project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
29 Jul 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2014-11-28, 20:34   #91
Qaiex

Qaiex's Avatar
Default Re: Star Wars Episode VII

I know it existed before. They also have light whips, and lightsabers that glow black, and lightsaber resistant metal, because someone decided that fuck it, I want regular swords. EU has a lot of stupid things.

Qaiex is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-28, 20:42   #92
Brainlaag

Brainlaag's Avatar
Default Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaiex View Post
I know it existed before. They also have light whips, and lightsabers that glow black, and lightsaber resistant metal, because someone decided that fuck it, I want regular swords. EU has a lot of stupid things.
You fecking w0t? Lightwhips are weapons that define the very nature of the dark side, it's Indian Jones meets Sauron:


Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 01:18   #93
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Jaymz's Avatar
Default Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainlaag View Post
Gobi plz: Crossguard lightsaber - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

Not that I disagree, it looks silly (and logically speaking reduces the handling a lot considering all the swinging, flipping and turning Sith do) but it's far from being new to the franchise.

I'll save judgment for this, no idea if I'll get cirrhosis of the eyeballs from CGI overload, or not and there is little to say about story, etc. So far I'm more positive than negative, I was expecting worst.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaiex View Post
I know it existed before. They also have light whips, and lightsabers that glow black, and lightsaber resistant metal, because someone decided that fuck it, I want regular swords. EU has a lot of stupid things.
Abrams openly declared that the EU is no longer cannon. So anything "new" is purely his or his writer's creation.

Not that I give a shit....I've been done with reboots, sequels, prequels etc since Prometheus.

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Jaymz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 08:49   #94
ShockUnitBlack

ShockUnitBlack's Avatar
Default Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Glad to see the story takes place during the Rebel Alliance vs. Empire period. Other than that, I'm going to reserve judgment. The Hobbit movies have made me cynical by default.

"I Want To Spend The Rest Of My Life With You Tonight."
ShockUnitBlack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 10:40   #95
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Arab's Avatar
Default Re: Star Wars Episode VII

It looks disappointing, really not looking forward to it.
Arab is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 10:59   #96
Jutsch

Jutsch's Avatar
Default Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainlaag View Post
You fecking w0t? Lightwhips are weapons that define the very nature of the dark side, it's Indian Jones meets Sauron:
Sauron? You mean the Balrog, right?

Jutsch is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 13:12   #97
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor
Project Reality Beta Tester
Default Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymz View Post
Abrams openly declared that the EU is no longer cannon.
Call me ignorant, but since I'm not familiar with the EU, I don't mind Abrams not taking a story out of the EU nor that it was removed from the canon. He and Disney have the freedom to continue the story after Ep VI in whichever direction they see fit, and I welcome their take on a continuation on Star Wars - hopefully they deliver.

With regards to the recent events, the trailer is a mixed bag for me, I'm certainly not going apeshit over the light saber like I have seen some people do in the comment section of the trailer; bloody hell, it's a sword, god forbid somebody wants to protect his hand with a crossguard. I'm not too sure what to think about the X-Wings, Tie-Fighters and the Millenium Falcon. Depending on how much time passed between VI and VII I'd be more inclined for the former two to be replaced, but it gets a pass. The only thing that really bothers me is the droid on the football, somebody tell Abrams that it was cut from Ep I and erase it from existence.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 13:43   #98
Brainlaag

Brainlaag's Avatar
Default Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
Call me ignorant, but since I'm not familiar with the EU, I don't mind Abrams not taking a story out of the EU nor that it was removed from the canon. He and Disney have the freedom to continue the story after Ep VI in whichever direction they see fit, and I welcome their take on a continuation on Star Wars - hopefully they deliver.

With regards to the recent events, the trailer is a mixed bag for me, I'm certainly not going apeshit over the light saber like I have seen some people do in the comment section of the trailer; bloody hell, it's a sword, god forbid somebody wants to protect his hand with a crossguard. I'm not too sure what to think about the X-Wings, Tie-Fighters and the Millenium Falcon. Depending on how much time passed between VI and VII I'd be more inclined for the former two to be replaced, but it gets a pass. The only thing that really bothers me is the droid on the football, somebody tell Abrams that it was cut from Ep I and erase it from existence.
Perhaps if the crossguard was to actually work as intended and not protrude sideways from the hilt itself, making it useless, since any blow sliding down the blade would not meet the lightsaber but the vulnerable hilt.

I quote myself from another thread:

Quote:
Retarded design and absolute lack of logic. They either were thinking "dis gunna lookz so kewl", or tried to adopt some sort of accuracy towards historical swords, without taking into account it's very purpose. The cross guard on real swords is there to prevent injuries on the wielder's hand when a strike gets blocked/deflected and slides down the blade. What they didn't think of in the SW trailer is that the hilt of the lightsaber is protruding and any strike sliding down the saber would damage and/or destroy the hilt, instead of being parried. Complete and utter stupidity, I sometimes wonder what some artists get paid for.
Logic flaws are the worst flaws in movies, things need to be consistent with the movie universe. I suppose that doesn't bother people, who have no eye for detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jutsch View Post
Sauron? You mean the Balrog, right?
They are both Maiar and no, I meant Sauron with his spiky iron armour in the style of many Sith.
Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 14:23   #99
Pantera

Pantera's Avatar
Default Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Movies not even out yet :/

Pantera is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-29, 14:44   #100
Jutsch

Jutsch's Avatar
Default Re: Star Wars Episode VII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainlaag View Post
They are both Maiar and no, I meant Sauron with his spiky iron armour in the style of many Sith.
Oh, i thought you just meant the whip ^^

Jutsch is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
episode, spoilers, star, vii, wars
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 15:15.