonna bite it this season, but what i'm trying to figure out is will he get poetic justice, does he die in carol's arms, does he go out biker style, or does he renouce the biker lifestyle? will he flip out and snap taking his frustration out of his friends, will they make him the guy who starts the trouble, or will they have him survive by a hairs breath when we all see his death coming, will they have someone we like even more kick the bucket instead of him?
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 18:24   #1067
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

Well I hope Daryl is not the one who bites it because the show will loose half of it's fans lol

In-game: Cobra-PR
PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 19:14   #1068
Pronck
Supporting Member

I find it alright how the show is going, it would be weird if it were 5 seasons of pure hack and slash. People are n't made to travel the world continuously especially if they didn't do it from the day they were born. Just have some patience and some other more "fun" things will come up.

As for now I see a role change, Rick's group will act like the Governor's group however a part will switch teams, same thing for the other group, their members will also pick sides in order to survive. Then the whole bloody villages get blasted away by a 4th party (3rd party are the zombies). People die and will start going their own path.

Me personally, what I like the most are the people changing, getting older, changing attitudes. TWD is more to me than just a zombie hack and slash tv-show.
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 19:15   #1069
Pantera

If Daryl, Glenn or Maggie dies...Im out.

Pantera is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-05, 21:06   #1070
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantera View Post
If Daryl, Glenn or Maggie dies...Im out.
Well Daryl isn't in the comics, but I can tell you about Glenn and Maggie....

AfSoccer "I just don't see the natural talent."
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
dead, show, walking