project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
24 May 2022, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Project Reality Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2022-01-07, 13:33   #1
ALFABETAS
Default Missing Critical info to players from my perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineral View Post
PR:BF2 v1.7.0.0 Changelog (2022/01/01)
-----------------------
Levels:[List]
[*]Khamisiyah:
  • Removed on-map airfields.
  • Added off-map airfields.

[*]Kokan:
  • Added INS128 FR vs Taliban.
  • All INS: Removed no-respawn SPG and bomb cars.
  • INS32: Delayed CAS, removed one LAV-3 and delayed the other.
  • INS64: Lowered USA tickets to 550, delayed CAS and removed Stryker
Khamisiyah: Would like to see full info of changes. That standard layer was moved to large. Larger BMP2M, BMP3/ 2xBradley delayed. Standard layer: etc..

Kokan: Changing DShKM, M2HB technical respawn from 10 to 20 min.

The problem from this: Confusion. It is a bug or intended feature. Not correctly updated PR:BF2 Manual. Like it says killing civilian bluefor loses 10 intel points. Actually, bluefor loses 5 intel points.

HUD:
-Getting in the Gunners position and showing the timer when the gun "warms up". Or any other position where it has a "warm-up" period.
[Gives better clarity. Less confusion. When asking squadmate or blueberry to change the dead 50 cal. gunner. He starts yelling: stop the car I am shooting them. Where the gun is warming up.]

-Changing ammo type. Show the timer when it is ready.
[Gives better clarity. Less confusion. Because people don't see any info that ammo type is still being changed. Panic switching from AP to HE to shoot AT kit aiming at him instead of using MG. A lot of yelling and conflict.]

-DOD marking in game on the map.
[Gives better clarity. Less confusion. Want to defend the last flag and place FOB. Can't build here it is DOD. Players shooting from or into DOD. Admin in PRISME can see that and ban him. But it wasn't the intention of that player.]

-Civilian. Show the timer when you become a full civilian. If it gets reseted too. Friendly getting too close indication and how far away it is. Indication on the equipment that breaks ROE.
[Gives better clarity. A lot less confusion. 2 min. pass, you trying to get killed by bluefor and you die as helping INS side. Some in the car driver close to you. Some random walk to you too close that reset your civilian timer. Or did pull out shovel, epipen.]

-Timed explosive. The time when it is going to be placed or better animation, the explosives would be all the time in the screen area before placing. After placing an explosive the time when it is going to blow up.
[Gives better clarity. Less confusion. When you start masturbating C4 on the end animation it hides it from screen view. When you are in heat of battle or communication or trying to explain to the new guy. They run away from the object before placing it.]

-UAV asset. Like there is info on the map that forces have artillery or mortars and interval, there should be the same for UAV.
[We have information on what kind of asset we have. UAV asset it should be marked.]

-UAV spotting. From UAV view directly. Ability to place markers.
[Easer for players casual and new players. It will be closer to what UAV is capable of in real life, shouldn't break the game balance.]

-Remove spawn point from the map to off-map airbase.
[Gives better clarity. Less confusion. We have teleport from the main base to the airfield. Pilots don't need to be able to spawn there from the game start. All cas is delayed.]
ALFABETAS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-07, 22:38   #2
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: Missing Critical info to players from my perspective

A lot of these were simply not possible in the engine, but with recent improvements we may be able to create some of these timers
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-09, 20:32   #3
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonTavor View Post
A lot of these were simply not possible in the engine, but with recent improvements we may be able to create some of these timers
You all have had many break throughs as DEVs without being handed anything.

The shotgun could be you know, with regard to the civilians, made to have more realistic effect not instant arresting them. So we can have the rock throwing crowds defending the cache against mechanized arrest teams.

You broke the seat rule... We will have fast ropes by 1.8 , 1.9 or 2.0 regardless of whatever "We can't do that" excuses you have set in your mind. We the players believe in you. I will do my best to give you more players who can give a pool of DEVs who work on small things by toying around with the DEV tools.

This is probably the longest lasting game due to it being made by the player. Project Reality was new to me in 2015.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-11, 17:46   #4
ALFABETAS

Quote:
You can put the logic in the game and the game knows when you are full civilian, was to close to the friendly, put c4, get in the apc and switch the seat to gunner posiosion. The game knows all that, but extract all thet to players is not posible?
Old 2022-01-11, 18:23   #5
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFABETAS View Post
You can put the logic in the game and the game knows when you are full civilian, was to close to the friendly, put c4, get in the apc and switch the seat to gunner posiosion. The game knows all that, but extract all thet to players is not posible?
Your game knows almost nothing of this. Most of this information is completely server-side. Python doesn't exist on clients.

Moving this information to the client was impossible. This is something I solved and made much easier in the last year.
Moving this information from client memory to the HUD was very hard. This is another thing I've implemented recently.

These things have been implemented with reverse engineering, not by modifying some existing code.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-12, 18:45   #6
ALFABETAS

Quote:
Your game knows almost nothing of this. Most of this information is completely server-side. Python doesn't exist on clients.

Moving this information to the client was impossible. This is something I solved and made much easier in the last year.
Moving this information from client memory to the HUD was very hard. This is another thing I've implemented recently.

These things have been implemented with reverse engineering, not by modifying some existing code.
Cool! Thats nice work what you have done.
Old 2022-01-12, 19:33   #7
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-14, 13:00   #8
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Project Reality Beta Tester
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
aaaaaah nice! That's definitely a good qol improvement.

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-16, 18:51   #9
ALFABETAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
Nice to see that you guys are working on that.
Old 2022-01-16, 23:11   #10
Coalz101

I don't understand this post, can someone explain to me what's happening here? Is this suppose to be updated changelogs?

Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote