project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Off-Topic Forums > Off-Topic Discussion
27 Jul 2021, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Off-Topic Discussion For all discussions not related to PR. No Spam.

Old 2014-10-22, 14:10   #4741
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Default Re: What is the last movie you watched?

^ you should check out Armadillo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta5t...etailpage#t=70
It's on Scandinavian Netflix

Anyone seen Fury? Is it any good? Seen the Tiger vs. Sherman scene on youtube, what the fuck was that .. Is the movie realistic at all?

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 14:19   #4742
bren
Supporting Member

Fury.

Pretty damn good.
bren is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 14:24   #4743
Midnight_o9
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
hated it, the 2 reporters where so fucking cheesy i almost vomited on several ocations, and dont get me started on the standard hollywood "add repeated clip of same situation with added dramatic music so it seems sooo much more dramatic than it actually is.." and also the added soundeffects...

2/10
Would rather watch a "documentary" on discovery channel/history channel about some overweight trucker or gold miner in Yuckon..
Haha yeah the whole "I suck as a father so I'm gonna reconnect with my son in a war zone" was ridiculous. I only find it "good" because there are some cool combat footage, if you abstract the sounds... At some point I stopped paying attention to whatever he was saying and just watched for the images, it's always a good inspiration while working (drawing military stuff).
The dad's "confession" scenes looked so staged it was funny.

Armadillo is a really good documentary indeed.
Midnight_o9 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 17:10   #4744
Zeno

Send a message via MSN to Zeno

Restrepo and Armadillo is indeed realistic and great documentaries!

Anyone excited for interstellar :O ???

[R-DEV]Ninja2dan: Not having a spotter is like masturbating with a cheese grater...mildly amusing at first, but generally painful and bloody in the end.

Thornehaw: If all this have been evidently true, Battlefield is a much scarier and dirtier than ever imagined. Not a conspiracy, but a possibility. If it is true, then trusting another is quite worrisome.
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 17:39   #4745
Midnight_o9
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
Anyone excited for interstellar :O ???
More like who is not?
Midnight_o9 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 22:24   #4746
Xander[nl]
Supporting Member

Send a message via MSN to Xander[nl]

Just watched Fury, doesn't live up to the classics like Saving Private Ryan but it was definitely cool. 8/10

Spoiler for ending:
Leaving out the questionable realism of their kill count in the end, what's up with the German SS soldier? They just killed 100-200 of his friends and comrades and he's like 'nah that's cool man imma let you live'?
Xander[nl] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-24, 01:14   #4747
Raphavenger

Equalizer - 6/10

An pleasant movie even if the portrait of the Russian mafia is cliche and very anti Russian bias.
I liked the final fight.

A Walk Among the Tombstones - 8/10

A good movie. I just wonder why in every god damn Hollywood movie were a white person comes together with a black one there is this unbearable felling of racial justification.
I recommend to watch this one.

Sin City A Dame to kill For - 7/10

Not bad, but It just doesn't live up to the first one.
I am however not really disappointed.
Raphavenger is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-26, 22:34   #4748
ShockUnitBlack

Fury

So I liked Fury. There's pretty much no way that I wouldn't have liked a movie about a Sherman tank crew set during the last days of the Second World War. But there's no getting around it - Fury is a terrible movie. The plot is moronic, unrealistic, and - worst - incredibly manipulative. Without going into details, a ridiculous ending scene manages to depict an SS soldier as the most morally upstanding guy in the entire movie.

There is good news. Brad Pitt does a fine job. The battle scenes are excellent from a technical perspective. A fight with a Tiger tank is tense and exciting. If these merits had been built around a good story - or at least a story that didn't completely suck - Fury would have been a decent movie. But they weren't, and so Fury gets rolled over by its egregious stupidity.

3/10

Gone Girl

Here's a genre movie that has been produced into something really great by David Fincher. This is an unsettling, labyrinthine, sometimes quite funny movie with a plot that somehow manages to stay somewhat believable despite all its twists and turns. The acting - particularly by Rosamund Pike - is great, and the muted colours and eerie Trent Reznor soundtrack all gel together perfectly. Might be a bit long, but whatever.

10/10

"I Want To Spend The Rest Of My Life With You Tonight."
Last edited by ShockUnitBlack; 2014-10-27 at 03:16..
Old 2014-10-26, 22:45   #4749
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

^ My exact thoughts on Fury. Nowhere close to the hype surrounding it.

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Jaymz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 15:41   #4750
boberczus

Just watched Expendables 3. Not bad, not good. 6/10. Maybe 7,5/10 if you count in soundtrack (KONGOS ftw )

Yea... right...
boberczus is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, 7th panzer division, fast, get out of here 9gag, kill everyone, le 9gag army, movie, recommend, watched