project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Jan 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2015-07-31, 01:19   #11
Psyko

Default Re: Dear veterans, quitchyerbitchun about newb SLs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossack View Post
My problem is I expect too much from my squad... Need to calm down and do not try pulling off something bold.
when have i EVER seen you lead?
Psyko is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 03:01   #12
Airsoft
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyko View Post

Airsoft is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 05:00   #13
Cossack
Supporting Member

Quote:
Last 2-4 weeks on OD-S server nearly every evening :P

Cossack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 12:39   #14
Rabbit

Yeah, hes always leading.

AfSoccer "I just don't see the natural talent."
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-02, 00:54   #15
matty1053

Sometimes us veterans don't want to squad lead?

As its a pain because SOME new players tend not to listen. (I am directing that statement towards the newbies that DON'T want to learn how to play.).

I'll gladly squad lead. But I have to have a break once in awhile.

If anyone wants to learn how to squad lead... there's a lot of threads on this forum.

You could have instead of ranting lm here... posted a thread asking how to properly squad lead.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DETROIT TIGERS
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-02, 03:27   #16
Ghost1800

Quote:
this^

Also the people who are bitching are probably not "veterans" more like playing one version earlier than 1.3 and think they are great. I play for 8 years, i dont bitch about new SLs, i kinda bitch when i see AN ENTIRE TEAM OF NEW GUYS, but thats different. Also the other dudes i play with who have been playing just as long are the same. they dont care about individual SLs who are new, but a whole team of headless chickens getting steamrolled by a stacked team of clans who been playing for a decade is both sad and hilarious. But more importantly, brief.

And hey, sorry to be a douche but if you are a boy and you are young enough to sound like a girl, you shouldnt be a squad leader, your pre teen voice stimulates ALL the wrong responses.
I was gonna say, this has been a problem since... well... the dawn of civilization. Leadership is an incredibly complex and difficult social skill that has to be developed over time, and it will develop in different individuals differently (to include, not at all). I myself make a horrible leader, and even then only an adequate follower. By nature I have a tendency to try to be as self reliant as possible and I will even "imaginatively reinterpret" orders, good or bad, to suit what I think is the best course of action. But I am not going to give my SL ***** about learning the ropes or even being dumb as a brick. If I can't do a better job I'm not going to bring it to everyone's attention.

Everyone has a purpose whether they realize what it is or not. The Cocky, the timid, the smart, that idiot that opens fire without properly aiming and gives away the position of his squad, given the right circumstances you can take advantage of all of these people on your team. This is an important trait to gain, in real life or in a game, as you often don't get to pick your allies.

Make due with what you have, try to teach those who need it, and be the best you can be to those who you support and those who return the favor.
Ghost1800 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-02, 04:29   #17
Roger_Liquids

Yeah I don't lead too often but when I do it seems to go pretty well. I have been starting to lead squads more often now since I'm seeing entire teams scattered around a map without following their squad leader. I have been playing for about 4 years now and can't stand being in a squad where the squad leader says to do something and somebody is like well I'm gonna go over here and do this. No... You're not.. You follow squad or get kicked.

**Stay True**
Roger_Liquids is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 13:42   #18
Snaiper

I'm not exactly a veteran (by that I mean I've been only playing PR for a year or two), but one thing that annoys me is:

Overrated mic.

You don't have a mic? Gtfo from squad, you're useless! And there it is, a 4-man squad, when there could be 8. As long as the person has a kit and follows order, they're very, very, very, very useful. Just to prove this I've purposely refused to use mic. And, it's true, I've lost rounds because there'd be only 4 of us in a squad trying to capture a point, just because SL would lock it so someone without a mic wouldn't come. Many times I've been asked to confirm if I have mic, I did that, and I've spoken almost nothing for the whole rest of the round because there just wasn't need to. I'll just say that I've found a lot of things easier to write in squad chat than say in squad voice, due to all the chatting on both local and squad chat. I completely understand the preference of having/using a mic over not having/using one, but that doesn't mean you should just ditch someone from an infantry squad just because they can write, follow orders, do objectives, kill people, chat and be full member of squad just without voice. It's ridiculous. Yes, it's easier and faster to say "Enemy infantry 120 degrees coming towards us", in most cases, than type it. But the same thing someone can write in chat or can use the Q spot function. Another issue is that people who are so obsessed with mics forget that there is team chat, and some things should be announced there instead of just to your own squad or specific squad leader.

Not having a mic =/= not having a gun and brain.

TL;DR:
Having a mic is better than not having one. But, please, don't just ditch people simply because they don't have one, leaving squad half empty. Anyone with a weapon who follows orders is useful, very useful. Squad chat still exists and you should use it and read it.
Snaiper is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 15:02   #19
matty1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaiper View Post

TL;DR:
Having a mic is better than not having one. But, please, don't just ditch people simply because they don't have one, leaving squad half empty. Anyone with a weapon who follows orders is useful, very useful. Squad chat still exists and you should use it and read it.
Not exactly. The ones who do not to have a mic are the ones who TEND to not follow orders. I had a guy in my squad where he didn't have a mic. But he typed in chat saying he didn't have one yet, but he will listen to orders. I gave him a chance. Which he did pretty well.

Micless players should not step in a asset at all. (Tank, APC, HELI, CAS, ect). As you need a mic to survive in them. (Especially driving them).

You can get a basic mic for under $20. But I very commonly name my infantry squad: "MUMBLE INF!". So, you have to have a mic in order to play in my squad. Unless the server is very low population.

Some Mic-Less players are good. But a lot just aren't good at all.

DETROIT TIGERS
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-04, 15:29   #20
Cossack
Supporting Member

Most servers have policy to kick micless people and I fully support that. Why? Because its part of PR.

Cossack is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
newb, quitchyerbitchun, sls, veterans