project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
03 Jul 2020, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2020-06-21, 16:18   #1
VIKKKTORIOUS

VIKKKTORIOUS's Avatar
Default BUGS OR IS IT JUST ME?

Hey guys, I'm completely new to this game, so I have a couple questions regarding death/spawning and something regarding the controls.

I don't know if these are bugs or some are intentional, but sometimes when I die in a vehicle the time until my next respawn goes beyond 1 hour (about 5000-6000 secs) and in order to reset it I need to disconnect and rejoin the server. Some other times, when on foot and die immediately (not wounded), I get the same effect kinda, but this time the option to select a spawning point (as well as the map) won't show up. I have to do the same procedure of rejoining again.

Now regarding the controls, they feel a little clumsy to me. Sometimes they are unresponsive, others they are way too responsive. What do I mean by that: sometimes when I need to sprint I need to press SHIFT repeatedly until I get a response, others when I press to move at any direction and stop I tend to slide or continue to move towards said direction. Some other times (and this happens on the gunner seat on humvees only or at least that's where I noticed it) I press to fire and feels like the the machinegun is "jamming" but this happens only when I first try to fire it, even when it's full of ammo. Another thing I noticed is that when I type in chat, it takes a lot of time until a character registers which sometimes leads to a mash of words or characters put together with no meaning. Also some people say that mumble is not working, but I personally haven't noticed anything since I don't use that feature a lot. I don't know if this helps but I play on CO-OP servers for now.

For the record, my PC is new and this behavior happens only in this game.
Like I said, some of these may be intentional, so please inform me. Also sorry for posting this on general, since I wasn't sure whether or not these are actually bugs. Thank you all in advance, the game is enjoyable!
VIKKKTORIOUS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-21, 16:36   #2
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: BUGS OR IS IT JUST ME?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIKKKTORIOUS View Post
I don't know if these are bugs or some are intentional, but sometimes when I die in a vehicle the time until my next respawn goes beyond 1 hour (about 5000-6000 secs)
Feature. Click done.


Quote:
Originally Posted by VIKKKTORIOUS View Post
sometimes when I need to sprint I need to press SHIFT repeatedly until I get a response, others when I press to move at any direction and stop I tend to slide or continue to move towards said direction
Stop playing on WiFi.


Quote:
Originally Posted by VIKKKTORIOUS View Post
I press to fire and feels like the the machinegun is "jamming" but this happens only when I first try to fire it, even when it's full of ammo.
Feature. I suggest you read the manual. https://www.realitymod.com/manual/en/

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIKKKTORIOUS View Post
it takes a lot of time until a character registers which sometimes leads to a mash of words or characters put together with no meaning.
BF2 engine only reads one character into chat per frame. If you're having low FPS it gets real annoying to type.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-21, 17:30   #3
VIKKKTORIOUS

VIKKKTORIOUS's Avatar
Default Re: BUGS OR IS IT JUST ME?

>Feature. Click done.

It won't show the map to select a spawn point or the "done" button. I keep pressing "M" but still nothing.

>Feature. I suggest you read the manual. https://www.realitymod.com/manual/en/

I didn't know about this. I'll check it out.

>BF2 engine only reads one character into chat per frame. If you're having low FPS it gets real annoying to type.

I'm not getting low frame rates, but oh well.
VIKKKTORIOUS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-21, 20:37   #4
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: BUGS OR IS IT JUST ME?

Press Enter, not M.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-22, 07:56   #5
VIKKKTORIOUS

VIKKKTORIOUS's Avatar
Default Re: BUGS OR IS IT JUST ME?

Thanks a lot man.
VIKKKTORIOUS is offline Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:44.